Sign Up Now FAQ
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

 
Welcome to Cricket Users!



Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 57

Thread: [WIP]CM7.1-BobZ

  1. #16
    Junior Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 12
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    21



    Quote Originally Posted by papasmurf520 View Post
    Ok I think wifi is broken again. I tried connecting to my network at home and it keeps disconnecting. Anyone else get this problem?

    **EDIT** Also mass storage doesn't work. I can't find a way to get files on my sdcard in this build.
    The camera issue is confirmed and a fix will be released with the next build.
    Your the only that has said anything about WiFi and mass storage in three days. You may want to try formatting everything EXCEPT SDcard and re-flashing.
    After the re-flash, if your still having issues with mass storage, try these LG drivers LGUnitedMobileDriver_S498CA22_WHQL_ML_Ver_2.2_2010 1224.zip on your computer. Grab the drivers here:
    Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!



    Bob


  2. Remove this advertisement.
  3. #17
    Junior Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 12
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    21



    Updated build to 9/16

    If MMS still don't work try Playfulgod fix:
    Cricket-MMS-Fix_signed.zip




    Enjoy!


  4. #18
    Member gregcapps's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 14
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    151
    Phone
    Rooted Optimus C



    Could you possibly try to make the neccessary changes to the rom so that it will allow the phone to charge while powered down. That would be awesome.

    Sent from my LG-LW690 using Tapatalk

  5. #19
    Junior Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 12
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    21



    Quote Originally Posted by gregcapps View Post
    Could you possibly try to make the neccessary changes to the rom so that it will allow the phone to charge while powered down. That would be awesome.

    Sent from my LG-LW690 using Tapatalk
    You can't charge while powered off on ANY device running CM7.
    It's not even a bug. It's a feature according to the CyanogenMod team, and I don't really intend on trying to track down what they did that causes it.
    Any official CyanogenMod bug reports opened will be closed immediately, because the CyanogenMod team doesn't seem to care (or it's not on their priority list).

    Sorry,
    Bob

  6. #20
    Member gregcapps's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 14
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    151
    Phone
    Rooted Optimus C



    Quote Originally Posted by BobZhome View Post
    You can't charge while powered off on ANY device running CM7.
    It's not even a bug. It's a feature according to the CyanogenMod team, and I don't really intend on trying to track down what they did that causes it.
    Any official CyanogenMod bug reports opened will be closed immediately, because the CyanogenMod team doesn't seem to care (or it's not on their priority list).

    Sorry,
    Bob
    Oh well. But I must say that "feature" sucks at times.!

    Sent from my LG-LW690 using Tapatalk

  7. #21
    Junior Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 12
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    21



    Updated my ROM...Info on OP(first post)
    I removed the MMS hack, it does not work right and/or not at all. I'm going to work on getting it to work correctly like every other ROM. Please test the MMS before flashing the hack.

    A new lock screen widget: Rings. You can see it in action
    here




    Another cool feature that was added is CIFS(Common Internet File System). If you get a program like cifs manager
    https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result


    from the market, it will allow you to connect to your pc and/or media server via WiFi. You will be able to transfer file, stream music, and watch avi's that are on your computer. The only down fall for me is that MKV's are to big to stream over Wifi to the phone. The audio plays, but the video is to choppy.

    Enjoy,
    Bob




  8. #22
    Member gregcapps's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 14
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    151
    Phone
    Rooted Optimus C



    Quote Originally Posted by BobZhome View Post
    Updated my ROM...Info on OP(first post)
    I removed the MMS hack, it does not work right and/or not at all. I'm going to work on getting it to work correctly like every other ROM. Please test the MMS before flashing the hack.

    A new lock screen widget: Rings. You can see it in action
    here




    Another cool feature that was added is CIFS(Common Internet File System). If you get a program like cifs manager
    https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result


    from the market, it will allow you to connect to your pc and/or media server via WiFi. You will be able to transfer file, stream music, and watch avi's that are on your computer. The only down fall for me is that MKV's are to big to stream over Wifi to the phone. The audio plays, but the video is to choppy.

