Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sense release

Phone
    LG Optimus C

WOW! That is some crazy shiz! I do agree that Cricket employees should be a lot more customer service friendly. When I switched to Cricket in the store, it was like the store was run by a bunch of robots. Yes, buying a new phone with a more budget friendly plan is awesome but to me the customer service aspect makes the experience that much better. A smile was no where to be found, no "Welcome to Cricket, how may we assist you today?", no one hadany kind of a sense of humour... If Cricket really wants to grow and make a voice in the cell phone industry, they do need better customer service. Some of my friends would rather pay the more expensive bills just for the better customer service that larger carriers provide.

Good luck on your rebate check!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    LG Optimus C

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeweb View Post
    WOW! That is some crazy shiz! I do agree that Cricket employees should be a lot more customer service friendly. When I switched to Cricket in the store, it was like the store was run by a bunch of robots. Yes, buying a new phone with a more budget friendly plan is awesome but to me the customer service aspect makes the experience that much better. A smile was no where to be found, no "Welcome to Cricket, how may we assist you today?", no one hadany kind of a sense of humour... If Cricket really wants to grow and make a voice in the cell phone industry, they do need better customer service. Some of my friends would rather pay the more expensive bills just for the better customer service that larger carriers provide.

Good luck on your rebate check!
    Thanks, I will be updating on the Rebate check. I'm in talks right now with Cricket about resolving this matter. In the mean time, I have a business idea I wish to share. It's something I dreamed of for a long time, but never got it to happen.

=======================================
    If your not the business type, stop here and goto the next post.
    =======================================

If Cricket really wants to standout and make a statement, then get rid of the over seas customer support and start highering and training people in America. I can think of a lot of disabled and homeless people right now whom want to work badly would want to work for a provider if given the opportunity.

Now for my crazy business idea that would stomp all over every cell phone wireless business in the world.

========================================
    Lets all start our own cell phone business using satellite technology.
    ========================================

It's real simple. We all go into business for our self as one huge company. Everyone would pitch in a small amount of money, like the worlds biggest lottery and it goes into a fund that will give part ownership of the stock to everyone. Another words, everyone who buys in become an investor. Then we take this fund and higher the best scientist in the world to build the fastest satellite phone system in the world and then have NASA or someone willing to do this, launch these satellite's into space.

You with me so far guys....good! it gets better. $$$$

Picture this for a moment....

Everyone one of us who pitches in money to a universal fund created by you the people, all becomes inverters, but at the same time it pays the bills and grows in huge interest returns, which will pay for better phones, satellite linking and WiFi, and unlimited service, and it will be the peoples cell phone network. Then use that money to higher every American, including homeless and Disabled, and anyone else wanting a job with great pay, and just go interdependent. Once a foundation is built and working, then everyone is making money, you would stomp out all the other cell phone services once in for all.

Contracts would be a thing of the past. No more cap limits because we the people are all investors, including the workers and the cell phone users. Think about it guys for a moment here. This was a dream of mine for years and I know it would work. Think really hard for a moment here....... We, and everyone paying their bill each month, goes into a fund that grows interest returns and it pays all the bills, cost of repairs, puts people in jobs and you make money in return at the end of the year, WHY!!! because everyone is part investor.

We would have our own cell phone infrastructure, our own Internet, and so on and so on. Funny thing is, you don't have to be rich to pull off such a thing. You just need every American in the USA to pitch in enough to get this business started. And the best part is, you just don't spend money, you invest and it makes returns while enjoying unlimited Internet and phone. This is something I would love to see happen. It would be every cell phone providers nightmare to see Americans all pitch in and start one huge cell phone service. We can call it, "The Peoples Cell Phone Network" Owned and operated by you, the people.

If your thinking this is crazy and will never happen, then you do not see the bigger picture here. I'm sure every cell phone provider reading this right now is quaking in their boots of the thought something like this could wipe out every cell phone provider in the USA. They would have no choice but to ask if they can join in. Another thing, I know of a lot of phone companies hurting right now because of the cell phone business taking over would gladly join us to become strong again.

I talked about this years ago with some investors and the thought of all this made their eyes open wide. But were to afraid to take a chance. Go figure, the peoples cell phone network would stomp all over every provider in the world. They would have no choice, meaning the cell phone providers to join us or go out of business.

Thats my dream for the day.
    Last edited by Hexley; 07-12-2011 at 01:42 PM.

Overall activity: 0%

Well on the note about the rom, I have to say it's smoking a$% fire hot for me. I did get it installed thanks to Hexley's suggestions and I think it's by far the best rom I've seen on the LG Optimus line.

Phone
    LG Optimus C

I'm too much of a wimp to event attempt to flash a custom ROM on my phone.

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeweb View Post
    I'm too much of a wimp to event attempt to flash a custom ROM on my phone.
    Your better off not messing with your phone, unless you bricked it, then it's game on. You have nothing else to lose. I had my LG Optimus C for awhile and it was suffering from a lot of random reboots, around 3 to 5 each day. So, I took a chance and tried Rom Manager in hopes it would fix the problem and YUP!! it fixed it alright by bricking my phone. There was $200 bucks in the toilet. I was able to repair the damage after talking to people in here for help. My advice, don't flash. It's not worth it, unless you have a spare junk phone laying around not worth anything.

