Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Phone
    Optimus C

HELP ME! My Optimus C is stuck on Fastboot mode Started udc_start()

I rooted my phone with no problem once i found the best way (gingerbreak) and all was well until I tried changing the ROM and that seemed to have been going well until it rebooted and my phone is now stuck on a black screen with "Fastboot mode started udc_start() and is not not recognized by my computer, it is seen as just new hardware labeled as "android" and when the USB is connected the phone then reads:

Fastboot mode started
    udc_start()
    -- suspend --
    -- reset --
    -- portchange --
    -- reset --
    -- portchange --

what do i do, taking the battery out doesn't work nor does taking the Memory card. Right now the phone is useless and I've just had it over a month now.

Someone please tell me how I can get this phone back to working normally!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup View Post
    I rooted my phone with no problem once i found the best way (gingerbreak) and all was well until I tried changing the ROM and that seemed to have been going well until it rebooted and my phone is now stuck on a black screen with "Fastboot mode started udc_start() and is not not recognized by my computer, it is seen as just new hardware labeled as "android" and when the USB is connected the phone then reads:

Fastboot mode started
    udc_start()
    -- suspend --
    -- reset --
    -- portchange --
    -- reset --
    -- portchange --

what do i do, taking the battery out doesn't work nor does taking the Memory card. Right now the phone is useless and I've just had it over a month now.

Someone please tell me how I can get this phone back to working normally!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well explain exactly what you did.
    Did you flash my custom recovery?
    what rom were you trying to flash? I've only released one
    Did you do research before attempting this and make sure you had everything in order?
    be honest

Phone
    Optimus C

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    Well explain exactly what you did.
    Did you flash my custom recovery?
    what rom were you trying to flash? I've only released one
    Did you do research before attempting this and make sure you had everything in order?
    be honest

I talked to someone at work that rooted their Ascend and I did discover that I missed one thing which was I didn't hit backup my original ROM/or while in ROM manager I didn't also hit "Reboot into Recover". I was trying to flash Gingerbread 2.3

I flashed ClockworkMod Recovery

I also have Busybox Installer, Z4root, superuser, live logcat lite and root check

Where is your link for the ROM you relased?

Phone
    Optimus C

I talked to someone at work that rooted their Ascend and I did discover that I missed one thing which was I didn't hit backup my original ROM/or while in ROM manager I didn't also hit "Reboot into Recover". I was trying to flash Gingerbread 2.3

I flashed ClockworkMod Recovery

I also have Busybox Installer, Z4root, superuser, live logcat lite and root check

Where is your link for the ROM you relased?
    I also did a recovery with Pwr/home/-vol and it did get me to just seeing LG on the screen all night, and then I got it where it would only show LG when I hit a button, since I did get it to stop showing "fastboot mod" I took the phone to cricket and once I got into the store it was dead, the rep plugged it in to charge and I wouldn't turn on so he put a new battery in and low and behold the damn thing came back on like nothing happened and everything is there, but the ROM has not changed but it is still rooted

Supporting Member

I also did a recovery with Pwr/home/-vol and it did get me to just seeing LG on the screen all night, and then I got it where it would only show LG when I hit a button, since I did get it to stop showing "fastboot mod" I took the phone to cricket and once I got into the store it was dead, the rep plugged it in to charge and I wouldn't turn on so he put a new battery in and low and behold the damn thing came back on like nothing happened and everything is there, but the ROM has not changed but it is still rooted

Apparently you cannot read. This phone is VERY different than the acsend. Whoever told it was the same was a ****ing moron.Your lucky it booted up, the clockwork recovery is NOT compatible with this phone. go to android forums optimus C section and they will properly instruct you there. This just kinda pisses me off. You didn't even bother to try and learn, you just took someone elses word like everything was backwards compatible.Dude you could at LEAST googled it for crying out loud. I even posted instructions on this forum. ughhh
    I was considering quitting developing exactly for this reason, people who cannot follow or even LOOK FOR instructions for their device and then seek help afterwards.

Phone Whore(;
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 5

@Buttercup and the rest of the forum...

The above user has been banned for a period of 7 days as a warning. This is a flame free zone.

