Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Droid Incredible

Strange .. what apps are not showing up in market? Been running this update since it came out.. didn't notice the hard keyboard issue but I usually skip the first time login anyways ..

I would like to know on the market issue so I can check mine .. seems like all the normal programs (for me) are visible ..

Thanks

J

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Apps not showing

For those wondering the CBS news app is not showing, G4, and a few others.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

This is a wild guess, but could it be due to the build.prop?

You can also try Settings > applications > manage applications > all > Market > clear cache > back > Google Services Framework > clear data. If you try to go back into the Market you will have an error connecting. Then reboot. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Shouldn't do any harm at least.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Ok - got a new problem. Ever since the revert and reflash to get GPS working, my bluetooth doesn't work anymore. All I get is real bad static through the headset.

Not sure if the two are related. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my LG-LW690 using Tapatalk

No ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by gryghost99 View Post
    No ideas?

To anyone with issues....
    I had some odd bugs as well. My phone was randomly freezing, bluetooth wasnt working properly, Tethering kept freezing the phone, and even though I was rooted and had CM7 installed, SU wasnt allowing apps permission.

Heres what I did to fix my Issues :
    I went back into recovery
    I wiped Dalvik/Cache/SD-EXT/Data/System multiple times ( 2-3 times each )
    I reinstalled CM7 twice

All problems are gone. Everything is working 100% and Im a happy camper

Just a heads up, it really is worth the .99 cents for Flash Image GUI. It worked without hassle and Recovery is working perfectly. Shame there is no fastboot key combination I could have just used FB to push the image otherwise. Oh well, a buck was a small price to pay for making this phone awesome. Will be donating to CM7 project shortly

Heres how I got CM7 Installed easily ( No offense but the original post is a pain to follow )

1) Use GINGERBREAK !!! To hell with ADB and using 1-click. I tried for an hour but ADB is a pain with device drivers on Win 7 X64! Gingerbreak rooted within minutes and truly is a 1-click solution!
    2) Once rooted, Download the recovery image to the sd card and flash it using Flash Image GUI on the optimus itself. Pick it up on the market or sideload it. 0% hassle and well worth it !
    3) Download CM7 for the optimus C on your comp and put it on the SD Card
    4) Reboot into recovery. ( power off completely - hold home / volume down / then press and hold the power button )
    5) Wipe data / cache/ dalvik / system / sd-ext several times
    6) Install CM7 from Zip ( I did it 2x ) and enjoy

This method requires NO connection to a PC ! You could even use the Optimus to download the recovery image / CM7 / Gingerbreak all on its own.

As a side note, I had 2 SD cards I used. All of my images were on my smaller card ( 8Gb ) . Once I flashed CM7 I powered off the phone, swapped to my 16 gb card, then partitioned it using recovery to include sd-ext and swap. You dont have to do this but I remembered reading CM7 works better with swap. Also , dont forget that partitioning the sdcard will wipe your data on it hence why I used another card for installation. CM7 comes with A2SDGUI to set up moving Dalvik onto the SD card as well as move apps / use swap. I highly recommend using those features

PS
    G4 and CBS news show up for me.
    Last edited by pyraxiate; 11-29-2011 at 08:03 AM.

Did alright until step 4 there. Holding that button combo does a factory reset on me. Am I soon something wrong? I know root stick, I've got su. Used flash GUI from the owners website. As far as I can tell, something just isn't working properly for me. On a side note, I did brick this phone a while back using some other crap recovery, finally restored to stock in software update/emergency mode. Could this be causing my issues?

Thats a good question. What recovery are you using? I'll Dropbox a link to the one im using for you. Works fine for me. Ive seen a couple floating around but I think im using the one directly from the CM7 wiki for the optimus C.

Here it is Using Flash Image Gui make sure you select "Recovery Image" and choose this file. Make sure it has SU permissions too.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37729675/OptimusC/recovery.img

I always clear Dalvik / Cache too. Goodluck and please let us know if it works for ya

PS
    Double Checked. Its definitely home +Volume Down while turning it on. Im using CWM Recovery version 5.0.2.6 if that helps any.

Last edited by pyraxiate; 12-06-2011 at 07:37 AM.

thanks, that worked perfectly. recovery img i had was definatley a different size, but i would have sworn i picked it up from a post by playfulgod. maybe i just..had the dumb or somethin. just did a backup, gonna try to figure out ext part now.

