Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Supporting Member

overclock kernel and recovery

The new things go released.

Go get it guys!
    haha overclock kernel and all

Sorry I forgot to tell you guys, just the other forum

mods dont get mad at me for posting this link. thanks

Optimus

Enjoy and let me know if you have any questions or concerns

And click an ad or two please, I could really use it.Thanks

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

OC with stock rom?

Could you make this overclock kernal work with the stock ROM? I tried your CM port and unfortunately the screen issue was too much for me. I tried to get your sense port to run for hours to no avail. yet the cm port I had no issues with. Please let me know. Thank you!

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by ironcitymz3 View Post
    Could you make this overclock kernal work with the stock ROM? I tried your CM port and unfortunately the screen issue was too much for me. I tried to get your sense port to run for hours to no avail. yet the cm port I had no issues with. Please let me know. Thank you!
    i've never tried it on a stock rom. Try it and give me some feedback?
    rooted of course.

This one was designed to work with both roms
    Last edited by Thomas Romspert; 07-16-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Thanks for the reply. I chose install rom using your recovery and pointed to the kernel.zip and installed it. I rebooted afterward and it would show the original LG screen and then the second one which is created with the kernel. It then just locks. I restored to what I was at. That is the correct way, right?

Edit: Oh and yes my phone is fully rooted.

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Link's please. Every time I goto your blog, I never see download links anywhere. Not even in Internet Explorer under Windows.

They're under his June 11th post on his site. I tried your instructions Hexley for the Sense mod but just couldn't get it to work... I would either get the X from hell or it would just stay on the opening LG screen. But I did decide to revert back to stock, root and load up my fav. programs from scratch again and I have to say I like this Go Launcher EX launcher alot so the stock rom is more tolerable to me right now. But I'd love to OC this phone for HBO Go... it can be sluggish with action scenes.

Phone
    LG Optimus C

They're under his June 11th post on his site. I tried your instructions Hexley for the Sense mod but just couldn't get it to work... I would either get the X from hell or it would just stay on the opening LG screen. But I did decide to revert back to stock, root and load up my fav. programs from scratch again and I have to say I like this Go Launcher EX launcher alot so the stock rom is more tolerable to me right now. But I'd love to OC this phone for HBO Go... it can be sluggish with action scenes.
    Sorry to hear that Sense UI didn't work. I had a very difficult time too and even after a format, nothing would happen. So under Ubuntu Linux 11.04, I popped the microSD into a flash card reader, loaded up QParted and I found that the card did format, but the partitions where still there. So I simply told QParted to delete and then recreate the partition table. then formatted to FAT32. No swap partiton, just the FAT32 partition. That was the only way I got Sense UI to install. Now when I use wipe all data and then select other, and then wipe SDcard, it installs just fine.

I also installed CM7, with partitions and got stuck at the animated logo. I don't know why that is but who cares. I redid the SDcard with no partitions, just FAT32, installed fine. The only thing I had to do was turn off zip signature. Wouldn't install with it on. A lot of people in here are going to hate me when I say this but, I didn't like CM7 at all. The bugs I can live with because they can be worked out, but call me strange or old fashion, I did not like gingerbread at all. The look and feel was great, but just didn't make me jump for joy. I went back to using Froyo 2.2.1 and the latest GO Launcher EX.
    Last edited by Hexley; 07-16-2011 at 07:16 PM.

Ahh.. I bet I still have those partitions on my SD card then... albeit at 0mb... I wonder if partition magic would see those through Win 7? I do have a coy of ubuntu though... hmmmm. Oh well I think I'll stick with the stock rom for now... just wish I could OC for HBO Go and even Angry Birds can be laggy. The good in this is that I started over from scratch b/c my old os was running like crap... plus I still have about 100mb internal free after installing a bunch of apps. You didn't like Sense? Also I wonder if LG is ever gonna officially release Gingerbread... the rumor was May... that's long come and gone.

Edit: Yes... zip signature I learned to turn off as well.

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Ahh.. I bet I still have those partitions on my SD card then... albeit at 0mb... I wonder if partition magic would see those through Win 7? I do have a coy of ubuntu though... hmmmm. Oh well I think I'll stick with the stock rom for now... just wish I could OC for HBO Go and even Angry Birds can be laggy. The good in this is that I started over from scratch b/c my old os was running like crap... plus I still have about 100mb internal free after installing a bunch of apps. You didn't like Sense? Also I wonder if LG is ever gonna officially release Gingerbread... the rumor was May... that's long come and gone.

Edit: Yes... zip signature I learned to turn off as well.
    I like Sense UI, I just wanted to try out CM7. I ended up going back to Sense UI. Partiton magic should work too since the microSD card is formated as FAT32.

Thread Information