Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sense release

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hexley View Post
    Will do, but in the mean time, here was what I did. I first I used ADB in Linux and ran into my first problem with the Read me text file in the Optimus C recovery file I got from your blog site. In the text it reads,

mount -o remount, rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system

It tossed up an error, so looking as this much closely I saw the problem. Where you have the word, "mount -o remount, rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system" There can not be a space after the comma in remount, rw. So I changed it to ,rw -t and it worked great. I ran into other problems with ADB in Linux so I said the heck with it and got into Windows XP, Windows was a no go. Kept complaining drivers were missing. Not your fault, it's windows being crap like always. So I installed Terminal Emulator into my LG Optimus C. Rather nice looking too. I was able to do all the steps in the phone without any problems.

I will download the Sense file again and double check it again. I just now did a nandroid restore using your Optimus C recovery menu and it works 100% I'm back to the factory 2.2.1 Froyo OS. So, great job on the restore menu. working perfectly so far.

I will be back in awhile.

EDIT:

Update. No go. I re-downloaded the file, "sense4Cportv1.5.zip" and verified it with MD5 checker. Passed. Also did a right-click on the file and tested integrity and passes.

I reboot the phone and go into recovery and select WIPE, Partitioned and told the phone to power down. This time I used a card reader and copied the sense4Cportv1.5 file in the sdcard. Then placed the microSD card back in phone and reboot into recovery. followed the steps and it flashed. Then reboot and it gets to the animated fireworks in the shape of an X and animates.

I let the animation go for a good 15 minutes and now going to 20 minutes and still looping. I then reboot phone and wipe data and started all over again. This time I let the phone log into it's stock OS, opened the sdcard through USB and copied the sense4Cportv1.5 file that way and reboot again to recovery.

Followed all the steps once again and the same thing happens. At this point I am at a lost. I will go ahead and discontinue and go back to the original OS.
    This issue hasn't happened unless there's some form of data left on the card.I know this sounds absurd but it was the same issue with the CM7 rom, others are running it fine as well. Format your card and then try? And yes I mean in a pc. I know others are running it (including me) and I can't seem to replicate the bug.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    LG Optimus C

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    This issue hasn't happened unless there's some form of data left on the card.I know this sounds absurd but it was the same issue with the CM7 rom, others are running it fine as well. Format your card and then try? And yes I mean in a pc. I know others are running it (including me) and I can't seem to replicate the bug.

I will try again then. I can use my card reader to format.

EDIT:

O.k. Update. WOW, can't believe how fast this Sense UI is. (:O)

I will post more information after I install a bunch of stuff. I want to see how this baby handles with a bunch of games running. So far, can't believe how fast this thing is. Menus are very smooth too. I'll be back with a full post of everything I tested out.

=====================================
    EDIT: Update on flashing the Sense UI to my Phone.
    =====================================

Loving this Sense UI so far. Even though I do not have cell service, I was able to use WiFi and so far so good. I loaded this baby up with all my games and utilities and tested everything one at time and they worked perfect. ADW Launcher is installed by default, plus I see a really good file manager.

I'm not really an ADW Launcher fan so I replaced it with GO Launcher Ex and tested it fully. Menus move very smoothly with no lag. I'm not getting random reboots like I did before, but to be sure I will keep testing it. The camera works good and loads up fast. Was able to take pictures and make a movie. Everything checks out there. Tested out the phone and dialer comes up and just for fun I dialed a number and got a recording saying to call Cricket for activation.

Thats works. I have no 3G because service is discontinued on my test phone so I used WiFi. At first I had to tweak some settings to get it to work, but it did see my Linux computer. Browser comes up fine and works but I never did like the built in web browser. I use Sky Fire instead.

Unable to test BlueTooth because I never used it before. But everything seems to work much better than the stock Optimus c ROM. Menus are much faster. In ADW Launcher, same thing, very fast.

The only way I was able to install this ROM was to go into recovery mode and select the following, "Wipe", "Wipe ALL data/factory reset"

Then when done, I clicked on the return button or the button with the U-turn arrow. to go back one menu and then selected, "Other" and then "Wipe SD Card"

I opted not to partition this time. Then I selected, "USB-MS toggle" to verify a full wipe of all data. microSD card is fully wiped with no folders. The last time I tried to install Sense UI, I only did a Wipe ALL data. But this time I did both as listed here. I then copied the "sense4Cportv1.5.zip" file to microSD. I right-clicked on the ZIP file and asked Linux to verify the integrity of the compressed file and it passed.

