Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Droid Incredible

ooookkkkkk then... I'm stoked to load the newest build but I actually have to use my camera, occasionally, for process serve stuff..

Soo... guess I'll go ahead and move this weekend and not play on my phone..

BTW: Thanks for the hard work!!

J

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    Rooted Optimus C

Is it at all possible to make a change to the ROM so that the phone will be able to charge while powered off?

Verified Developer

Quote Originally Posted by gregcapps View Post
    Is it at all possible to make a change to the ROM so that the phone will be able to charge while powered off?
    I will look into it, it isnt a major issue to me as I never turn my phone off lol, but thats just me.

Phone
    Rooted Optimus C

Quote Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
    I will look into it, it isnt a major issue to me as I never turn my phone off lol, but thats just me.
    It was an issue for me the other day. My phone had completely died, and I was out so I only had my car charger. The phone just kept booting up and shutting off. It finally got enough charge to stay on and charge, but it took a while.

Verified Developer

It was an issue for me the other day. My phone had completely died, and I was out so I only had my car charger. The phone just kept booting up and shutting off. It finally got enough charge to stay on and charge, but it took a while.
    Yea that would def be a time for it to charge while off. I will look into it

Phone
    Rooted Optimus C

I did find another seemingly perfect fix for the screen wake problem. I found a new launcher. DxTop. I got the pro version for free though Amazon free app of the day yesterday. It has a built in lock screen, which seems to completely bypass the cyanogen lock screen settings. Screen wake is instant. I always wondered why in cm7 there are two places to specify screen timeout and delay. Makes me believe that their built in lock screen is the problem with the screen wake.

Verified Developer

I did find another seemingly perfect fix for the screen wake problem. I found a new launcher. DxTop. I got the pro version for free though Amazon free app of the day yesterday. It has a built in lock screen, which seems to completely bypass the cyanogen lock screen settings. Screen wake is instant. I always wondered why in cm7 there are two places to specify screen timeout and delay. Makes me believe that their built in lock screen is the problem with the screen wake.
    Its possible. I noticed a diff using ADW, screen of/off turned off, surface dithering turned off, and setting the min cpu speed to 245Mhz.

Also I rebuilt the recovery tonight to fix usb storage from recovery same likes work and update with koush about it. Hopefully he will add it tonight or soon. The issue is So many thunderc phones. I think every Optimus made is a thunderc or g lol

its sad too cuz the crt animation works :\
    Last edited by PlayfulGod; 09-01-2011 at 03:02 AM.

Phone
    Rooted Optimus C

Its possible. I noticed a diff using ADW, screen of/off turned off, surface dithering turned off, and setting the min cpu speed to 245Mhz.

Also I rebuilt the recovery tonight to fix usb storage from recovery same likes work and update with koush about it. Hopefully he will add it tonight or soon. The issue is So many thunderc phones. I think every Optimus made is a thunderc or g lol

its sad too cuz the crt animation works :\
    You actually got the animations to work??

As for the min CPU speed, i'm still on bobz build, so i'm using the overclock kernel With scaling set to 480-768.

Verified Developer

You actually got the animations to work??

As for the min CPU speed, i'm still on bobz build, so i'm using the overclock kernel With scaling set to 480-768.
    I may borrow his kernel lol, but working on my own too

Yea they've work since day one for me, shame to have to turn it off cuz of the screen wake issue.

Phone
    Rooted Optimus C

Well I can see them but then the screen won't wake back up.

Phone
    Rooted Optimus C

Seems the thread is not getting much activity lately. Maybe that means we are getting close to a final build .

Also wanted to update you on an interesting finding while using bobz build. The overclock kernel from reppard will flash fine and the phone remains completely stable at 768mhz. However, for some reason it kills wifi. After flashing the kernel, I cannot even connect to open networks.

Verified Developer

Seems the thread is not getting much activity lately. Maybe that means we are getting close to a final build .

Also wanted to update you on an interesting finding while using bobz build. The overclock kernel from reppard will flash fine and the phone remains completely stable at 768mhz. However, for some reason it kills wifi. After flashing the kernel, I cannot even connect to open networks.
    yea, it kills the link with the wifi module. I think reppard had compiled a module to go with his kernel now tho .

And I have created my own kernel, try to get the last thing I want it to do to play nice. I hate when stuff compiles w/o errors and no workie lol. I may release tomorrow if all goes well
    Last edited by PlayfulGod; 09-03-2011 at 09:34 PM.

Phone
    Rooted Optimus C

Cool. Thanks for the update and all the hard work you have put into this to get everything working properly.

Sent from my LG-LW690 using Tapatalk

Verified Developer

Cool. Thanks for the update and all the hard work you have put into this to get everything working properly.

Sent from my LG-LW690 using Tapatalk
    yw and thank you

Phone
    Rooted Optimus C

yw and thank you
    I was on the wiki site a little bit ago. Noticed the change log for the upcoming build, cant wait to try it out. Hopefully with the new build I won't get that annoying insufficient space error with the market. That's another reason I switched back to bobz build. I'd rather be using yours because it seems to be more customized for cricket. See what you can figure out on that error if you can. I tried the fix you suggested. Clearing the data and cache didn't do the trick for me.

Any luck with the research on the ability to charge while powered down by any chance?

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information