Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by rebel101150 View Post
    You guys do know that he's the only developer for this phone right? He posted on his site steering traffic away from yours so people will not use it. I can understand where he's coming from. We're a team, we have been from the beginning. He's had people making mistakes left and right trying to blame him.And knewsom32 it said he had a 7 day ban and then you made it permanent? no offense but that's a bit harsh for something he has a right to get kinda pissed over. They want to use his code and when they screw up they want help, do you see the issue?
    he's already stated that if it's kept up he will be pulling all roms for this phone and made sure to let everyone know it was this site.To be honest you guys would be screwed otherwise so play nice and apologize? i'm sure you wouldn't want someone screwing up something you've worked hard on.
    Tom's a good guy if you check the other forums, this guy must have really gotten to him for some reason.
    Good morning,

Moderators here at My Cricket Forum use their own discretion when it comes to issuing a ban. We appreciate your opinion and will discuss what took place. We try to be as fair as possible and try to do what is best for the whole community.

If you have any comments about the moderation here at My Cricket Forum please contact us privately.

Thank you.

-Avenue

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Phone
    Moto Droid 3

That guy came at me sideways like that too! dont sweat it were not all like that Some people take things too seriously!!!

Overall activity: 28.0%
    Phone
    Moto Droid 3

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Good morning,

Moderators here at My Cricket Forum use their own discretion when it comes to issuing a ban. We appreciate your opinion and will discuss what took place. We try to be as fair as possible and try to do what is best for the whole community.

If you have any comments about the moderation here at My Cricket Forum please contact us privately.

Thank you.

-Avenue
    Him as a good guy is debatable you saw how he came at me and i dont even know him nor did i ask for his help, i was just introducing myself to the forum, he almost made me just cancel my account and not do anything at all here, he will make u loose more good members then help in the end.

Phone Whore(;
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 5

Quote Originally Posted by rebel101150 View Post
    You guys do know that he's the only developer for this phone right? He posted on his site steering traffic away from yours so people will not use it. I can understand where he's coming from. We're a team, we have been from the beginning. He's had people making mistakes left and right trying to blame him.And knewsom32 it said he had a 7 day ban and then you made it permanent? no offense but that's a bit harsh for something he has a right to get kinda pissed over. They want to use his code and when they screw up they want help, do you see the issue?
    he's already stated that if it's kept up he will be pulling all roms for this phone and made sure to let everyone know it was this site.To be honest you guys would be screwed otherwise so play nice and apologize? i'm sure you wouldn't want someone screwing up something you've worked hard on.
    Tom's a good guy if you check the other forums, this guy must have really gotten to him for some reason.
    There were complaints from multiple people and he threatened DOS attacks on the forum. Another moderator forwarded us the PMs from a couple of weeks ago. Other than that, many of his posts are links to his blog requesting that people click on his banners.

There are many people on this forum who aren't developers, however they contribute more than he has here. Yesterday, there was a discussion and the ban was reverted back to 7 days. A moderator who he actually got in an argument actually stood up for him, which was surprising if you review the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by knewsom32 View Post
    There were complaints from multiple people and he threatened DOS attacks on the forum. Another moderator forwarded us the PMs from a couple of weeks ago. Other than that, many of his posts are links to his blog requesting that people click on his banners.

There are many people on this forum who aren't developers, however they contribute more than he has here. Yesterday, there was a discussion and the ban was reverted back to 7 days. A moderator who he actually got in an argument actually stood up for him, which was surprising if you review the argument.
    Well that was nice of them. He's just under a lot of stress. I'm sure when he comes back he will apologize however knewsom32 your kinda wrong there, he hasn't contributed here much because he doesnt come here much.he built a kernel from scratch for this phone, i gotta give him credit. And he needed people to click for it to reach 10 dollars so he could actually use the account as intended. We just talked about it lol. If you see him on android forums, hes always helping people and putting his work out there. And it wasn't him that threatened a ddos specifically but people did want to on this site when you guys pissed him off. However he still has the stuff up on his site and is still debating pulling code. In his words:
    This is just stressful, it's like I wake up and my inbox is stuffed full of people asking for help. Then I help for a few hours, go to work and work an 8-10 hour shift breaking my back and then come back and try to finish this rom so I can help the scene. It's like when I wrote for the psp scene, it's not about money or power or fame or any of that bull, it's about the scene. That's why I still have 2 unreleased roms, people just aren't ready when they can't figure out how to install a recovery menu yet on this device. So when I hear someone doesn't even read the FAQ's or google thing's or just let alone try to learn and they damage their device, I don't believe they deserve help at that point. I posted about this a while back with an FAQ and people like that just ignore it and send to my inbox or make a post anyways. I had a kid earlier who somehow got my cell phone number and called and texted me over this.Sometimes you have to realize where the line should be drawn.