Quote Originally Posted by ihaxxu View Post
    thanks, that worked perfectly. recovery img i had was definatley a different size, but i would have sworn i picked it up from a post by playfulgod. maybe i just..had the dumb or somethin. just did a backup, gonna try to figure out ext part now.
    Awesome! Im glad I can help. Dont forget to click on the **Give rep point** so people know to trust my posts on here. Im coming from other more known sites ( Look me up on XDA ) but others may not know that. The rest is simple though. Make sure you wipe everything several times before flashing the rom. Dont wipe boot / recovery though. Just what I listed above. Also, I had to use the MMS fix / Gapps packages too. Let me know if you need those and Ill link them as well. Ill be on for the next few hours so we can get you all set up

links to those would be great, and what exactly does that gapps thing do anyways? i see it mentioned here and there but no real explanation of what it is.

LOL you have to read the first post. PlayfulGod cant give you google apps ( Gapps ) cooked in because it would be a violation of Googles TOC's. Instead they have to be side-loaded. You will need it to get Market / Gmail / Ect. The MMS does work for some right out of the box but it didnt for mine. Test your picture messaging before flashing that zip as it may mess it up if its not needed. Gapps is absolutely needed though unless you never intend to use any google applications :P

Here they are :
    Gapps -
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37729675/Opt...613-signed.zip

MMS Fix -
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37729675/Opt...Fix_signed.zip

You flash these zips using CWM ( Just like you install CM7 )

PS
    Everything Ive linked is directly from PlayfulGods Wiki. I take NO credit for anything at all. He is the man

http://playfuldroidz.com/wiki/index.php?title=CM74OC

Last edited by pyraxiate; 12-06-2011 at 08:32 AM.

the recovery you gave is not the same as the one one there, yours worked, the other did not. Dunno if i need mms fix or not, will have to wait until i get service again..just recovered this phone from a brick caused by bad advice from rebel, so i havent had a chance to renew service yet. Will cricket let me renew with this on there? will i need to flash back to stock before they can do their updating, new number, etc thing? BTW, tried Bobz rom(figured more receint build might be a little better) and only half the buttons worked, the butons that did work did teh wrong thing, and the touchscreen didnt funciton at all. great work on an apparently very stable build PlayfulGod. I'm sure I'll have more questions once I've had more time to tinker with all the settings.

Quote Originally Posted by ihaxxu View Post
    the recovery you gave is not the same as the one one there, yours worked, the other did not. Dunno if i need mms fix or not, will have to wait until i get service again..just recovered this phone from a brick caused by bad advice from rebel, so i havent had a chance to renew service yet. Will cricket let me renew with this on there? will i need to flash back to stock before they can do their updating, new number, etc thing? BTW, tried Bobz rom(figured more receint build might be a little better) and only half the buttons worked, the butons that did work did teh wrong thing, and the touchscreen didnt funciton at all. great work on an apparently very stable build PlayfulGod. I'm sure I'll have more questions once I've had more time to tinker with all the settings.
    Im glad everything worked out for you You shouldnt have an issue with cricket activating the phone for you as they only go by its IMEI / ESN to activate. The software on the phone itself doesnt make a difference to them. Just dont forget to dial *228 after having it re-activated though to have the PRL pushed to your phone!

FWIW, I think Bobz build is a work in progress as its listed as CM7.1 vs CM7. You could always check back in with it to see how its progressing. Developers absolutely need testers I am a little leery testing on the Optimus C as I still havent found out how to get into fastboot mode. Once i can get that sorted out, Ill certainly test pretty much anything out there as I am extremely familiar with recovering via FB as a failsafe

Oh and dont forget, If anyone helps you on here , add to their reputation! ( Little link under their name on the left column in the grey box you see reply/reply with quote in ... hint hint wink wink LOL
    Its how people know im posting good data / safe files to use on their phones
    Last edited by pyraxiate; 12-06-2011 at 09:08 AM.

Supporting Member

Hey ihaxxu rebel never gave you bad advice. I know for a fact he has a message where your thanking him for all his help fixing your phone.Don't blame other people for your mistakes bud. We all mess up sometimes, but don't say things like that. i really helped a lot of people and although some developers and I had our differences I never gave advice unless I was specifically helping someone fix their phone. And I always helped them all the way through. I still have your messages so again, don't blame someone for helping you. If I didn't respond to your last few it's because i left the scene for a long time due to personal issues, it doesn't make it my fault.The only tools I gave people to use were official and proven methods to fix their devices, for example the lg support tool. I'm a fan of both the new devs on the scene and I commend them on their great work.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread Information