DUDENPHX >>
    Glad some of my information was help to you.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by DUDENPHX View Post
    Well on the note about the rom, I have to say it's smoking a$% fire hot for me. I did get it installed thanks to Hexley's suggestions and I think it's by far the best rom I've seen on the LG Optimus line.
    I'm glad you enjoy it

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hexley View Post
    Your better off not messing with your phone, unless you bricked it, then it's game on. You have nothing else to lose. I had my LG Optimus C for awhile and it was suffering from a lot of random reboots, around 3 to 5 each day. So, I took a chance and tried Rom Manager in hopes it would fix the problem and YUP!! it fixed it alright by bricking my phone. There was $200 bucks in the toilet. I was able to repair the damage after talking to people in here for help. My advice, don't flash. It's not worth it, unless you have a spare junk phone laying around not worth anything.

DUDENPHX >>
    Glad some of my information was help to you.

It happened to you because you didn't read before hand. Jaeweb seems responsible enough to read first hexley

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    It happened to you because you didn't read before hand. Jaeweb seems responsible enough to read first hexley
    For the record, I bricked my phone because I was watching a YouTube video about ROM Manager and unaware of the dangers. Being new to ROM flashing scene, I thought by following the video I would have a great looking OS for my phone. It wasn't till something did happen and I didn't know what to do or who to turn to, (don't forget, I was a noob.) I posted in at least three forums looking for help till I hooked up with you and others in the room that pointed me in the right direction. Now that I have flashed both my phones and got your recovery in my phones, I feel more confident in what I am doing now.

Still, I'm grateful you took the time in helping me. I will never forget that.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hexley View Post
    For the record, I bricked my phone because I was watching a YouTube video about ROM Manager and unaware of the dangers. Being new to ROM flashing scene, I thought by following the video I would have a great looking OS for my phone. It wasn't till something did happen and I didn't know what to do or who to turn to, (don't forget, I was a noob.) I posted in at least three forums looking for help till I hooked up with you and others in the room that pointed me in the right direction. Now that I have flashed both my phones and got your recovery in my phones, I feel more confident in what I am doing now.

Still, I'm grateful you took the time in helping me. I will never forget that.
    youtube is almost never a good source anymore. Keep in mind with android things just aren't universal 80% of the time.
    And i'm glad.

Phone
    Droid Incredible

The Sense Port... KICKS A$$!! Runs great on my phone.. had no problems on the install and its definitively a speedy bastard... I've only encountered a few minor issues that I'm wondering if anyone has seen as well..?

1. I'm aware of the download issue with regards of the default browser.. I am using Opera Mini with no problems.. However I've had issues using Dropbox.. The program installs but when I go to logon Dropbox states it cannot login into the system.. I've tested it at the same time with my tablet and no problems, so I know its not the account.. related to the same issue as the browser/using the same method to access the internet..? It occurs regardless of using my 3G and/or wifi..

2. I've noticed the cell standby can get in upwards of 50-60%, which seems to coincide with the battery draining pretty quickly.. I know I can tweak some of the settings to improve the usage but I remember with the LG Ally there was a bug which would cause the standby to stay over 50%... If I remember right there wasn't a known fix, other than to put the phone in airplane mode for a few minutes, then re-connect to the network.. Any ideas?

3. Last but not least.. I've noticed that when Im connected on wifi, the browser speed seems pretty slow, almost more consistent with just using Cricket's data network.. However, if I put the phone in airplane mode, then switch the wifi on (so wifi only-no data) the browser speeds more consistent with a wifi connection..

Thomas.. Again, I want to reiterate how much I like this ROM.. To me these things are minor in comparison to using the stock ROM.. I'm thinking either I'm nutty as a fruitcake or maybe other peeps dont do a lot of posting on here.. I know that when I helped beta test the punisher ROM on the Ally my somewhat 'odd' observations helped..

Thanks all..

J

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by glock075 View Post
    The Sense Port... KICKS A$$!! Runs great on my phone.. had no problems on the install and its definitively a speedy bastard... I've only encountered a few minor issues that I'm wondering if anyone has seen as well..?

1. I'm aware of the download issue with regards of the default browser.. I am using Opera Mini with no problems.. However I've had issues using Dropbox.. The program installs but when I go to logon Dropbox states it cannot login into the system.. I've tested it at the same time with my tablet and no problems, so I know its not the account.. related to the same issue as the browser/using the same method to access the internet..? It occurs regardless of using my 3G and/or wifi..

2. I've noticed the cell standby can get in upwards of 50-60%, which seems to coincide with the battery draining pretty quickly.. I know I can tweak some of the settings to improve the usage but I remember with the LG Ally there was a bug which would cause the standby to stay over 50%... If I remember right there wasn't a known fix, other than to put the phone in airplane mode for a few minutes, then re-connect to the network.. Any ideas?

3. Last but not least.. I've noticed that when Im connected on wifi, the browser speed seems pretty slow, almost more consistent with just using Cricket's data network.. However, if I put the phone in airplane mode, then switch the wifi on (so wifi only-no data) the browser speeds more consistent with a wifi connection..

Thomas.. Again, I want to reiterate how much I like this ROM.. To me these things are minor in comparison to using the stock ROM.. I'm thinking either I'm nutty as a fruitcake or maybe other peeps dont do a lot of posting on here.. I know that when I helped beta test the punisher ROM on the Ally my somewhat 'odd' observations helped..

Thanks all..

J
    Every bit of this helped
    I'm good friends with the ally dev btw. Funny you mention that.

Phone
    Droid Incredible

Lol.. small world... the ally was my first android phone.. unfortunately by the time I picked one up it was old news.. and VZW pushed me over the edge on some billing screwups.. was with them for 10 years too... oh well.. no loss! I quit the VZW habit and I'm still alive..

Oh and still running sense and all is well.

Sent from my LG-MS690 using Tapatalk

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Like everyone else has said, This rom is way fast and very smooth! Thanks Thomas for porting this rom for us! Everything works great just don't have mms but thats what the ipod is for haha, Thanks again.. You are the man!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information