Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by fredrick1213 View Post
    Okay these are the instructions that I followed to get working and they worked PERFECTLY.

"Then he has you do this to set wap on your phone dial ##3282# fill in settings.

Active Profile:1
    UserName:yourtendigitnumber@mycricket.com
    Spi MN:HA: 12c
    spi mn:AAA:2
    Reverse Tunel:Enable
    home IP:0.0.0.0
    Primary Home:68.28.15.12
    Second Home:68.28.31.12
    HA Shared Secret:cricket
    AAA shared cricket:cricket
    DSA:I left this as it was all worked right

Slot Cycle Index:0 can leave as default but changing this to 0 will let you get messages and calls faster
    MCC:310
    MNC:00
    ACCOLC:2
    Vocode disable
    Home Orig:Voice 13k also can leave as default but voice 13k is way better than EVRC or anything else
    Roam Orig:Voice 13k
    LBS PDE IP: Blank
    LBS PDE Port: BLANK
    Home Sys Reg:enable
    Foreign SID reg:enable
    DDTM:disable
    Home SID/NID#1:4139/65535

so after setting your PST settings click menu>commint modifications
    let the phone restart,, after restart you should get the little 1x at the status bar of your screen if it doesnt appear check the status of Mobile Network if its off turn it on if its on and you should get the 1x on the status bar"

Source:
    How To: HTC Hero Flash to Cricket with Talk, Text, Wap

I did this and it did not work.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Followed the tutorial and it was great and everything seems to work but that 1x speed is slow. Do I have to upgrade my package or is 1x all I'm going to get.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Erisone apk for recovery does not work on Hero. When it loads and you go to recovery, it just freezes on white HTC screen. So do not install recovery that way.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

eliment

Can any one tell me how to get youtube to work.. I did the flash and did ##3282# on my phone, clicked edit mode, entered my spc, then selected advanced and scrolled down to rtsp portion and entered 0 in proxy port and 0.0.0.0 in proxy address but the settings wont stick.. Everything else works though..
    Last edited by eliment; 01-05-2012 at 05:29 PM.

Phone
    samsung epic 4g

the drivers you provided are not working everytime i put in diag mode my computer says there is no driver for it. I've tried everything in the book and qpst still isnt seeing the port at all

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

You have to specify the location.

You mean the drivers don't work for you.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    samsung epic 4g

Sorry chrisngrod yes the drivers are not working for me. I dial the ##3424# and the phone goes to diag mode but the computer doesn't recognize the phone at all. I even went to start/control panel/system/device manager to point the missing driver to the diag drivers and it still doesn't see the phone. I'm running windows 7 ultimate 64.

So, I got all the resources, and I got all the drivers but neither qpst nor cdma workshop recognize the phone is there. I can access the phone through the computer, as a storage device or HTC sync if I had it, but no go. Any idea what the issue is? Double check, I don't believe you need to root the phone before the whole process, correct? Is that part of the issue?
    I watched the video and my issue didn't come up at all.
    Oh, I couldn't quite see, but in the device manager, what was clicked to establish what port was used?
    To try trouble shooting I tried getting my Kyocera Zio (already a Cricket phone) into Diag mode, but didn't know how... and haven't seached for that yet, but will after posting this. If neither phone shows up, using different cables (of course) in two usb ports that I know work, in neither program, what could the issue be?
    PS: Windows 7 Ultimate, 64, &c... nothing fancy.

---------- Post added 01-07-2012 at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-06-2012 at 11:47 PM ----------

Ammendment: so, I figured out the port situation and was able to get CDMA Workshop and QPST to recognize the phone was there, but they each give an error message. CDMA WS says, when you try to read in any menu, that the phone did not answer. qpst says that the port isn't working properly. I tried ports 1, 5, 6 and 15. Is there something I need to do phone side?

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Download the driver from HTC. Once u have dl HTC sync u can delete HTC sync and the driver will stay. In ur phone make sure you have usb debugging on. In application/development/usb debugging/and let drivers load. Then go to dial pad on ur phone and enter ##3424#. Wait the drivers to load. For cdma ws, if it is higher then 25. Set it lower and good luck

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ok, I downloaded HTC Sync and what not. It set me back a couple steps. Now, the HTC Modem doesn't come up in my device manager, and the ADB driver is missing, and doesn't appear in the device manager either. Now, I've gone through device manager and removed all my current HTC stuff, and removed everything that installed with HTC Sync, but I can't get back to square one. The new hardware wizard never even looks for the ADB, nor does the phone appear in the modems list on my device manager. I'm not sure what the issue is.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Now all that pops up in device manager is "Other Devices>Android Phone."

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

<sdk>\extras\google\usb_driver solved the other devices issue, and now the phone is recognized as "Android Phone>Android ADB Interface" in the Dev Mngr
    Device is working fine, but before, the android phone occupied four or five drivers at once, now just one, which switches based on what connection i want - charge only, htc sync, hard disk/storage, or sharing an internet connection.

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Hey Chris, I think you can update the hero with 2.1 update 1(

)
    . To root the Phone, I found that using
    tehdarkknight

root method(
    This

) to be more easier than
    regaw_leinad

root method(
    This

). I keeped getting Running Exploit... for 30 minutes once.twice.three times and no luck. I tried the manual root method to be much easy and is update to newest rom.

First Thing:
    HTC HERO Root Me.zip
    Extract the file any where you want.
    I included:
    adb, fastboot, AdbWinApi.dll,original root me.zip files
    I placed it in folder I make a few flashes a while back. Called
    C:/Android/
    In Cmd make sure enter:
    Code:
    Cd c:/wherever you place the file/ enter

You follow the instruction that
    tehdarkknight has given us.

Second Thing:
    Once Rooted you will to install greenk45 app to get internet to work.
    Anycut method will not work on here.
    Mms: I will inlcude apn.xml file for all of you. Make sure you change the Maximum message size: 500k or 300k.

Right Now am on the 30 plan with some what slow speed but am not be routed to the cricket site.
    I also want to install a custom rom. Like this one
    here

Attached Files Attached Files

can i use the demo version of CDMA to do this, or do i need the full?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Demo should work for SPC.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

sorry if im reviving an old dead thread but im trying to get my old htc hero to switch from my girlfriends old crappy Zio, im not sure if im doing it correctly but when I try to do a test call it says "this account cannot be validated" and goes on. Am I going good so far or did i mess up somehow?

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by jo3tek View Post
    sorry if im reviving an old dead thread but im trying to get my old htc hero to switch from my girlfriends old crappy Zio, im not sure if im doing it correctly but when I try to do a test call it says "this account cannot be validated" and goes on. Am I going good so far or did i mess up somehow?
    If you downloaded a cricket prl, and located in an AWS market, you will get that message. Make sure you switch the meid number on the account. Instead of her zio, the account should have the one from the hero. You can become a silver member here, and get the esn change for free. You can also call customer service at 1800-cricket (be ready to spend 30 minutes on hold). Do not try online esn swap, since it only allows you to switch to original cricket devices.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information