Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Stock ROM

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by sogone209 View Post
    its probably because i delete that crap that comes with the phone that we dont need... spar parts, dev tools etc. im deleting it through root explorer /system/app it might be my service tho too. bills paid.... should i do swap space partition it before i install cm7 again?
    Why don't you leave the cyanogen apps alone? that kinda screws things up a bit.
    And to your other question you do it in the recovery menu.

2. Remove this advertisement.

but the cricket stock recovery doesnt let you partiion or anything it just recovers.

Umm... well you're not going to be flashing CM7 with the stock recovery (which you should already know). If you're not going to read instructions and FAQs on what you're doing then you shouldn't be doing it. What you should do if you want to put a ROM on your phone is.. flash the custom recovery, boot into recovery and make a backup of your phone, backup your card, format your card, wipe cache ect. ect., then follow instructions on flashing CM7.
    Last edited by JadedRedDragon; 06-30-2011 at 01:36 AM.

jaded you are confused. i dont want cm7 i already had it. im talking about i did swap space on my sdcard when i had cm7 and i flashed back to stock everything but the card still has swap space on it that i cant get off even by computer formating. READ FIRST BUDDY.

Lol, I know a lot more about these phones than you do. Have fun getting help by acting like that. I’m surprised Thomas is still replying to you.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by JadedRedDragon View Post
    Lol, I know a lot more about these phones than you do. Have fun getting help by acting like that. Iím surprised Thomas is still replying to you.
    i'm not at this point because he keeps changing what he needs.Google it and then come back sogone

omg. you guys act like little girls. if you read it says i flashed cm7 fine. but didnt like it went back to stock but still have cm7 swap space... thats all? you didnt read and good for you... i didnt say you didnt know more than me. i wouldnt be on here if i did. god damn. im sorry old men. that us younger people dont spend everyday modding phones and such. you sitting there acting like that doesnt help anyone and i wasnt being mean. just asking simple questions. sorry if im not an expert on a phone that ive had for a month. i have a life.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by sogone209 View Post
    omg. you guys act like little girls. if you read it says i flashed cm7 fine. but didnt like it went back to stock but still have cm7 swap space... thats all? you didnt read and good for you... i didnt say you didnt know more than me. i wouldnt be on here if i did. god damn. im sorry old men. that us younger people dont spend everyday modding phones and such. you sitting there acting like that doesnt help anyone and i wasnt being mean. just asking simple questions. sorry if im not an expert on a phone that ive had for a month. i have a life.
    I'm not an "old man", i'm sure i'm not much older than you. but yes let's insult the people with the ability to help us.That will get you so far in life. I don't play the pity game so please be courteous and professional. And guess what? I have one too and work full time, you should be gracious anyone is willing to help you with your attitude.

dude i was being perfectly fine.. hes the one that came at me. i said nothing bad to him. except read first, like everyone else tells me too. ISNT THAT RIGHT? god damn. i know you guys think your the shit cause you have al lthe answers. but giving is better than recieving and if you needed help id be more helpful with my info than you.

Supporting Member

I just handled this the way it should be. Have a great day

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Bickering ends in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, now.

No offense to anyone or their family/friends/etc. I've seen a lot of messed up things in my days and sometimes you just need to chill out. Now go be productive.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Bickering ends in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, now.

No offense to anyone or their family/friends/etc. I've seen a lot of messed up things in my days and sometimes you just need to chill out. Now go be productive.
    Well no offense but I had already ended it by saying have a nice day. No response past there.Just no reason to feed into it.

Overall activity: 49.0%
    Customer Since
    June 2008
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Phone
    aio HTC One

damn there was alot of ish goin on, but on a more courtyeous note, is that guide available or the all-in-one recovery tool, cause i wanna give a go at the cynagonen or however its spelled.....ty.....shaun

Phone
    LG Optimus S

I have just confirmed this works! Flawless for me! thanks

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
    8/18/2011 - corrected instructions on how to restore your Cricket C back to stock 2.2.2. I have confirmed this works. I have performed these exact steps on my own C.

Credit for some of the instructions for resetting the Optimus C back to factory go out to mmarz (
    Emergency Recovery Techniques (That Don't Currently Work!) - Android Forums

) and 00_wrath_00. I have just edited their instructions and added some of my own experience with resetting my own Optimus C back to factory.

I HAVE TESTED THIS ON MY OWN CRICKET OPTIMUS C and restore back to factory including recovery and no root.

1. Download the package I have put together to restore phone to factory
    KP500-Utils-EN.rar

2. Extract it into your C:\ directory such that KP500-Utils-EN.exe is located: C:\KP500-Utils-EN\KP500-Utils-EN.exe along with cab file.
    2. Firmware and KP500-Utils-EN.exe should be located within the same directory
    3. Make sure you have the most recent version of LG Mobile Support Tool Mobile Phone Support. Uninstall older version and re-install the latest if you do not already have.
    Mobile Support

4. Turn off your phone and take out the microsd card. * You can leave it in, but I don't recommend just in case.
    5. Turn phone back on
    6. Make sure you have over 60% charge and connect your phone with the USB
    7. Make sure you have your phone in USB debugging mode by going to Settings/Applications/Development and tapping on USB debugging
    8. Run KP500-Utils-EN.exe
    9. Press the letter J on your keyboard and press enter
    10. Type "LG-LW690" for Phone Model and press enter
    11. Type "LW690ZV6_02.cab" and press enter
    12. Type "LW690ZV6_02" for the Version and press enter
    13. The updater in my package will open up and probably complain that the phone is not connected. Just click restart and the program will continue.
    14. Allow the program to do it's thing. Your phone eventually should reboot with a screen that says it's upgrading.
    15. Wait until the downgrade is complete and the phone reboots. Do not unplug your phone until the program asks you to exit.
    16. For me, it went back to my home screen and did not loop on the animation screen. But if it does loop on the android animation don't panic. Pull the battery out.
    17. Perform a factory reset by going into settings menu/privacy and click on factory data reset.
    18. Perform factory reset.
    19. Then wait. Phone will start up and animation will take a while till it gets to the Welcome screen. This brought me back to a factory Cricket ROM, unrooted.
    I have tried this like 4 times now.. Everything goes as planed untell gets to 35% Gets stuck on checking model.. I have let it go for over an hour.. Any idea's on why? I'm sure it's something I did or didn't do Thanks

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information