I know tom has an irish temper (hes a redhead -.-) but I have to agree. There are too many fakes and not enough support in the scene, do your part and read the post guys.

Phone Whore(;
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 5

We've been tirelessly posting things here and monitoring the forums so this can get up and running.

DOS threats are not respected, even if they suggest for others to start them. You think we get paid a lot to sit around and post? I'll answer that one for you... No. We get calls in the middle of the night. Who calls at 1am thinking that someone is going to answer? Can you not wait till normal business hours? We don't even work directly for Cricket.

We're just hoping to provide some help to those who need cellular service at a low cost. The ban will be lifted in 24 hrs, and we'll give him another shot. We just want a forum where the average user can come to and get some help or chat with amongst friends.

If you've noticed, chrisngrod's signature states not to send PMs unless he hasn't replied directly to an issue. We understand the nature of people in these forums. Sometimes you have to be as calm as a Hindu cow. No offense to all those Cricket customer service people in India btw.

Quote Originally Posted by knewsom32 View Post
    We've been tirelessly posting things here and monitoring the forums so this can get up and running.

DOS threats are not respected, even if they suggest for others to start them. You think we get paid a lot to sit around and post? I'll answer that one for you... No. We get calls in the middle of the night. Who calls at 1am thinking that someone is going to answer? Can you not wait till normal business hours? We don't even work directly for Cricket.

We're just hoping to provide some help to those who need cellular service at a low cost. The ban will be lifted in 24 hrs, and we'll give him another shot. We just want a forum where the average user can come to and get some help or chat with amongst friends.

If you've noticed, chrisngrod's signature states not to send PMs unless he hasn't replied directly to an issue. We understand the nature of people in these forums. Sometimes you have to be as calm as a Hindu cow. No offense to all those Cricket customer service people in India btw.
    That's pretty rediculous that they do that to you guys at all.It shows a complete lack of respect. I feel like there should be a level of power like on XDA. Something like Mods, devs, senior users, and junior. If someone has proven themselves they should achieve dev status and it should come with some kind of privelage of removing just moronic post or moving them to the right section at least. Ya know?

See at least you guys can relate on that level. He showed me his inbox and honestly this kid texted him 41 times while he was asleep. I think being calm and understanding is great but when people choose not to listen don't you guys think they deserve a swift kick in the butt?
    I just feel like devs deserve a ban or demarick button of some sort...I get how overwhelming this can be now. Why they made him want to quit. People BEGGED him to stay though so I think it's all guilt now. You all have it rough.

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Hi guys, I'm new to this board, first time posting. I own a LG Optimus C.rooted using Gingerbreak and when I downloaded ROM Manager to make a backup, afterwards I then ran the ROM Manager software and my phone reboot on me and is now stuck on the LG logo. I have researched this problem for a week and nothing seems to work. Had I have known ROM Manager causes this problem, I would have not used it. But too late.

I have android-sdk-linux_x86 installed in Ubuntu Linux 11.04 and running perfect. ADB terminal is installed and working. My rooted phone was using a stock Froyo 2.2.1 but updated to 2.2.2 -- I tried the "HOME"+"VOLUME DOWN"+"POWER" and nothing happens. I also tried "RETURN"+VOLUME UP"+"POWER" while plugging in the USB cable at the same time. I was then able to get my phone in S/W Upgrade mode, but the phone is not seen by Linux or Windows. In ADB terminal I typed in "adb devices" and when it gets to the devices listed, nothing is there.

A friend came over and lend me his LG Optimus C. and right away, Ubuntu Linux sees the phone and listed device info. But when I plug my phone next, nothing! At this point I'm at a lost on what to do. Is there another way to flash a recovery without using the USB, like maybe putting files on a microSD card and rebooting the phone??

Thanks.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hexley View Post
    Hi guys, I'm new to this board, first time posting. I own a LG Optimus C.rooted using Gingerbreak and when I downloaded ROM Manager to make a backup, afterwards I then ran the ROM Manager software and my phone reboot on me and is now stuck on the LG logo. I have researched this problem for a week and nothing seems to work. Had I have known ROM Manager causes this problem, I would have not used it. But too late.

