Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Phone
    LG Optimus C

Good news everyone, I finally got my LG Optimus C. flashed and working again. OMG what a nightmare. But first I got to thank Thomas Romspert for taking the time to try and help me. He gave me some really good ideas of places to visit to find the answers. When I was about to give up, I decided to just go back and re-read all the posts on this site and on others to maybe see if I over looked something.

First off, before I found the answer, I called LG support and was told that they, meaning LG, only repairs phones, they do not flash the phones. The person I spoke with said they only send the LG phones out blank with no operating system. He told me it's really the cell phone provider that flashes an operating system in the phone. So, since LG can't help me, and Cricket wont help, because it was rooted.... I decided to look even deeper into this. LG did give me some good advice when they said based on what I was describing to them , that the phone was not broken, and all it needed was a stock ROM with boot loader built in.

It took me hours of looking over every post on this site and I found a post that SillyPuddy posted on how to use the KP500-Utils-EN.exe --

http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...stock-rom.html

It's the 15th post towards the bottom.

I downloaded it and followed the instructions to the letter and at first, my phone only showed up as a CDMA USB Modem under USB devices. And since I had no way to goto USB debugging, I had to keep forcing the USB setting and hitting restart using this tool for flashing. Trial and error, about 5 times, I was able to get this stupid phone to flash all the way to 99%

Then the phone reboot with the KP500 software complaining it was not finished and lost connection with my phone. So I restarted again and this time the KP500 software quickly scanned and finished at 100% and the phone reboot again. I just about fell out of my chair when I saw that cute little Android bot standing next to a box, I wanted to burst out crying tears of happiness. hehehe

Then the Android logo animates and in about 5 to 8 minutes, YESSSSS!!!!!! I was back in business. Everything the way I left it, wall paper, APPS and all, but the phone was no longer rooted...hahaha--easy fix..... I tested everything out and it works, but for the phone, thats because I discontinued service on it. Deep down inside I want to think this is all to good to be true and it will stop working by tonight, hehehe but I hope not. I will lose it and scream.

Now, then I click on the menu button, or the button to the far left of the phone, I then click on SETTINGS and then ABOUT PHONE. WOW, I see I reverted back to Froyo 2.2.1 again. Before I bricked this phone, I had 2.2.2 -- It is confirmed on my phone, ROOT is no longer working.

EDIT:

In order to use the KP500 tools, make sure battery has a good charge and then hold down the VOL UP + RETURN KEY and while holding those two buttons down, press the POWER BUTTON and plug in the USB cable at the same time. If done correctly, your phone will go into a S/W Upgrade mode. You should see in Windows your phone showing up as a CDMA USB Modem. If not, make sure you got the right USB drivers installed.

I know it's total hell having to research for the answers, but don't give up. I hope it pays off in the end for you like it did for me.
    Last edited by Hexley; 07-06-2011 at 06:56 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by Hexley View Post
    Good news everyone, I finally got my LG Optimus C. flashed and working again. OMG what a nightmare. But first I got to thank Thomas Romspert for taking the time to try and help me. He gave me some really good ideas of places to visit to find the answers. When I was about to give up, I decided to just go back and re-read all the posts on this site and on others to maybe see if I over looked something.

First off, before I found the answer, I called LG support and was told that they, meaning LG, only repairs phones, they do not flash the phones. The person I spoke with said they only send the LG phones out blank with no operating system. He told me it's really the cell phone provider that flashes an operating system in the phone. So, since LG can't help me, and Cricket wont help, because it was rooted.... I decided to look even deeper into this. LG did give me some good advice when they said based on what I was describing to them , that the phone was not broken, and all it needed was a stock ROM with boot loader built in.

It took me hours of looking over every post on this site and I found a post that SillyPuddy posted on how to use the KP500-Utils-EN.exe --

I downloaded it and followed the instructions to the letter and at first, my phone only showed up as a CDMA USB Modem under USB devices. And since I had no way to goto USB debugging, I had to keep forcing the USB setting and hitting restart using this tool for flashing. Trial and error, about 5 times, I was able to get this stupid phone to flash all the way to 99%

Then the phone reboot with the KP500 software complaining it was not finished and lost connection with my phone. So I restarted again and this time the KP500 software quickly scanned and finished at 100% and the phone reboot again. I just about fell out of my chair when I saw that cute little Android bot standing next to a box, I wanted to burst out crying tears of happiness. hehehe

Then the Android logo animates and in about 5 to 8 minutes, YESSSSS!!!!!! I was back in business. Everything the way I left it, wall paper, APPS and all, but the phone was no longer rooted...hahaha--easy fix..... I tested everything out and it works, but for the phone, thats because I discontinued service on it. Deep down inside I want to think this is all to good to be true and it will stop working by tonight, hehehe but I hope not. I will lose it and scream.

