Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
    Phone
    Rooted Optimus C

Quote Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
    reppard said he got better battery life with it. Other than that, just sync'd with CM.
    Okay just wondering. Another question. Have you made any more attempts at charging from powered down. I also asked bob about it he said he was not going to try to figure out.

Sent from my LG-LW690 using Tapatalk

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Verified Developer
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by gregcapps View Post
    Okay just wondering. Another question. Have you made any more attempts at charging from powered down. I also asked bob about it he said he was not going to try to figure out.

I've played with and not had any luck. I tend to agree with Bob thats its a CM thing as my DX does the same thing, but the Ascend does not, so that makes me wonder about it being a CM thing lol. I will still try different things to see if I can get it working. But it is a bug with CM7 across the Optimus line tho.

Phone
    Rooted Optimus C

Quote Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
    I've played with and not had any luck. I tend to agree with Bob thats its a CM thing as my DX does the same thing, but the Ascend does not, so that makes me wonder about it being a CM thing lol. I will still try different things to see if I can get it working. But it is a bug with CM7 across the Optimus line tho.
    Yeah Bob actually called it a "feature". Some feature huh?

Verified Developer

Yeah Bob actually called it a "feature". Some feature huh?

I'm sure thats what he read from CM tho lol. I've read debates over it and over charging while in recovery lol.

Phone
    Rooted Optimus C

On your next release could you please remove the hard keyboard

Has there been any progress on the GPS problem?

My GPS isn't working by itself. I have to have the wireless networks option enabled and even then the Maps app isn't able to locate my phone properly.

Phone
    Rooted Optimus C

Quote Originally Posted by gryghost99 View Post
    Has there been any progress on the GPS problem?

My GPS isn't working by itself. I have to have the wireless networks option enabled and even then the Maps app isn't able to locate my phone properly.
    No problems here. Are you using the most current build? I think I am actually using the 9/9 build, but I disabled wireless network location to test it out. I got an accurate GPS lock in about 10 seconds.

No problems here. Are you using the most current build? I think I am actually using the 9/9 build, but I disabled wireless network location to test it out. I got an accurate GPS lock in about 10 seconds.

I am also running the 9/9 build. I was reading back a few pages and noticed that you had a problem after flashing with the GPS. You had to flash back to stock and enable it, then reflash without wiping the cache. Was hoping that there was something I could do to NOT have to redo my phone again.

Phone
    Rooted Optimus C

I am also running the 9/9 build. I was reading back a few pages and noticed that you had a problem after flashing with the GPS. You had to flash back to stock and enable it, then reflash without wiping the cache. Was hoping that there was something I could do to NOT have to redo my phone again.
    Well, I since lost my stock backup, and have not had any problems getting GPS to work by simply flashing the new builds.

Guessing I should probably try and reflash. Was hoping to avoid all the reinstall, but I will just have to suck it up.

Thanks

Ok... I have tried a to wipe and reflash and my GPS still isn't working. Guessing I am going to have to try what gregcapps did in an earlier post by reverting back to stock to enable.

@gregcapps: If you can remember, can you give me your step by step?

Also, is there any instructions on how to revert back to stock? I read the one post on here by dforthman (http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...stock-rom.html) on how to revert to stock, but I would like to confirm that it still works.

Please forgive my 'noobishness', but I can't take the risk of completely bricking this phone. I use it for business and it's loss would be extreme.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Ok... I have tried a to wipe and reflash and my GPS still isn't working. Guessing I am going to have to try what gregcapps did in an earlier post by reverting back to stock to enable.

@gregcapps: If you can remember, can you give me your step by step?

Also, is there any instructions on how to revert back to stock? I read the one post on here by dforthman (http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...stock-rom.html) on how to revert to stock, but I would like to confirm that it still works.

Please forgive my 'noobishness', but I can't take the risk of completely bricking this phone. I use it for business and it's loss would be extreme.
    My GPS would not work at all tell I went back to the stock using Post #15 cuz I didn't backup the stock rom the first time.. In the stock rom turned on the gps and now works very fast in this new cm7 rom.. Other then that I have no clue how to fix the gps, And trust me I tired everything lol

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Not sure if it's something in this rom or something I installed but I use adfree.. It starts up when I boot my phone witch is a good thing problem is it will only run like 3-5mins at a time then something turns it off.. Driving me crazy!

Ok.... got the GPS working.

I reverted back to stock, turned on the GPS, then followed the steps as normal (completely, even the wiping of data/cache/Dalvik). Got a little worried at first with the revert... bricked the phone. Took 3 tries to get it working. Seems there is a bug in the KD500 tool... but all in all, it worked eventually.

@PlayfulGod : You may want to put a note in the instructions about making sure the GPS is turned on before flashing. Just a thought
    Thanks again for this awesome mod to CM7

Verified Developer

OP updated, new build Android 2.3.7

Overall activity: 2.0%

Minor issues with the ROM

I love this ROM! There are still a few minor issues and one major issues with this ROM. The minor ones are it is still thinking there is a hard keyboard when you 1st go to register the device, the other minor issue is MMS is a bit off but did work this time after flashing the MMS fix. The major issue is the market is not showing some apps still. All and all this ROM is great!

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread Information