Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    notanymor
    Phone
    T-Mobile GS5

Done... if it wasn't for this site, I would have been completely confused on how to flash my first Droid X to cricket, thank you!

2. Remove this advertisement.

Phone
    EVO 3D

You would think this is enough:

disclaim.png

I hope for the best for you, and again thanks for all your help!

Phone
    Samsung Indulge

The dealer contract states we can't use the word Cricket in business websites. I've seen other sites (mycricketsupply, for example) get shutdown by cricket.

I'd have a backup plan. Maybe a thread with suggestions for site names.

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

oh joy!. . more cricket fun.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieKDealer View Post
    The dealer contract states we can't use the word Cricket in business websites. I've seen other sites (mycricketsupply, for example) get shutdown by cricket.

I'd have a backup plan. Maybe a thread with suggestions for site names.
    That contract is for dealers. This site is run by a user, not a dealer. Ya semantics I know, but....

I agree with others. Find a lawyer.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

I wonder if they'd have an issue if this site was intended for those who use crickets to fish or feed pets.. My guess is they most likely would.

Overall activity: 6.0%

Phone
    Samsung Note 3

Signed.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with the executives at cricKet? In addition to signing the petition, we need to email and call them directly. I don't want this forum to go away. It has been extremely helpful to me over the past year.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I put an email on the petition for the CEO, Douglas Hutcheson.

dhutcheson@leapwireless.com
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Signed...

BUT

Both Sprintusers.com and droid-life.com have no logo issues...although I am surprised that sprintusers.com is able to use the yellow.

I work for a national franchise in an unrealated field, and I know we deal with people trying to 'mimmick' our colors, names etc...I will let you in on a little secret...A) if you find out what RGB color cricket has commissioned, change it one RGB digit off that, and they can do nothing. They can't 'own' the color green...but they can license green hues for a specific use. My franchise owns a particular shade of orange that no one else can use in our industry...but only that one shade. Also...take the "35, 45, 55" off the logo. Do those two things and tell them to suck it slow...you also have the right to demand SPECIFICALLY what they have their panties in a twist about. (such as siting specific logos or where the use of "their materials" are found on your site) Also, while they are correct about the use of green as it relates to wireless, you can also play the 'this site is not wireless affiliated......(aka-add some non-cell phone sub forums for tablets or even a 'lawnmower' section...just something that makes it NOT 100% wireless related.)

Good luck man. It sucks, but trademark infringement isn't cool either bro.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Thank you everyone. Your support has been appreciated. There have been many personal replies which were positive in nature.
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 03-06-2012 at 08:47 PM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Ad2

So ridiculous! I would also like to note, that without this site I would have dumped my Cricket LINES of service! I hate when companies use the legal bullying strategy to their own ends. First they have NO LEGAL CALL to the URL at all, anything they say to the contrary is poppycock. Also the advice on changing the shades is good too. Seems like a shady move on their part! Who know might be as simple as them trying to aquire the URL for themselves, with the built in driven traffic. I say FIGHT THEM CHRIS!

Overall activity: 2.0%

Petition signed!

-- Chris, I realize all this is perhaps a bit spooky and unsettling to be sure. In my opinion however, there are no technically substantive factors upon which your claimant-assailants can successfully sustain a legally adjudicated challenge in any appropriate court of law. However, as you may already surmise, oftentimes.. the mere presentation of an intimidating affront set against the framework of our legal system is sufficient maneuvering to bleed the challenged party with either psychological or financial distress (sometimes both); enough to successfully achieve an effective victory in support of the claimant's objectives.

If it were me though.... I 'd write 'em a nice & short...but polite.... letter in response
    ~ and tell them to kindly kiss my ass.

But that's just me.

Sincerely,
    Your neighbor from Lago Vista,
    djr~ ;-)

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Cricket follows us on Twitter (Yes, I know this was probably part of the social media team's doing).

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 115
Size:  53.4 KB

If anyone was wondering, the theme in use is lightly modified and available commercially here:

Shiny Green Skin details

Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 03-06-2012 at 09:10 PM.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Signed. Even though I just got here, this place is great and you can't get this info just anywhere else. Sounds like they are wanting to run this forum off and start their own! What about getting everybody's heads together and come up with a new name that still does what the site was designed for? Maybe make a contest out of it or something? I understand not wanting to let go of something that means so much. Not to mention the time and effort went into it(as I'm in the middle of that for the second time), but maybe the stress of it would be a lot less and could be a fun thing for those of us here. Just thoughts...no offense intended. peace

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    If possible, could you post the guidelines, mentioned above, that Cricket provided you with their original complaint.
    Also, I have searched many trademarks, followed by the words "user", & "users", one of which is "iphoneusers.com." I have not had the time to see whom that site is affiliated with, but their site is very similiar to yours.
    You may be able to drum up some support from those sites as well. Disclose to them the issues you are experiencing. They may aid you in your case, to prevent possible actions from the advisories. If Cricket gets away with this action, then others could be at risk. Round up the wagons.
    Good idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Pestelence View Post
    Done... if it wasn't for this site, I would have been completely confused on how to flash my first Droid X to cricket, thank you!
    Thanks for signing..

Quote Originally Posted by wrhsonwheels View Post
    Signed. Even though I just got here, this place is great and you can't get this info just anywhere else. Sounds like they are wanting to run this forum off and start their own! What about getting everybody's heads together and come up with a new name that still does what the site was designed for? Maybe make a contest out of it or something? I understand not wanting to let go of something that means so much. Not to mention the time and effort went into it(as I'm in the middle of that for the second time), but maybe the stress of it would be a lot less and could be a fun thing for those of us here. Just thoughts...no offense intended. peace
    We might have to do this. I'm pretty tired of this game though. I've made changes before, and it's just killed the traffic. With a generic name, it will be hard to get more support. Over 1,000 dollars has been spent on Facebook advertising. I hated making a new page when the MyCricketForum change was made.

No offense taken. I've gained something from all responses. I will most likely pursue active duty again if this goes south. Too many hardships have been experienced since getting out. Although it wasn't a perfect life, I was able to survive.

There are two reasons I'm not deploying or pursuing any long schools with the Army at the moment.. With situations changing around the world many units have had their deployment schedules modified. I was suppose to leave later this year. The second reason is that my mother who has supported me through my divorce both emotionally and monetarily has been diagnosed with cancer. It is my strong belief that she will make it out unscathed (minus the temporary loss of hair due to treatment). Any move I do make will have many consequences. Just need to think out my next step.

Sorry if this has turned into a mindless rambling. I feel like someone has scrambled my brain.

EDIT: Footer has been modified and the logo as well. We're officially about copper now. Please start discussions about the periodic table element copper (CU). However for some reason the atomic number on it is 19. That would be Potassium or K. Speaking about either is encouraged.
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 03-06-2012 at 10:26 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information