Sign Up Now FAQ
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

 
Welcome to Cricket Users!



Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Junior Member sillyputty's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 19
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    29
    Phone
    Optimus C



    LG Optimus C recovery

    I have submitted a package to
    Getitnowmarketing


    over at Android Forums a request to have the Optimus C included in his "all in one recovery". As soon as something stable is released, i will report back here on this forum.
    rebel101150


    is also working with Getitnowmarketing to help us get the recovery working on our OC's.

    You can check out the "all in one recovery" at this site but remember, it does not work on our C's.....yet.
    All In One Recovery Thread - Android Forums









  2. Remove this advertisement.
  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
    I have submitted a package to
    Getitnowmarketing


    over at Android Forums a request to have the Optimus C included in his "all in one recovery". As soon as something stable is released, i will report back here on this forum.
    rebel101150


    is also working with Getitnowmarketing to help us get the recovery working on our OC's.

    You can check out the "all in one recovery" at this site but remember, it does not work on our C's.....yet.
    All In One Recovery Thread - Android Forums


    Great, thanks!

    -Avenue






  4. #3
    Supporting Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 22
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    288



    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Great, thanks!

    -Avenue
    We finished it.This is rebel.
    It will be out in the next few days, just a bit more testing.
    We need someone to start on a rom if you could. Thank you.
    The faster we work together to port/ make something the better and stronger we are as a community.

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    We finished it.This is rebel.
    It will be out in the next few days, just a bit more testing.
    We need someone to start on a rom if you could. Thank you.
    The faster we work together to port/ make something the better and stronger we are as a community.
    I can't work on a ROM. I haven't really gotten into that yet. Hopefully somebody else can help you out though.

  6. #5
    Supporting Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 22
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    288



    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    I can't work on a ROM. I haven't really gotten into that yet. Hopefully somebody else can help you out though.
    I didn't mean you in specifics although you are a mod.
    Mind helping us find someone who can? with my current hectic life just getting the recovery on was a challenge to sit down and do.
    A post or something. I would really love to see the dev community take off for this phone

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    I didn't mean you in specifics although you are a mod.
    Mind helping us find someone who can? with my current hectic life just getting the recovery on was a challenge to sit down and do.
    A post or something. I would really love to see the dev community take off for this phone
    I'll do some research for you. Please give me a few minutes.

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    I didn't mean you in specifics although you are a mod.
    Mind helping us find someone who can? with my current hectic life just getting the recovery on was a challenge to sit down and do.
    A post or something. I would really love to see the dev community take off for this phone
    You can try this:
    [ROM] GB-CMod7-Beta - Android Forums




    It's for the LG Optimus M, which is MetroPCS' version, but I think the hardware is the same. It might work, it might not. You can try it at your own risk.


    [ROM] GB-CMod7-Beta - Android Forums




    I think was pulled from one of the Virgin Mobile phones because the first post says the banner still says "Virgin Mobile" on it, so if they can get it from a Virgin Mobile phone to a MetroPCS phone then I don't see why we can't get it from a Metro phone to a Cricket phone. Hopefully it will be easily from Metro to Cricket because the phone is almost the same, if not exactly the same.




  9. #8
    Supporting Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 22
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    288



    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    You can try this:
    [ROM] GB-CMod7-Beta - Android Forums




    It's for the LG Optimus M, which is MetroPCS' version, but I think the hardware is the same. It might work, it might not. You can try it at your own risk.


    [ROM] GB-CMod7-Beta - Android Forums




    I think was pulled from one of the Virgin Mobile phones because the first post says the banner still says "Virgin Mobile" on it, so if they can get it from a Virgin Mobile phone to a MetroPCS phone then I don't see why we can't get it from a Metro phone to a Cricket phone. Hopefully it will be easily from Metro to Cricket because the phone is almost the same, if not exactly the same.
    I'll see what I can do. My cricket model has metropcs stuff inside the system files so it made me curious as well. I'll try it when I have a lot of free time tomorrow. When we coded the new one it didn't get much for kernel changes, mostly still stock.




  10. #9
    Supporting Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 22
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    288



    It's done. I ported it.Minor changes were needed. I'll have a link up soon. Everything works so far that I have tested. ill post screen shots as soon as I can


    http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus-...ml#post2745947




    Download it there

    Last edited by Thomas Romspert; 05-28-2011 at 05:09 PM.

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    I'll see what I can do. My cricket model has metropcs stuff inside the system files so it made me curious as well. I'll try it when I have a lot of free time tomorrow. When we coded the new one it didn't get much for kernel changes, mostly still stock.
    Your Cricket phone had MetroPCS information in it even before you made any modifications to it? That's funny..

  12. #11
    Supporting Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 22
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    288



    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Your Cricket phone had MetroPCS information in it even before you made any modifications to it? That's funny..
    Yeah I thought so too. But its been there for a while. I'm guessing their on the same network.

  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    Yeah I thought so too. But its been there for a while. I'm guessing their on the same network.
    Well, Cricket and Metro aren't the same, if that's what you mean. They're very similar though.

  14. #13
    Junior Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2



    Can u PLEASE help me figure out which Recovery to use??? Ive looked everywhere and cant find it.. Thanks

  15. #14
    Junior Member
    Points: 527, Level: 10
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 11
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    18
    Phone
    Droid Incredible



    Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    Can u PLEASE help me figure out which Recovery to use??? Ive looked everywhere and cant find it.. Thanks
    You need to go to Thomas Romspert's blogspot page; the web address is:
    Optimus




    First thing I would recommend is to read all of his entries, so you have an understanding of what he has contributed thus far to the cause..

    Then specifically read the post dated "Saturday, June 11, 2011".. there are two links towards the end of that post that are for the TEST BUILD of his recovery..

    That being said, I would RECOMMEND you THOROUGHLY understand the steps before you give it a shot, as I would hate to see another post stating you now have a bricked phone.. Don't get me wrong, I am by no means a wizard and am not trying to insulate your technical skills.. Just be sure you understand each step before you try it.. when in doubt, feel free to ask here.. I'm sure one of us can point you in the right direction..

    J

    Last edited by glock075; 07-20-2011 at 02:49 PM. Reason: 'cause mama said I ain't the best speller.. and she was right!

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Droid X Bootstrap Recovery Download
    By AndroidDude in forum Verizon Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 08:45 AM
  2. LG Optimus 2X gets ClockworkMod recovery
    By CU-News in forum Android News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-26-2011, 09:07 AM
  3. Dell Streak recovery tool now available
    By CU-News in forum Android News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2010, 05:24 PM
  4. Clockwork recovery for myTouch 4G now in Rom Manager
    By CU-News in forum Android News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2010, 11:41 PM
  5. Clockwork recovery for G2 now in Rom Manager
    By CU-News in forum Android News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-09-2010, 11:34 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Advertise With Us?
Advertise with us? (Position 1 - Advertise with Us) Small Banner