EDIT: Upon receiving complaints from other users and reviewing them, the ban has become permanent.
    Last edited by knewsom32; 06-15-2011 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Ban Change

You need to get the phone into Emergency Mode, and then I'll be able to help you.
    I'm not sure off the top of my head on the Cricket version of the Optimus, but try this:
    Pull battery out, replace battery, hold Vol Down & Camera button + Plug in USB
    or: Pull battery, replace battery, hold Vol Down & Camera & Search + Plug in USB.

If either of those put you into "Emergency Mode" or "Download Mode" or anything like that, then I can help.

Phone
    Optimus C

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    Apparently you cannot read. This phone is VERY different than the acsend. Whoever told it was the same was a ****ing moron.Your lucky it booted up, the clockwork recovery is NOT compatible with this phone. go to android forums optimus C section and they will properly instruct you there. This just kinda pisses me off. You didn't even bother to try and learn, you just took someone elses word like everything was backwards compatible.Dude you could at LEAST googled it for crying out loud. I even posted instructions on this forum. ughhh
    I was considering quitting developing exactly for this reason, people who cannot follow or even LOOK FOR instructions for their device and then seek help afterwards.
    WOW. APPARENTLY SOMEBODY TOLD YOU WRONG. Because I ask for assistance doesn't give you the reign of God himself a reasons to me respond to me like you must talk to your women/wife or kids. Handle yourself AS IF you DON'T need the medications you obviously forgot to take before you say down and started typing. Calm down you don't get paid for this so don't have it sending you to a therapist

Phone
    Optimus C

Quote Originally Posted by foil View Post
    You need to get the phone into Emergency Mode, and then I'll be able to help you.
    I'm not sure off the top of my head on the Cricket version of the Optimus, but try this:
    Pull battery out, replace battery, hold Vol Down & Camera button + Plug in USB
    or: Pull battery, replace battery, hold Vol Down & Camera & Search + Plug in USB.

If either of those put you into "Emergency Mode" or "Download Mode" or anything like that, then I can help.
    Thank you, Cricket replaced it today, but thank you for your KIND worded help

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

WOW. APPARENTLY SOMEBODY TOLD YOU WRONG. Because I ask for assistance doesn't give you the reign of God himself a reasons to me respond to me like you must talk to your women/wife or kids. Handle yourself AS IF you DON'T need the medications you obviously forgot to take before you say down and started typing. Calm down you don't get paid for this so don't have it sending you to a therapist
    It's alright. He's gone with the wind cause he can't play nice with the other kids.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    Optimus C

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    It's alright. He's gone with the wind cause he can't play nice with the other kids.
    something really wrong with that fool. He was banned huh?

Phone Whore(;
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 5

something really wrong with that fool. He was banned huh?
    Yes he was. We gave him a 7 day ban at first but when we kept getting multiple complaints we permanently banned him. Like we said before the forum is a flame free place. (:

Phone
    Optimus C

Quote Originally Posted by knewsom32 View Post
    Yes he was. We gave him a 7 day ban at first but when we kept getting multiple complaints we permanently banned him. Like we said before the forum is a flame free place. (:
    That's good to know. Do you like the Samsung Indulge and have you done anything to it yet, it's actually a Galaxy right?

Phone Whore(;
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 5

That's good to know. Do you like the Samsung Indulge and have you done anything to it yet, it's actually a Galaxy right?
    Yeah I like it. I mean, it's better than some of the phones I've had. Chris and I just actually posted a review in the forum talking about the Indulge. And yes it does fall in the line of Galaxy phones.

You guys do know that he's the only developer for this phone right? He posted on his site steering traffic away from yours so people will not use it. I can understand where he's coming from. We're a team, we have been from the beginning. He's had people making mistakes left and right trying to blame him.And knewsom32 it said he had a 7 day ban and then you made it permanent? no offense but that's a bit harsh for something he has a right to get kinda pissed over. They want to use his code and when they screw up they want help, do you see the issue?
    he's already stated that if it's kept up he will be pulling all roms for this phone and made sure to let everyone know it was this site.To be honest you guys would be screwed otherwise so play nice and apologize? i'm sure you wouldn't want someone screwing up something you've worked hard on.
    Tom's a good guy if you check the other forums, this guy must have really gotten to him for some reason.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information