Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sense release

Supporting Member

Sense release

pulled. Thank the mods for the discontinued support
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails btn_donatecc_lg.gif  
    Last edited by Thomas Romspert; 08-12-2011 at 02:01 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Thanks for putting this up for everyone. Maybe one day I'll have enough money to buy every single Cricket phone so that I can test out these ROMs and other enhancements.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Thanks for putting this up for everyone. Maybe one day I'll have enough money to buy every single Cricket phone so that I can test out these ROMs and other enhancements.
    haha that's the day I but my Porsche

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    iPhone 5S

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    Today I am releasing a quick port of j's sense rom. It's been optimized for the optimus C, and fixed the issues it would have.It is very fast, and have had no issues with it so far.

Make sure your running the optimus C recovery. If not google is your best friend.

Do a nandroid backup

do a clean wipe

Make sure you have an ext3 partition

flash the zip file

enjoy
    I just flashed this to my Optimus C, and I can confirm that it works. Thanks!

Now I just need to get the ESN activated. chrisngrod, expect that email soon.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by mattsledge View Post
    I just flashed this to my Optimus C, and I can confirm that it works. Thanks!

Now I just need to get the ESN activated. chrisngrod, expect that email soon.
    Thanks bud, any feedback? been using it a day now

Phone
    iPhone 5S

Thanks bud, any feedback? been using it a day now
    Here's what isn't working - so far:

Bluetooth setting crashes when I try to pair my headset
    Data transfer isn't working in a web browser (I tried both stock and Dolphin, no dice), but seems to be fine for everything else - i.e. twitter, facebook, etc.
    This is negligible, but the grey text in the drop-down notification box needs to be black.

Otherwise, it's FAST. I like it.

Supporting Member

Here's what isn't working - so far:

Bluetooth setting crashes when I try to pair my headset
    Data transfer isn't working in a web browser (I tried both stock and Dolphin, no dice), but seems to be fine for everything else - i.e. twitter, facebook, etc.
    This is negligible, but the grey text in the drop-down notification box needs to be black.

Otherwise, it's FAST. I like it.
    Haha I figured my speed tweaks would be most notable. Bluetooth is something i'm trying to figure out if it's the phone or the rom. It's always worked terribly on mine. And what do you mean by data transfer? Like data in general? I didn't have that but that would be an issue.

Btw tomorrow I'm releasing something to make all the roms even faster

Phone
    iPhone 5S

And what do you mean by data transfer? Like data in general? I didn't have that but that would be an issue.

Btw tomorrow I'm releasing something to make all the roms even faster
    Yeah, the data in general for the browsers. I can download apps and all the other stuff on 3G but once I open a browser it's a no go. If I use wi-fi it is fine.

Supporting Member

Yeah, the data in general for the browsers. I can download apps and all the other stuff on 3G but once I open a browser it's a no go. If I use wi-fi it is fine.
    Try opera. If it fails set it to socket connection. Let me know if that works while I work on finding the bug.

Phone
    iPhone 5S

Opera Mini works right from the get-go. Thanks for the tip.

I tried downloading Opera Mobile, and the phone crashed/restarted when the download was done. Ooops.

Supporting Member

Opera Mini works right from the get-go. Thanks for the tip.

I tried downloading Opera Mobile, and the phone crashed/restarted when the download was done. Ooops.
    No problem I'm gonna look for this browser bug

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Today I am releasing a quick port of j's sense rom. It's been optimized for the optimus C, and fixed the issues it would have.It is very fast, and have had no issues with it so far.

Make sure your running the optimus C recovery. If not google is your best friend.

Do a nandroid backup

do a clean wipe

Make sure you have an ext3 partition

flash the zip file

enjoy

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted

donations are welcome and get much better support

I found some time to read up on installing the Optimus C recovery menu and it worked without any problems. I now have a recovery. I followed your how two on flashing Sense and is not working. I am in an endless loop at the fireworks animation with the little droid inside. I tried wiping data once again, created a ext3 swap partition, and a main partition using the default FAT32. I then selected flash zip file form SDcard, in this case, the Sense ZIP file and did again, and goes to the LG logo for about 15 seconds and then the fireworks animation, I think thats what it is. And from that point on, endless loop.

I also remembered to do a nandroid backup as in the instructions and made a backup to computer as well. If I am missing something, it much be in front of me and I'm not seeing it. Will be trying once more.

Last edited by Hexley; 07-10-2011 at 03:33 PM.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hexley View Post
    I found some time to read up on installing the Optimus C recovery menu and it worked without any problems. I now have a recovery. I followed your how two on flashing Sense and is not working. I am in an endless loop at the fireworks animation with the little droid inside. I tried wiping data once again, created a ext3 swap partition, and a main partition using the default FAT32. I then selected flash zip file form SDcard, in this case, the Sense ZIP file and did again, and goes to the LG logo for about 15 seconds and then the fireworks animation, I think thats what it is. And from that point on, endless loop.

I also remembered to do a nandroid backup as in the instructions and made a backup to computer as well. If I am missing something, it much be in front of me and I'm not seeing it. Will trying once more.
    interesting. Are you manually doing this or ding it on your pc? try to download it again,occasionally I get corrupt files from megaupload.

Phone
    LG Optimus C

interesting. Are you manually doing this or ding it on your pc? try to download it again,occasionally I get corrupt files from megaupload.

Will do, but in the mean time, here was what I did. I first I used ADB in Linux and ran into my first problem with the Read me text file in the Optimus C recovery file I got from your blog site. In the text it reads,

mount -o remount, rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system

It tossed up an error, so looking as this much closely I saw the problem. Where you have the word, "mount -o remount, rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system" There can not be a space after the comma in remount, rw. So I changed it to ,rw -t and it worked great. I ran into other problems with ADB in Linux so I said the heck with it and got into Windows XP, Windows was a no go. Kept complaining drivers were missing. Not your fault, it's windows being crap like always. So I installed Terminal Emulator into my LG Optimus C. Rather nice looking too. I was able to do all the steps in the phone without any problems.

I will download the Sense file again and double check it again. I just now did a nandroid restore using your Optimus C recovery menu and it works 100% I'm back to the factory 2.2.1 Froyo OS. So, great job on the restore menu. working perfectly so far.

I will be back in awhile.

EDIT:

Update. No go. I re-downloaded the file, "sense4Cportv1.5.zip" and verified it with MD5 checker. Passed. Also did a right-click on the file and tested integrity and passes.

I reboot the phone and go into recovery and select WIPE, Partitioned and told the phone to power down. This time I used a card reader and copied the sense4Cportv1.5 file in the sdcard. Then placed the microSD card back in phone and reboot into recovery. followed the steps and it flashed. Then reboot and it gets to the animated fireworks in the shape of an X and animates.

I let the animation go for a good 15 minutes and now going to 20 minutes and still looping. I then reboot phone and wipe data and started all over again. This time I let the phone log into it's stock OS, opened the sdcard through USB and copied the sense4Cportv1.5 file that way and reboot again to recovery.

Followed all the steps once again and the same thing happens. At this point I am at a lost. I will go ahead and discontinue and go back to the original OS.
    Last edited by Hexley; 07-10-2011 at 04:35 PM.

Overall activity: 0%

This happened to me too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information