Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Phone
    sanyo zio

Need help plz bricked my optimus c with rom manager?

I bought my optimus c used. I wanted to have a back up file installed rom manager and i chose the wrong selection im now thinking i clicked on recover ive also seen now from some post rom manager may not be good to use with the c is there any solution to fix my phone or is it now a paper weight it is just stuck on the black lg screen and the usb no longer reads on my comp.just looking for any suggestions hoping i may be able to save the phone
    Last edited by rugman102; 10-04-2011 at 07:22 AM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Hey rugman102, I joined the forums because of this, and I've been digging around for a solution to this. In short, if you bricked your Optimus C with Rom Manager, then it's highly likely that you can save the phone. Heres where I'm at ( thank you javierthh) I held down volume up + back arrow button + camera button and had a friend plug the USB cord in. Currently sitting at a white screen that says "S/W Upgrade, Do not Unplug".

What I plan to do: take the stock rom I have and flash it to my phone using this set of instructions on post #15.

The Issue: the file attached to post #15 no longer exists. a possible solution is finding the flashing tool myself and following the instructions.

I literally bricked in the same manner you did at 6:30 PST, so dont feel alone in this. My bricking was a result of impatients (sic) and lack of attention to detail.
    Last edited by SunBee; 10-04-2011 at 09:48 PM. Reason: added link

Phone
    sanyo zio

Thank you for the response i can get my lg to the s/w upgrade but my phone cuts in and out like its looping but the screen never blinks i can see the phone in device manager but with sdk tools or the lg updater has been fighting me so far i tried the steps posted that you refer to and have had no success id love to hear more if you can help me i like the phone and do not want to lose it if i can avoid that it is strange even with sdk tools it just says waiting for device i hope rom manager didnt delete the partition on the phone would that be the final blow for the phone?

I'm getting the same thing: my usb keeps telling me that my phone connection can perform faster if i use a usb 2.0 port. I get phone connected in the basic screen, however I get errors when it goes to flash the phone through KP500. ADB/SDK tools aren't going to find our phones in this state, it's not even in android yet. Going to keep trying to find a way to break the loop, and hope somone jumps in with a resolution. I know we arent the only two people to have done this, and there is a solution.

Phone
    sanyo zio

yes same here i get errors on every solution ive seen except for the lgnpst i cannot make it thru all the steps with that one im starting to think windows 7 may be fighting me with that one i may try a comp running xp but ill keep looking and stay in contact stuck with a sanyo zio and not liking that phone i want the oc back if i find something that works ill make sure u get it as well take a look at this link if u like its the one i can not get all the way thru
    http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-a...a-working.html

pretty sure the optimus m may be a route to take as well correct me if im wrong though

Last edited by rugman102; 10-05-2011 at 12:08 AM.

I doubt that it's windows 7 itself, I think I may need to uninstall and reinstall all the drivers for the optimus. Checking out your link now, and if you need I will upload the KP500 tool for you, see if you have any luck with that. Several people on this forum have had success with unbricking our kind of phone, so don't give up hope.

**Update: Some how I have managed to get the update process to make it to the extraction process. Right now it only gets to 4% and quits, but I have a feeling I am on the right track to unbricking this thing. Also trying a previously mentioned battery trick (will thank them by name when I am less tired) to see if I can't somehow break the loop the update is in.
    Last edited by SunBee; 10-05-2011 at 02:01 AM.

Phone
    sanyo zio

KP500,Updating is not possible any longer due to a fatal error while the LG Mobile Software Update. (OnStepMsg Step_TYPE_ENV_ERROR delete m_pLGCyonUpdate).Ran KP500 100% that's what i get from that since i bricked it with rom manager by clicking on reboot into recovery and didn't backup first.Now im seeing that i had updated from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2 with the LG update tool with no issues going to keep looking and trying not ready to give up
    Last edited by rugman102; 10-05-2011 at 03:48 PM.

KP500 gets to 4% of the update process and then

MODEL DLL Event : (20, 0)
    Model Dll Msg Not Found(20, 0)
    Still waiting on someone to jump in with any other advice they may have, as I am not ready to give up either.

Phone
    sanyo zio

SunBee ive got my o/c running again i was looking at some blogs tried a few different button combos ect im still unsure just what unlocked my phone had it hooked up to the usb cable after i had tried a few things comp was lagging a bit so i rebooted and the phone shut off for some reason hadnt done that before then the battery meter came on and the phone booted back up i almost lost it for a sec lol but here is the link i was on maybe it can help you i hope
    [HOWTO] Phone not responding at all - last chance to repair - xda-developers

respond back and let me know if you are still stuck ill try to continue to try to help out as best as i can good luck

Last edited by rugman102; 10-05-2011 at 11:56 PM.

So rugman102, I followed the thread you linked above, and the phone is still bricked, but not at a flashing LG screen. I have the phone charging now, and I want to put this out to anyone who ventures into this thread after having bricked an Optimus C (or any of the phones in the Optimus One family for that matter): if you follow the instructions in the Stock ROM thread, DO NOT FORGET TO DISABLE LGE Virtual Modem in your device manager.

Currently my phone blinks at the Android splash logo, and refuses to respond to the recovery button combo. If I hold down volume up + home + power the phone starts normally, as if there is no recovery/factory reset available. I bought my wife an LTE Score (which is worse then the Zio if you ask me, and is so new I doubt it's been rooted yet), so I am currently in no rush to fix the Optimus C (we also own a P500h she bought in Canada, I use that for tinkering around with as well) but we now know that without a doubt a RomManager bricked C is recoverable. Now to mess with the buttons to figure out how to get back in to recovery.

Thank you so much for your help, and I will update this thread once I get the phone back in working order, or to ask more questions if I get stuck.

***UPDATE*** I'm still stuck on the looping Android logo, gpoing to go back to step one and hope my oc comes back to life
    Last edited by SunBee; 10-09-2011 at 01:57 AM.

Phone
    HOV

To boot into recovery press all at same time power, volume down and home. I usually do the volume down and home holding both then power. This should get you into recovery either factory reset or a actual recovery program. You really need CWM recovery!
    Last edited by godzilla61; 11-17-2011 at 05:56 PM.

Phone
    LG Optimus S

So did you guys get as far as installing customer recovery image? When you hold Vol_Down+Home+Power what do you get?

Phone
    Lg optimus c

I just got mine stuck on that boot loop of the android screen and I did the 3 botton combo and went to recovery and reset it, I had cwm recovery on it allready so I just selected recovery, works fine now should work for urs as well even with out the cwm

It's alive again. After months of settling for a very poor phone I finally tried the damn thing. 3 button factory reset it and boom, we're back in the saddle again. In about 30 minutes I will flash CM7, and probably become a supporting member because I'm tired of paying some cricket dealer 20 bucks every time I change my phone. Thanks everyone

Overall activity: 3.0%
    Phone
    Evo 4g, optimus c

rom manager has bricked my lg optimus c. what method did you use exactly to unbrick your. Somebody please help

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information