I then clicked on the menu button to close the connection with the phone to the computer and returned back to the main recovery menu and then selected, "Flash zip menu" -- File flashed just fine and then when finished, I returned back to the main recovery menu and selected, "Reboot system now"

Phone rebooted and the LG logo comes up. After about a minute the Sense UI logo animation comes up. After three minutes the desktop came up and it worked. I do see MetroPCS wording here and there but no big deal. Everything is working really good, and is much faster than before. One thing I hated mostly was the random reboots I was getting using the stock LG Optimus C ROM that comes pre-installed in this phone. But this new ROM I think did the trick. I haven't been able to get this phone to freeze up on me and reboot.

Like I said, I will keep testing it out. Even if it reboots rarely would be a huge improvement over rebooting 3 to 4 times a day. Over all I'm happy and I love this custom recovery for the Optimus C, thanks Thomas.
    Last edited by Hexley; 07-16-2011 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Update

Overall activity: 0%

Wow, that's awesome.

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Wow, that's awesome.
    It took me awhile but now I understand how to flash this phone, and in the event I brick the phone, I'm very confident in being able to use the KP500 flashing tools to unbrick this phone and restore it back to Froyo 2.2.1 stock. So in the event I want to use my test Optimus C phone as a trade in, I can remove all signs of rooting.

It took me awhile but now I understand how to flash this phone, and in the event I brick the phone, I'm very confident in being able to use the KP500 flashing tools to unbrick this phone and restore it back to Froyo 2.2.1 stock. So in the event I want to use my test Optimus C phone as a trade in, I can remove all signs of rooting.
    I don't think you can trade in a Cricket phone for the free Zio offer. You need to trade in a competitors phone. If that's what you were thinking about doing..

Phone
    LG Optimus C

I don't think you can trade in a Cricket phone for the free Zio offer. You need to trade in a competitors phone. If that's what you were thinking about doing..
    Your right. Besides I very upset with Cricket right now for a number of reasons. I'm still debating weather or not to switch with someone else.

Your right. Besides I very upset with Cricket right now for a number of reasons. I'm still debating weather or not to switch with someone else.
    What other problems are you having?

Phone
    LG Optimus C

What other problems are you having?
    A lot of things. I've only been when Cricket now for six months and I have had nothing but head aches with these people. For one, I never got my rebate check, called up the rebate center and got the run around so I filed a complaint to the BB. Then my credit card was doubled billed twice of $60 dollars in a three day span. Another words, Cricket's billing just took $120 dollars off my card. So I contacted billing to see about fixing the problem and got put on hold for hours. I finally went to main Cricket center and talked with someone in charged and was told there is nothing we can do.

So I told then to fix it or I get a lawyer. I was told to leave the store. O.k. no problem. I went to my local district attorney's office in LA. and filed a complaint report. I then contacted my credit card service and disputed the double charge to my bill. My card member service three days later gets a typed letter from Cricket's billing saying they refuse to pay back the money because I, meaning me, bought a pre-paid card for more minutes on my pre-paid phone, (:O)

I told my credit card service I have a unlimited Android plan and there are NO MINUTES! -- So I show proof of my Cricket phone bill I have unlimited and NO PRE PAID phone that takes minutes. My card member service shows them copies of the proof that Cricket is in the wrong and better pay back the money. Crickets next letter to my credit card service said, NO! -- and Cricket explains they are not at fault.

So now I take it to small claims court and file papers to take them to court. In the mean time I disputed the bill and refuse to take this sitting down. The day I was to goto court, Cricket changes their mind and refunds the extra money to my credit card service saying nothing as to why. Waisted all day and gas money over this crap. Then I go to pay my bill on July first and my credit card is no longer accepted. So once again I call Cricket and they tell me a load of crap and put me on hold for ever. I counted one hour. Then someone picks up the phone and says, your credit card service has blocked us.

So, I call my credit card service and explain to them the problem and what I was told over the phone and the phone REP on the other end looks into it and tells me we do not block anyone, but it shows that Cricket refuses to take my credit card. So now it's hit me personally and now I can longer pay my bill. I have to get in the truck and drive 20 minutes out of my to pay a &*&^%%^ bill in cash. I am so pissed off right now I just want to scream.

I am to the point I'm ready to go with Virgin Mobile and sell both of my Optimus C phones. This crap has been going on now for over a month. These people have kicked me to the curb all because I was in my right in disputing a double charge to my credit card. I may not show how I really feel in here, but if you must know, I want to punch the guy in the face that kicked me to the curb.
    Last edited by Hexley; 07-11-2011 at 05:53 PM.

