Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Stock ROM

Overall activity: 0%

Someone!. Link me to CM7 for the C. (: And then link me on a tutorial on how to nan back up. (: Thanks. I'm pretty new at this.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Quote Originally Posted by ikawaiix3 View Post
    Someone!. Link me to CM7 for the C. (: And then link me on a tutorial on how to nan back up. (: Thanks. I'm pretty new at this.
    if i was u id wait for a better rom. it does work thou. i cant get any apps installed yet also no market. anyway did u get custom recovery yet? u need to be rooted first. i think the response is faster then the 2.2.2 but i wanna go back and i forgot to nandroid backup. good luck edit: i can install a few apps but like market,weather bug, (i live in tornado valley i always check it) launcher pro, but ppa installed ( prepaidandroids ) everything force closes.
    Last edited by snowww; 06-02-2011 at 10:54 AM.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by snowww View Post
    if i was u id wait for a better rom. it does work thou. i cant get any apps installed yet also no market. anyway did u get custom recovery yet? u need to be rooted first. i think the response is faster then the 2.2.2 but i wanna go back and i forgot to nandroid backup. good luck edit: i can install a few apps but like market,weather bug, (i live in tornado valley i always check it) launcher pro, but ppa installed ( prepaidandroids ) everything force closes.

Do not listen to this kid.I've had nothing but great reviews, he did not use the proper custom recovery (I know because we haven't released it yet). He also did not do a proper wipe and partition i'm willing to bet. I've NEVER had an app force close that wouldn't have had an issue on this phone to begin with. Snowww don't ***** about a rom, it's pretty great and I've decided against porting another one because of people like you. All you can do is complain. So since people wanna ***** i'm not giving them what they want. Only thing you could have an issue with is some of the CM settings, but thats because it was off of a beta build.I spent hours on this.

nobody was talkn shit ******* this is the second time you have accused someone of talking shit. or taking credit of your work. i said it works, good job buddy. but yea force close on allot of apps. im no where near complaining bud. proper custom recovery.... then why would you release the rom? plus ikawiix3 said he was new too this so i dont think he should try its not 100 yet. i was just stating what i had problems with, like when i make a call the 3g would disappear, also no market. if im wrong im wrong. im sure you spent hours im in no way down grading you or your work. im very happy you got thus far. when i say better rom i mean wait for it to be 100.
    Xionia CWMA v1.2518.4 Recovery is what i used

Quote Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
    5/3/2011 - corrected instructions on how to restore your Cricket C back to stock. I have confirmed this works. I have performed these exact steps on my own C.

Credit for some of the instructions for resetting the Optimus C back to factory go out to mmarz (
    [HowTo] Restore the Stock Firmware Using Emergency Recovery Techniques (Untested) - Android Forums

) and 00_wrath_00. I have just edited their instructions and added some of my own experience with resetting my own Optimus C back to factory.

As stated in mmarz thread,

NO ONE should try this. No one. Not ever. Don't do this. This will brick your phone. No one do this! If you can get into adb shell or your recovery there is absolutely no reason to ever do this! Never ever ever ever ever ever!!!!!

BUT IT DID WORK FOR ME. I HAVE TESTED THIS ON MY OWN CRICKET OPTIMUS C.

