Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%

Cricket mms problems

Ok here we go.

My biggest problem with this whole thing is adb and sync.

Maybe I'm just confused.

I setup sync, install adb stuff (android sdk and so on), plug in the phone and it tells me it can't find sync only after updating the drivers and such. So I said ok, forget you and moved on. when I do anything adb on my windows machine, is says

*daemon started on port 50w/e
    *adb running as root
    error: devices not found

now most of the threads I come across say this is related to the sync, so I get the sync up and running, it finds it and then do the adb, should the push of telephony.db and mms.apk work? or do I only push the one? or how do I get it to see "devices" because I've never seen this actully done anywhere. (a list of "devices" after typing "adb devices" command and following a solution to "error:devices not found")

I've tried it with all the file explorers to just set the permissions and copy it over, though that only make it freak out completely and not work for any texts or mms. even after multiple restarts or waiting. I've been reluctant to try and "pay some kid $5 to make it kinda work" method, because I know that it's possible to make it FULLY work with cricket. I've seen it though mostly in phones that only didn't have internet working. I've never used the green45 w/e because I'm not sure if it just does internet or both net and mms for cricket. So I've just done it all the old fashioned way with qpst.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Nerd
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

All you need is a rooted phone, CW recovery, and a zip file with cricket mms. You run that through CW as install zip from sd and your mms will work. attached folder is in this response.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

I've rooted the phone, and I've ran that from armons (idk how to spell) all it did was revert all the 3g settings to verizon factory and render my mms.apk unusable. Same thing with copy and paste of mms.apk and telepony.db into proper places with es file explorer with root permission. Though that one only make mms.apk unusable even with proper permissions.

So I've been trying the adb route continually though only with errors left and right. mostly related to device not found, though all the "solutions" to this have not worked in my favor either. So I'm kinda lost.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

Whenever i type this

C:\android\tools>adb root
    * daemon started successfully *
    adbd is running as root

its always hangs for a minute and then says "error:device not found"

I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, both the sdk\other stuff and sync, though to no avail.

the times it doesn't say error, is says something about cannot because of production build. Though the solutions to this just make it start saying error device not found again. So it's like a never ending cycle of madness.

So I deleted all of my old cricket_eris_web_mms_v10.zips, downloaded your and "flashed" it, now it's finally working. Thank you oh so very much. The other copies I had must've been corrupted or something because they kept reverting all of my tethered NAI stuff and PPP auth stuff back to verizon factory and it was becoming really aggravating. So thank you very much for your help.

Nerd
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Awesome. Glad it worked.

Thread Information