Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Manual Programming of HTC Hero for Cricket

I have flashed a few phones to Cricket, including the HTC EVO 4g, Samsung Epic 4g, and on the Evo I was able to manually program the phone with EPST. I have rooted and flashed a HTC Hero for my wife (as she needs long talk/battery life) but am unable to manually flash. I do not have a USB cable, and I like to be able to load PRL updates from the SD card, so how do I access the manual programming? I type in the diagnostic mode code and the ##3424#, ##MSL# and none of the codes work on this phone. I downgraded from CM7 to CM6 with no change, and it looks like the older roms are no longer available. How can I get my wifes 'new' phone up and going without the USB cable?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

You will need a USB cable for sure. Regular camera usb cable will fit the phone perfectly.
    Your current ROM will require to turn on diag mode via terminal. You can fully reload the ROM and bring it back to Stock, flash it normally, and then reload the CM. Get the original stock OS from here
    Shipped ROMs

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Thanks Dina for your response. I thought that the cable needed to be on of the 'flat sided' cables to match the slot, instead of the double 'sloped' sided cable of my camera, so I should have one that will work. I have downloaded 2 of the original ROMs from the link to load as needed, but they look to be non-CWM flashable roms, so I have a couple follow-up questions. How do you turn on the Diagnostic Mode via terminal when the dialpad codes do not work? Since all I need is to write the min / phone number and other cricket settings before installing GreenK45, can I do this from any of the current CWM flashable roms (LeWa, Evervolv, eligo, etc)? Thanks in advance for your time.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Thread Information