    Enjoy,
    Bob
    Initial thoughts on new build.

    Camera not working properly. I get a black screen, and says it is not responding. Lock screen is very cool.

    Sent from my LG-LW690 using Tapatalk




  9. #23
    Junior Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 12
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    21



    Try lowering your Over Clocking to see if it helps the camera. Also did you try sending/receiving MMS...was wondering if I got it right with out the hack.
    Thanks for the feedback,
    Bob

  10. #24
    Member gregcapps's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 14
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    151
    Phone
    Rooted Optimus C



    Quote Originally Posted by BobZhome View Post
    Try lowering your Over Clocking to see if it helps the camera. Also did you try sending/receiving MMS...was wondering if I got it right with out the hack.
    Thanks for the feedback,
    Bob
    Have not tried mms yet. May try it later, back on 9/16 build for now. Camera won't even work at 600mhz.

    Sent from my LG-LW690 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gregcapps; 10-01-2011 at 03:56 PM.

  11. #25
    Junior Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 12
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    21



    Updated my ROM...Info on OP(first post)

    Enjoy,
    Bob

  12. #26
    Junior Member
    Points: 527, Level: 10
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 11
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    18
    Phone
    Droid Incredible



    Bob,

    Nice work on the newest build.. this thing runs ffaaassst.. my only problem is the above mentioned issue with the camera .. I get a black screen then a not responding wait or FC message .. that's with a fresh install and CPU speed left alone at 600 MHz..

    Any ideas?

    Thanks

    J

    Sent from my LG-LW690 using Tapatalk

  13. #27
    Junior Member
    Points: 314, Level: 6
    Overall activity: 2.0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    3



    I like this ROM a lot, however there is NO cam when I use it All I get is a black screen, this is with the new build and no settings changed.

  14. #28
    Junior Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 12
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    21



    Quote Originally Posted by glock075 View Post
    Bob,

    Nice work on the newest build.. this thing runs ffaaassst.. my only problem is the above mentioned issue with the camera .. I get a black screen then a not responding wait or FC message .. that's with a fresh install and CPU speed left alone at 600 MHz..

    Any ideas?

    Thanks

    J

    Sent from my LG-LW690 using Tapatalk
    I'll have to look into the camera issue... it should be working. But with multiple people reporting that it's not is an issue. Thanks for the feedback!

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

  15. #29
    Junior Member
    Points: 1,503, Level: 22
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 9
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    KC Missouri
    Posts
    18
    Phone
    HOV



    Hi Bob, any idea when the black camera thing might be fixed? Other than the afore mentioned issue it rocks!

  16. #30
    Junior Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 12
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    21



    I'm not sure when I'll get to another build right now.
    1) I build for a bunch of phone
    2) This rom(LW690) is at the bottom with the least amount of people using/downloading
    3) I just started converting my server to start building ics(Ice Cream Sandwich)
    4) I don't believe porting ics to my phone will be an easy thing

    If I find some time, I'll try to squeeze out one last gingerbread build for you. I need some info to see what's going on with your camera.

    I need a logcat, open 'terminal emulator' on your phone. Then type:

    su
    logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt

    Press home (not back) button and reproduce the camera problem. When finished, go back into terminal emulator and press vol-down key then 'c' to stop logcat. Then copy the /sdcard/log.txt file to your PC, then copy and paste the lines from the file directly to pastebin.com(don't need a subscription) & copy the link to it here.

    Also do the same with dmesg:
    Open terminal and type in:
    su
    dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.txt
    Press home (not back) button and reproduce the camera problem. When finished, go back into terminal emulator and press vol-down key then 'c' to stop logcat. Then copy the /sdcard/log.txt file to your PC, then copy and paste the lines from the file directly to pastebin.com(don't need a subscription) & copy the link to it here.

    Hopefully...between those two log file, I'll be able to see what the problem is.
    Thanks,
    Bob

 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Advertise With Us?
Advertise with us? (Position 1 - Advertise with Us) Small Banner