Now, then I click on the menu button, or the button to the far left of the phone, I then click on SETTINGS and then ABOUT PHONE. WOW, I see I reverted back to Froyo 2.2.1 again. Before I bricked this phone, I had 2.2.2 -- It is confirmed on my phone, ROOT is no longer working.

EDIT:

In order to use the KP500 tools, make sure battery has a good charge and then hold down the VOL UP + RETURN KEY and while holding those two buttons down, press the POWER BUTTON and plug in the USB cable at the same time. If done correctly, your phone will go into a S/W Upgrade mode. You should see in Windows your phone showing up as a CDMA USB Modem. If not, make sure you got the right USB drivers installed.

I know it's total hell having to research for the answers, but don't give up. I hope it pays off in the end for you like it did for me.
    thank you for this. I had this same problem. I tried your method but it'd always freeze at 4% eventually cricket replaced it for me. Just don't tell them it's rooted and they replace it for you

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Quote Originally Posted by Marcusdgd View Post
    thank you for this. I had this same problem. I tried your method but it'd always freeze at 4% eventually cricket replaced it for me. Just don't tell them it's rooted and they replace it for you
    Hahaha. No problem, I wont tell. KP500 did the same thing to me, stopped at 4%. Once it got passed 4% things got a little more easy from there. I tried to return my phone last week to Cricket and I was given a load a crap how they can not fix it, because they would have to send it back to LG to be serviced. Yeah, funny......Because LG support told me they would send it back because they do not flash phones. Makes me wonder about Cricket sometimes.

I'm glad you got a new phone and what ever you decide to do with it, keep away from ROM Manager like the plague. That program is bad news.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexley View Post

EDIT:

DUDE! Thank you SOOOOO much for this post! I bricked mine with RomManager ( Never use that agaian ) And it was stuck on the Android boot logo, took me about 3 day's to find any thing useful then my step son showed me this, and it worked like a charm! I didnt realize the first time I tryed this that I had the cab file in a sub dir ( didnt want to detect the phone with out it in the parent dir ), but once I moved it into the parent app dir followed directions and booted fine! I was so stoked!

As well I'm thinking doing it this way improved the speed of the phone as well, so either cricket is installing their rom's wrong or this has some major bug fixes in it!

Again thanx!!

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Quote Originally Posted by skeez View Post
    DUDE! Thank you SOOOOO much for this post! I bricked mine with RomManager ( Never use that agaian ) And it was stuck on the Android boot logo, took me about 3 day's to find any thing useful then my step son showed me this, and it worked like a charm! I didnt realize the first time I tryed this that I had the cab file in a sub dir ( didnt want to detect the phone with out it in the parent dir ), but once I moved it into the parent app dir followed directions and booted fine! I was so stoked!

As well I'm thinking doing it this way improved the speed of the phone as well, so either cricket is installing their rom's wrong or this has some major bug fixes in it!

Again thanx!!

Glad it worked out for you. By the way, I'm happy to report my LG Optimus C is still working after I did that recovery. I used the LG updater to flash to Froyo 2.2.2 and started having problems and random reboots, so I used the KP500 Utility program to revert back to Froyo 2.2.1 -- Now the phone works better again. I now use GO Launcher EX with some nice themes. Much better looking now.
    Last edited by Hexley; 07-15-2011 at 12:32 PM.

Ya i went with ADW EX more options and feature rich themes, and it's not as much as a battery hog. It's worth the 3.99 i think i payed for it. Swipe launcher is good as well from what I've heard!

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Quote Originally Posted by skeez View Post
    Ya i went with ADW EX more options and feature rich themes, and it's not as much as a battery hog. It's worth the 3.99 i think i payed for it. Swipe launcher is good as well from what I've heard!
    I will give ADW a try. Didn't know GO Launcher used a lot of battery.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information