For heaven sakes, don't go to Virgin, that's where I just came from. I was with Cricket for 15 years, never had 1 ounce of problem with them, and switched to Virgin because of a lower price. Lower price = compromised coverage, tech support people who didn't know what the heck they were doing, and CONSTANT 3G outages. Go to Android Central and check the Optimus V forum there and you will see so many complaints, fix attempts and so on for their 3G (or lack thereof) service. I had absolutely no coverage in my house at all, and when I was with Cricket I never had signal issues in my house. I had the same exact phone at Virgin as I do at Cricket, and the day I got home from Cricket guess what, signal in my house! If I leave Cricket for any other carrier it will be for AT&T. They have a new plan and droid phones on their site with a $50 unlimited everything plan. The only thing that's confusing about it is something about a data plan add on that all smart phones must have and that's extra and not unlimited so I'm confused on what that's all about.

A lot of things. I've only been when Cricket now for six months and I have had nothing but head aches with these people. For one, I never got my rebate check, called up the rebate center and got the run around so I filed a complaint to the BB. Then my credit card was doubled billed twice of $60 dollars in a three day span. Another words, Cricket's billing just took $120 dollars off my card. So I contacted billing to see about fixing the problem and got put on hold for hours. I finally went to main Cricket center and talked with someone in charged and was told there is nothing we can do.

So I told then to fix it or I get a lawyer. I was told to leave the store. O.k. no problem. I went to my local district attorney's office in LA. and filed a complaint report. I then contacted my credit card service and disputed the double charge to my bill. My card member service three days later gets a typed letter from Cricket's billing saying they refuse to pay back the money because I, meaning me, bought a pre-paid card for more minutes on my pre-paid phone, (:O)

I told my credit card service I have a unlimited Android plan and there are NO MINUTES! -- So I show proof of my Cricket phone bill I have unlimited and NO PRE PAID phone that takes minutes. My card member service shows them copies of the proof that Cricket is in the wrong and better pay back the money. Crickets next letter to my credit card service said, NO! -- and Cricket explains they are not at fault.

So now I take it to small claims court and file papers to take them to court. In the mean time I disputed the bill and refuse to take this sitting down. The day I was to goto court, Cricket changes their mind and refunds the extra money to my credit card service saying nothing as to why. Waisted all day and gas money over this crap. Then I go to pay my bill on July first and my credit card is no longer accepted. So once again I call Cricket and they tell me a load of crap and put me on hold for ever. I counted one hour. Then someone picks up the phone and says, your credit card service has blocked us.

So, I call my credit card service and explain to them the problem and what I was told over the phone and the phone REP on the other end looks into it and tells me we do not block anyone, but it shows that Cricket refuses to take my credit card. So now it's hit me personally and now I can longer pay my bill. I have to get in the truck and drive 20 minutes out of my to pay a &*&^%%^ bill in cash. I am so pissed off right now I just want to scream.

I am to the point I'm ready to go with Virgin Mobile and sell both of my Optimus C phones. This crap has been going on now for over a month. These people have kicked me to the curb all because I was in my right in disputing a double charge to my credit card. I may not show how I really feel in here, but if you must know, I want to punch the guy in the face that kicked me to the curb.
    Wow. It looks like you're one of those few people that have major problems with Cricket.

If you want to be compensated for any money lost (such as from gas) you can try contacting the BBB. Also, you can try to get your credit card unblocked. I think you deserve a month of service for free because of all the trouble. If you PM me I'll let you know of a site you might want to go on and explain your situation.

I'm so sorry to hear this all happened to you. I would have been very upset if that happened to me. I hope things get better for you.

If you do decide to go with Virgin Mobile, we have a forum up and running now.
    Virgin Mobile Users Forum - News, Phone Reviews, and Discussion

- Check it out!

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Right now I don't know what I want to do, sue Cricket or just sell the phones dirt cheap and call it a day. I will PM you for that web address. A friend of mine keeps trying to talk me into going to my local KCAL 9 News and just blast Cricket over the air to 400,000 people watching the news.

Right now I don't know what I want to do, sue Cricket or just sell the phones dirt cheap and call it a day. I will PM you for that web address. A friend of mine keeps trying to talk me into going to my local KCAL 9 News and just blast Cricket over the air to 400,000 people watching the news.
    Well, Cricket did finally give you back your money, but they still made you go through a lot. I guess it couldn't hurt to tell others about it.

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Well, Cricket did finally give you back your money, but they still made you go through a lot. I guess it couldn't hurt to tell others about it.
    True, but I'm still upset about the rebate. Oh well.

True, but I'm still upset about the rebate. Oh well.
    You got your money back for that too right?

Phone
    LG Optimus C

You got your money back for that too right?
    No, just the credit card refund of $60 bucks. But I never got the rebate check for $50. I will be paying by check for awhile and see how that works out. I need to make some phone calls in the morning and see what happens next. By the way, I started a new post called Android Themes. Take a look at it. I'm hoping a lot of people post in there and show off their Android phone themes and desktops.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information