Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    Ascend 2

I would like to point out that there is also a Sprint Users forum,
    Sprint News & Phone Reviews from SprintUsers

. Also like CU, SU is not connected to SPCS. However over the years SPCS has put in place monitoring the site, not to attempt to govern it but to learn what people are looking for and what they are wanting from a phone. Instead of attacking it they embraced it to increase customer satisfaction.
    At one point in time SPCS was outsourcing customer service. People hated it and it was allover SU. Because of the input in SU, SPCS changed that policy.
    Now that is just an example. Cricket can't stop outsourcing because they don't have the money SPCS has, but the example is how a board geared to a certain product can help the company see what the client wants and thus increasing sales.
    I would also add that Cricket has horrible customer service. Not only at the 611 level but also at the store level. However with having CU available, as a consumer I am able to look here for information and in some cases diagnosing a problem that 611 has no idea how to handle because of lack of personal experiences with the product. In fact if I was unable to look for solutions and product information I would go to a different provider where I could.
    I would say that CU should eliminate the threads that show how to bypass what Cricket would charge for. They see this as theft of services and quite possibly they are correct. A board dedicated to providing information should not be providing information to avoid charges

Last edited by Dewmik; 03-07-2012 at 04:18 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by Dewmik View Post

. Also like CU, SU is not connected to SPCS. However over the years SPCS has put in place monitoring the site, not to attempt to govern it but to learn what people are looking for and what they are wanting from a phone. Instead of attacking it they embraced it to increase customer satisfaction.
    At one point in time SPCS was outsourcing customer service. People hated it and it was allover SU. Because of the input in SU, SPCS changed that policy.
    Now that is just an example. Cricket can't stop outsourcing because they don't have the money SPCS has, but the example is how a board geared to a certain product can help the company see what the client wants and thus increasing sales.
    I would also add that Cricket has horrible customer service. Not only at the 611 level but also at the store level. However with having CU available, as a consumer I am able to look here for information and in some cases diagnosing a problem that 611 has no idea how to handle because of lack of personal experiences with the product. In fact if I was unable to look for solutions and product information I would go to a different provider where I could.
    I would say that CU should eliminate the threads that show how to bypass what Cricket would charge for. They see this as theft of services and quite possibly they are correct. A board dedicated to providing information should not be providing information to avoid charges
    Noted... What is everyone else's opinion on the tethering and 45 dollar plan information? Other sites have tethering info for specific carriers however they are general sites and not specific to one carrier like ours.

Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Dewmik View Post

Agreed. (Emphasis mine).

** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by Sport View Post
    SIGNED...Face book and twitter are powerful tools!!

---------- Post added 03-07-2012 at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-06-2012 at 11:42 PM ----------

SIGNED..I read/saw somewhere that copper is one element that is more in abundance unmined than in service; (oxidized copper does have a greenish sheen; not unlike the greens seen on this website) ...so why the increased thefts and price hikes???
    I haven't looked this up, but I'm sure Wiki would have some answers. Perhaps the cost of mining is really high?

Name:  272_Cricket9.JPG
Views: 75
Size:  10.4 KB

Name this animal and what it's made out of...
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 03-07-2012 at 05:28 PM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    Mercury M886

I haven't looked this up, but I'm sure Wiki would have some answers. Perhaps the cost of mining is really high?
    ...and the cost of theft is really low???
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A Copper Cricket ...how quaint!!!

...just a thought and a simple one it is ....

One added disclaimer to the effect of >>

"We are simply individual Cricket users at various points on the Learning Curve trying to help one another"

Pretty much says who we are
    Last edited by Sport; 03-07-2012 at 07:15 PM.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

SIGNED...Face book and twitter are powerful tools!!

---------- Post added 03-07-2012 at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-06-2012 at 11:42 PM ----------

SIGNED..I read/saw somewhere that copper is one element that is more in abundance unmined than in service; (oxidized copper does have a greenish sheen; not unlike the greens seen on this website) ...so why the increased thefts and price hikes???
    ...and the cost of theft is really low???
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A Copper Cricket ...how quaint!!!

...just a thought and a simple one it is ....

One added disclaimer to the effect of >>

"We are simply individual Cricket users at various points on the Learning Curve trying to help one another"

Pretty much says who we are

I'm saying that they're probably buying it off people vs mining cause it still remains cheaper. These people just happen to be stealing it. Some of them at least. I haven't really looked into it lol.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 91
Size:  33.8 KB

Phone
    Mercury M886

Exactly!!!!! I'm DEFINITELY NOT into government intervention...but what if recycled Copper had to be warehoused for ...say 5 years...before it could be be re-smelted???

The price would down spiral and miners would get back to work!!!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Might affect some companies in a negative way. Always has the potential for a lot of good though. Could spark many jobs and new developments.

Phone
    Mercury M886

hey ....I'm just a Red Neck from Kentucky ...and that was a spur of the moment post!!!!

Customer Since
    notanymor
    Phone
    T-Mobile GS5

cmon people it's just your email address, all they are asking for really. Did you ever get help on this site.... I think so, so sign!
    Last edited by Pestelence; 03-08-2012 at 12:04 AM.

Customer Since
    notanymor
    Phone
    T-Mobile GS5

bump and bump

---------- Post added 03-08-2012 at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-07-2012 at 11:47 PM ----------

bump and going to bed.....
    Last edited by Pestelence; 03-08-2012 at 02:14 AM.

Phone
    Droid Incredible

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    howardforums.com anyone? I respectfully disagree. A Cricket specific forum is needed. I think it's all just scare tactics, hoping we will fold up and go away.
    Agree 100%.. If I wanted a non-specific/generic site I would spend my time there and/or on xda developers.. Don't get me wrong, they're both excellent sites and I use XDA on a regular basis, but when it comes to specifically cricKet info/users/posts, I think CU in whatever format is just fine with me..

J

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    That contract is for dealers. This site is run by a user, not a dealer. Ya semantics I know, but....

I agree with others. Find a lawyer.
    +1 - Thanks for pointing that out.. I wondered about that..

Overall activity: 6.0%
    Phone
    Huawei Ascend II

New site style is pretty good, should keep Cricket's end happy. Good call on the sub header for non-affiliated.

Customer Since
    4/2008
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Countersue?

Countersue?

I am sure you can think of some reason.

While I am sure someone can think of a legitimate reason, there is value in smoke and mirrors. Ask Sun Tzu.
    Last edited by s23bog; 03-12-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Thanks everyone for chiming in. I like the responses.

I'm about to launch a new site because I think it's a fairly good idea, but the question I have is why can't I start anything that will have absolutely no chance of problems!?

I'm following in the footsteps of an old employer (TUCOWS).
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 03-12-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information