1. Download the package I have put together to restore phone to factory
    OptimusC.rar

2. Extract it into your C:\ directory such that KP500-Utils-EN.exe is located: C:\KP500-Utils-EN-v0.4.2\KP500-Utils-EN.exe along with cab file.
    2. Firmware and KP500-Utils-EN.exe should be located within the same directory
    3. Make sure you have the most recent version of LG Mobile Support Tool Mobile Phone Support. Uninstall older version and re-install the latest if you do not already have.
    4. Turn off your phone and take out the microsd card
    5. Turn phone back on
    6. Connect your phone with the USB
    7. Make sure you have your phone in USB debugging mode by going to Settings/Applications/Development and tapping on USB debugging
    8. Run KP500-Utils-EN.exe
    9. Press the letter J on your keyboard and press enter
    10. Type LW690 for Phone Model and press enter
    11. Type LW690ZV5_01.S5_01.cab and press enter
    12. Type LW690ZV5 for the Version and press enter
    13. The updater in my package will open up and probably complain that the phone is not connected. Just click restart and the program will continue.
    14. Allow the program to do it's thing. Your phone eventually should reboot with a screen that says it's upgrading.
    15. Wait until the downgrade is complete and the phone reboots. Do not unplug your phone until the program asks you to exit.
    16. For me, it went back to my home screen and did not loop on the animation screen. But if it does loop on the android animation don't panic. Pull the battery out.
    17. Perform a factory reset by going into settings menu/privacy and click on factory data reset.
    18. Perform factory reset.
    19. Then wait. Phone will start up and animation will take a while till it gets to the Welcome screen. This brought me back to a factory Cricket ROM, unrooted.
    thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!! ive always liked silly putty.

Supporting Member

thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!! ive always liked silly putty.

Thats the one everyone is being advised not to use because it does conflict. It causes storage issues as well.

Sillyputty knows more about this rom first hand. Hes testing the new recovery.

Phone
    Optimus C

The Xionia Recovery was first used because it was the only recovery that worked when it was discovered that we could root our Optimus C's. The new All In One recovery that is being tested is being developed to work with less issues for our C's. I agree that people should hold off flashing roms until it is released. The Xionia recovery works but remember, it was not developed for our phones and issues do exist.

The port of CM7 by Thomas (Rebel) does work and I have not had any fc issues but just a few glitches. Nothing that can't be lived with or fixed. Everyone needs to keep in mind that the Optimus C community is still new and growing and learning.

Quote Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
    The Xionia Recovery was first used because it was the only recovery that worked when it was discovered that we could root our Optimus C's. The new All In One recovery that is being tested is being developed to work with less issues for our C's. I agree that people should hold off flashing roms until it is released. The Xionia recovery works but remember, it was not developed for our phones and issues do exist.

The port of CM7 by Thomas (Rebel) does work and I have not had any fc issues but just a few glitches. Nothing that can't be lived with or fixed. Everyone needs to keep in mind that the Optimus C community is still new and growing and learning.

only real reason i went back to stock was i couldnt get market. any one get market to work. if so how, it would just open then close like a flash. im thinking i must of did something wrong. o well ill just wait for the all in one recovery.

Supporting Member

only real reason i went back to stock was i couldnt get market. any one get market to work. if so how, it would just open then close like a flash. im thinking i must of did something wrong. o well ill just wait for the all in one recovery.

Well I use market everyday to try new. Apps.so it sounds like its you. You should just wait in the aio one though. I'm not releasing the new rom until its out.

Wink

lw690.jpg

I've got the original dll and firmware for this phone..

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by foil View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lw690.JPG 
Views:	172 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	307

I've got the original dll and firmware for this phone..
    I'm pretty sure we all have that tool and firmware by now. The stock rom was dumped a long time ago.

I'm not talking about using a cab file with the kp500 util to load it. I'm talking about the legit bin file and dll that are used with lgnpst.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    Well I use market everyday to try new. Apps.so it sounds like its you. You should just wait in the aio one though. I'm not releasing the new rom until its out.
    thanks hope to have it soon.

i tried that restore lg but it gets stuck at 35 percent (checking phone model) i am running cm7 and its shit i want stock rom back. can someone help plzz.

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    LGLW690

Quote Originally Posted by sogone209 View Post
    i tried that restore lg but it gets stuck at 35 percent (checking phone model) i am running cm7 and its shit i want stock rom back. can someone help plzz.
    I was also running the CM7 ROM and I was successfully able to bring my phone back to stock using the LG Restore tool that is posted in #15. Be sure to follow the directions exactly.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information