Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

*IMPORTANT* Petition to save Cricket Users Forum

I'm starting this petition just in case things head south and the forum gets forced to close. Some of you may have been around when the forum was My Cricket Forum. We were contacted by Cricket's legal team and given some guidelines. We change the url and made some other modifications. This cost us a lot of traffic, but we made it through that and are now stronger than ever.

Again I have been contacted and told, "you need to immediately cease and desist using the URL and Cricket’s trademarks. If you do not immediately stop using the URL and Cricket trademarks we will be forced to bring legal action."

Petition: Cricket Wireless: Allow Cricket Users Forum to continue to operate. | Change.org

Thank you in advance.

PLEASE SHARE WITH OTHERS

UPDATES and MORE INFORMATION:

Enthusiast sites who aren't affiliated with carriers are allowed to operate. An example is SprintUsers.com. Other sites used registered trademarks (ie DroidForums.net and Droid-Life.com). This is actually a trademark of Lucas Arts, and I've been told they're pretty big sticklers about that.

We had a lot of potential to be even bigger than we are now...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stats.png 
Views:	333 
Size:	122.6 KB 
ID:	1851

Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 03-05-2012 at 10:25 PM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 2.0%

The funny part is that they have a banner on your website.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by captainkirks View Post
    The funny part is that they have a banner on your website.
    It's through adsense, but I'm sure this site has sent more people their way than almost any other...
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

signed

Phone
    Admire 2 64GB

Signed. I hope this forum isn't shut down. I have learned a lot from this forum and would hate to see it go.

what trademarks are you using?

Phone
    LG Optimus C LW690

c1nam1ngurl said about hme petition

They have their banner on this site ......

Phone
    Verizon S3

I signed, but i don't see how cricket has any leverage to take legal action, this site is clearly stated not affiliated, and is not using any cricket trademarks or anything of the sort. i'm sure if you guys talk to a lawyer they will tell you there's nothing to be worried about.

Phone
    EVO 3D

Was it sent of behalf of by some random lawyer? You may want to contact the legal team that sent the notice and ensure it was actually Leap Wireless Communications that had them send the letter. Again as noted by other users, I dont not see any TM issues. Cricket owns their Cricket logo, and their tradename may be federally registered, but that does not give them rights to cricketusers.com. In fact what I would do is TM crickusers, and federally register it. IMO they got nothing.

Signed. Thanks for all the Help! Without this site I would no longer be with Cricket (Leap Wireless Communications). I am paying them over $200 a month for all my accounts.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by cnewman402 View Post
    Was it sent of behalf of by some random lawyer? You may want to contact the legal team that sent the notice and ensure it was actually Leap Wireless Communications that had them send the letter. Again as noted by other users, I dont not see any TM issues. Cricket owns their Cricket logo, and their tradename may be federally registered, but that does not give them rights to cricketusers.com. In fact what I would do is TM crickusers, and federally register it. IMO they got nothing.

Signed. Thanks for all the Help! Without this site I would no longer be with Cricket (Leap Wireless Communications). I am paying them over $200 a month for all my accounts.
    Pretty sure it's legit. We've done some investigating. The lawyer's name is on other legal documents Cricket has had.

ie.

http://www.copyright.gov/1201/2008/r...cations-37.pdf

Thanks everyone for their participation.

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.9%

It's pathetically sad that the PDF talks about Cricket's(©,™, LMAO, as if those symbols made me realize i wasnt on their site!) "noble & great" desire the change copyright law (rights of others)so that flashed phones can be used on their system by less financially fortunate people. Yet, they become hypocritical morons when they ask this site ,which helps promote their "noble & great" cause, to stop infringing on their "rights". It sounds like the "standard letter based on google searching" so let a lawyer handle it since he knows the legal maneuvers. It does not help their case if you already tried to comply the first time and they never kept sending their "warnings", imo.

Signed. Seriously, I would have dropped Cricket by now if it wasn't for this site. I don't have a problem with their service but their stock line of phones just suck.

Phone
    Droid Incredible

I have to agree with Poopoo Tickler (with his post, not anything related to his name. lol ) I've contemplated leaving CricKet more than once but have stuck it out because of this site.. Lots of great info, awesome service by the staff and I was able to locate a local dealer who kicks a$$... I can honestly say that I did not make the decision to get two cricket lines until I visited this site and was able to research the posts related to the phones I was planning on purchasing.. I then felt comfortable and took the plunge.. so shame on cricket and the knucklehead in legal compliance whose making a stink out of nothing..

J

Phone Whore(;
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 5

I have also signed. Also going to post a link on my Facebook in hopes some of my friends will help us out.

Thanks everyone for the support.
    *Please PM me ONLY if you have posted in the forum, and I have not replied. Thank you.*

Wanna know how I became a SuperMod?? I got engaged to the creator of the site. (;

Find devices to flash to Cricket here (refine the search to find the phone model you desire).
    Feel free to donate so we can get more devices to write tutorials on!
    GreenK45 - Automatic proxy setup (u2nl/autostart) for Android flashed phone users on the $45 plan. Now available on the Android Market!

Phone
    EVO Supersonic

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    I'm starting this petition just in case things head south and the forum gets forced to close. Some of you may have been around when the forum was My Cricket Forum. We were contacted by Cricket's legal team and given some guidelines. We change the url and made some other modifications. This cost us a lot of traffic, but we made it through that and are now stronger than ever.

Again I have been contacted and told, "you need to immediately cease and desist using the URL and Cricket’s trademarks. If you do not immediately stop using the URL and Cricket trademarks we will be forced to bring legal action."

Petition: Cricket Wireless: Allow Cricket Users Forum to continue to operate. | Change.org

Thank you in advance.

PLEASE SHARE WITH OTHERS

UPDATES and MORE INFORMATION:

Enthusiast sites who aren't affiliated with carriers are allowed to operate. An example is SprintUsers.com. Other sites used registered trademarks (ie DroidForums.net and Droid-Life.com). This is actually a trademark of Lucas Arts, and I've been told they're pretty big sticklers about that.

We had a lot of potential to be even bigger than we are now...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stats.png 
Views:	333 
Size:	122.6 KB 
ID:	1851
    If possible, could you post the guidelines, mentioned above, that Cricket provided you with their original complaint.
    Also, I have searched many trademarks, followed by the words "user", & "users", one of which is "iphoneusers.com." I have not had the time to see whom that site is affiliated with, but their site is very similiar to yours.
    You may be able to drum up some support from those sites as well. Disclose to them the issues you are experiencing. They may aid you in your case, to prevent possible actions from the advisories. If Cricket gets away with this action, then others could be at risk. Round up the wagons.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information