I have android-sdk-linux_x86 installed in Ubuntu Linux 11.04 and running perfect. ADB terminal is installed and working. My rooted phone was using a stock Froyo 2.2.1 but updated to 2.2.2 -- I tried the "HOME"+"VOLUME DOWN"+"POWER" and nothing happens. I also tried "RETURN"+VOLUME UP"+"POWER" while plugging in the USB cable at the same time. I was then able to get my phone in S/W Upgrade mode, but the phone is not seen by Linux or Windows. In ADB terminal I typed in "adb devices" and when it gets to the devices listed, nothing is there.

A friend came over and lend me his LG Optimus C. and right away, Ubuntu Linux sees the phone and listed device info. But when I plug my phone next, nothing! At this point I'm at a lost on what to do. Is there another way to flash a recovery without using the USB, like maybe putting files on a microSD card and rebooting the phone??

Thanks.
    I posted an FAQ in the other forums, where you originally contacted me. In the forums dating back to the beginning of june I stated do not use rom manager.

This has happened to users before and this is the only solution found so far:

[LINUX][HOW-TO]ADB not working? Check this out! - xda-developers

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    I posted an FAQ in the other forums, where you originally contacted me. In the forums dating back to the beginning of june I stated do not use rom manager.

This has happened to users before and this is the only solution found so far:

[LINUX][HOW-TO]ADB not working? Check this out! - xda-developers

Yes, I remember you posting that to me and I did follow that FAQ to the letter. I was able to get ADB working in my Linux command box, and I have a working LGNPST working as well. But! the main problem is this. I am unable to mount this phone as a device, nor is it being seen by LGNPST or ADB. I have read and re-read your FAQ and USB is not responding! So this only means one of two things, ROM manager burned out the data controller chip in my LG phone and it's dead, or the software, LGNPST and ADB is waiting for a device that is not there because USB on the phone is not responding anymore.

So, since these options are out of the question, is there another way to flash a recovery to this phone using the microSD card and a ZIP or BIN file saved to it. The only thing I can manage at this time is going to the S/W Update mode on the phone. Right now I'm at a lost and about to give up and toss this phone.

Supporting Member

Yes, I remember you posting that to me and I did follow that FAQ to the letter. I was able to get ADB working in my Linux command box, and I have a working LGNPST working as well. But! the main problem is this. I am unable to mount this phone as a device, nor is it being seen by LGNPST or ADB. I have read and re-read your FAQ and USB is not responding! So this only means one of two things, ROM manager burned out the data controller chip in my LG phone and it's dead, or the software, LGNPST and ADB is waiting for a device that is not there because USB on the phone is not responding anymore.

So, since these options are out of the question, is there another way to flash a recovery to this phone using the microSD card and a ZIP or BIN file saved to it. The only thing I can manage at this time is going to the S/W Update mode on the phone. Right now I'm at a lost and about to give up and toss this phone.
    I've only seen a couple of these come back from the dead.One of them was a friend of mines so let me try and see if I can get thorough instructions from lilg. He's been my tester until recently.

Phone
    LG Optimus C

I've only seen a couple of these come back from the dead.One of them was a friend of mines so let me try and see if I can get thorough instructions from lilg. He's been my tester until recently.
    Sounds good to me. In the mean time I will go back to the FAQ and double check everything just to make sure.

Supporting Member

Sounds good to me. In the mean time I will go back to the FAQ and double check everything just to make sure.
    good call. Your polite and follow directions. It's well noted

Phone
    LG Optimus C

good call. Your polite and follow directions. It's well noted
    Thank you for those kind words. By the way, I decided not to toss the phone. This is becoming a mystery now and I want to solve it. I want to be able to try out some good ROM's I read about in here and in other rooms.

Also, after the 4th of July, I'm going to buy a new LG phone over the web and not root or mess with it, and use this other phone that is not working at the moment, as a test bed for ROMs.
    Last edited by Hexley; 07-02-2011 at 08:43 PM.

Supporting Member

Thank you for those kind words. By the way, I decided not to toss the phone. This is becoming a mystery now and I want to solve it. I want to be able to try out some good ROM's I read about in here and in other rooms.

Also, after the 4th of July, I'm going to buy a new LG phone over the web and not root or mess with it, and use this other phone that is not working at the moment, as a test bed for ROMs.
    Well i'm actually the only one making roms for this phone so pm me what your talking about?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information