Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [WIP]CM7.1-BobZ

Quote Originally Posted by papasmurf520 View Post
    Ok I think wifi is broken again. I tried connecting to my network at home and it keeps disconnecting. Anyone else get this problem?

**EDIT** Also mass storage doesn't work. I can't find a way to get files on my sdcard in this build.
    The camera issue is confirmed and a fix will be released with the next build.
    Your the only that has said anything about WiFi and mass storage in three days. You may want to try formatting everything EXCEPT SDcard and re-flashing.
    After the re-flash, if your still having issues with mass storage, try these LG drivers LGUnitedMobileDriver_S498CA22_WHQL_ML_Ver_2.2_2010 1224.zip on your computer. Grab the drivers here:
    Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Bob

2. Remove this advertisement.

Updated build to 9/16

If MMS still don't work try Playfulgod fix:
    Cricket-MMS-Fix_signed.zip

Enjoy!

Phone
    Rooted Optimus C

Could you possibly try to make the neccessary changes to the rom so that it will allow the phone to charge while powered down. That would be awesome.

Sent from my LG-LW690 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gregcapps View Post
    Could you possibly try to make the neccessary changes to the rom so that it will allow the phone to charge while powered down. That would be awesome.

You can't charge while powered off on ANY device running CM7.
    It's not even a bug. It's a feature according to the CyanogenMod team, and I don't really intend on trying to track down what they did that causes it.
    Any official CyanogenMod bug reports opened will be closed immediately, because the CyanogenMod team doesn't seem to care (or it's not on their priority list).

Sorry,
    Bob

Phone
    Rooted Optimus C

Quote Originally Posted by BobZhome View Post
    You can't charge while powered off on ANY device running CM7.
    It's not even a bug. It's a feature according to the CyanogenMod team, and I don't really intend on trying to track down what they did that causes it.
    Any official CyanogenMod bug reports opened will be closed immediately, because the CyanogenMod team doesn't seem to care (or it's not on their priority list).

Sorry,
    Bob
    Oh well. But I must say that "feature" sucks at times.!

Updated my ROM...Info on OP(first post)
    I removed the MMS hack, it does not work right and/or not at all. I'm going to work on getting it to work correctly like every other ROM. Please test the MMS before flashing the hack.

A new lock screen widget: Rings. You can see it in action
    here

Another cool feature that was added is CIFS(Common Internet File System). If you get a program like cifs manager
    https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

from the market, it will allow you to connect to your pc and/or media server via WiFi. You will be able to transfer file, stream music, and watch avi's that are on your computer. The only down fall for me is that MKV's are to big to stream over Wifi to the phone. The audio plays, but the video is to choppy.

Enjoy,
    Bob

Phone
    Rooted Optimus C

I removed the MMS hack, it does not work right and/or not at all. I'm going to work on getting it to work correctly like every other ROM. Please test the MMS before flashing the hack.

A new lock screen widget: Rings. You can see it in action
    here

Another cool feature that was added is CIFS(Common Internet File System). If you get a program like cifs manager
    https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

from the market, it will allow you to connect to your pc and/or media server via WiFi. You will be able to transfer file, stream music, and watch avi's that are on your computer. The only down fall for me is that MKV's are to big to stream over Wifi to the phone. The audio plays, but the video is to choppy.

Enjoy,
    Bob
    Initial thoughts on new build.

Camera not working properly. I get a black screen, and says it is not responding. Lock screen is very cool.

Try lowering your Over Clocking to see if it helps the camera. Also did you try sending/receiving MMS...was wondering if I got it right with out the hack.
    Thanks for the feedback,
    Bob

Phone
    Rooted Optimus C

Try lowering your Over Clocking to see if it helps the camera. Also did you try sending/receiving MMS...was wondering if I got it right with out the hack.
    Thanks for the feedback,
    Bob
    Have not tried mms yet. May try it later, back on 9/16 build for now. Camera won't even work at 600mhz.

Last edited by gregcapps; 10-01-2011 at 03:56 PM.

Enjoy,
    Bob

Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Droid Incredible

Bob,

Nice work on the newest build.. this thing runs ffaaassst.. my only problem is the above mentioned issue with the camera .. I get a black screen then a not responding wait or FC message .. that's with a fresh install and CPU speed left alone at 600 MHz..

Any ideas?

Thanks

J

Overall activity: 2.0%

I like this ROM a lot, however there is NO cam when I use it All I get is a black screen, this is with the new build and no settings changed.

Quote Originally Posted by glock075 View Post
    Bob,

Nice work on the newest build.. this thing runs ffaaassst.. my only problem is the above mentioned issue with the camera .. I get a black screen then a not responding wait or FC message .. that's with a fresh install and CPU speed left alone at 600 MHz..

Any ideas?

Thanks

J

I'll have to look into the camera issue... it should be working. But with multiple people reporting that it's not is an issue. Thanks for the feedback!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    HOV

Hi Bob, any idea when the black camera thing might be fixed? Other than the afore mentioned issue it rocks!

I'm not sure when I'll get to another build right now.
    1) I build for a bunch of phone
    2) This rom(LW690) is at the bottom with the least amount of people using/downloading
    3) I just started converting my server to start building ics(Ice Cream Sandwich)
    4) I don't believe porting ics to my phone will be an easy thing

If I find some time, I'll try to squeeze out one last gingerbread build for you. I need some info to see what's going on with your camera.

I need a logcat, open 'terminal emulator' on your phone. Then type:

su
    logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt

Press home (not back) button and reproduce the camera problem. When finished, go back into terminal emulator and press vol-down key then 'c' to stop logcat. Then copy the /sdcard/log.txt file to your PC, then copy and paste the lines from the file directly to pastebin.com(don't need a subscription) & copy the link to it here.

Also do the same with dmesg:
    Open terminal and type in:
    su
    dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.txt
    Press home (not back) button and reproduce the camera problem. When finished, go back into terminal emulator and press vol-down key then 'c' to stop logcat. Then copy the /sdcard/log.txt file to your PC, then copy and paste the lines from the file directly to pastebin.com(don't need a subscription) & copy the link to it here.

Hopefully...between those two log file, I'll be able to see what the problem is.
    Thanks,
    Bob

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information