Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Update 5/9: Forum ESN Changes/Add a Lines

First I would like to thank everyone for their support of the forum. There are costs involved with running this. We were booted off of a shared server last year because of the traffic the site was getting. This required me to get a dedicated server from SingleHop. Their services are excellent, but overall I pay around 250 a month.

For this reason, you might have seen other sections pop up in the forum. Cricket Wireless alone may not be a big enough topic to keep this server afloat. Please like the Facebook page, subscribe to my Youtube channels etc.

Now on to the account services. Cricket Wireless does not like their dealers making changes outside their local area to my knowledge. For this reason we have to suspend the changes until policy changes. Feel free to express your opinions to Cricket Wireless themselves. They hardly communicate with the site and seem to have no presence other than potential lurkers.

I have reached out to them a couple of times to obtain devices for review etc. Our Youtube channel has more subscribers than theirs. They seem to let CNET have their devices. Despite other media outlets bashing them at times, they haven't attempted to let us shed some light on their products and services.

Again, thank you for your continued support. For those who don't have the money to donate, there are many ways you can help still.

1. Use the links on the main pages to shop at eBay and Amazon.
    2. Social Media (Facebook, Youtube [
      channel 1

channel 2

], Twitter)
    3. Word of mouth. Let other Cricket customers and potential customers know that we exist.

Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

thanks for the update chris! i shall continue to spread the good word. no where else is there this amount of information for cricket's devices. If leap wireless cared about their customers they would acknowledge this site and it's members. I will also double my attempt to reach out to other dealers in my area to let them know of the treasures hosted @ http://www.cricketusers.com/

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

You've been here since I can remember, and I thank you a lot for that!
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    HTC EVO 4G Lte

So is this site no longer offering esn changes w/o becoming a supporting member because I need an esn change and the store has had no luck doing it??

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

I've been doing the same as far as word of mouth (and a bit of Facebook posting). This site is way better and the depth of knowledge is progressing with many new members.

It's a shame that dealers aren't as plentiful as they were.

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 2
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    Phone
    Droid X

Chris, Thank you for your post. Since I am a supporting member dose that mean I will not be able to do an ESN change eithout paying $9.00 or will that not work since Idoho has no dealer members. I am confused on where the ESN change for supporting members went.

Mikel

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

No esn changes at all. We don't have anyone to do them period

Sent from my Cricket GS4
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    Phone
    Droid X

Thank you Stephen. I hope the policies of cricket change so you get your dealers back. My support continues on.

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Quote Originally Posted by wingnut_2u View Post
    Thank you Stephen. I hope the policies of cricket change so you get your dealers back. My support continues on.
    I'm with you. I had an esn I needed to change which is why I originally donated but the reasons have changed for donating my time and what money I can

Sent from my Cricket GS4

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Actually here is an update.

I didn't post this earlier because of 1) work and 2) making sure all the bugs were worked out.

There is a new dealer that is trying to help however, because of the work load they can only agree to do paid changes. I am getting a 2 dollar discount for each supporting member though.

I understand that a lot of you becoming supporting members because of the ESN changes, however server fees are expensive, and I'm hit with them on a monthly basis. It really upsets me to see PMs like this. My response is below.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    I paid the total silver member monthly fee on pay pal. I see now that ur site is no longer offering 1 free add a line, & 2 esn changes. that was the whole reason I signed up again. very unhappy.
    How do you think I feel? I support Cricket with this site however they don't support us. I can't even get a phone for review unlike CNET or some other random bloggers.

They have made it impossible for dealers to support us like they did in the past. I was able to get one dealer to do paid ESN changes and a discounted rate for supporting members.

Your support was appreciated, however I can remove your account and refund the money. A simple 9.95 or 12.95 plus 3 dollars is worth about 1 ESN change.

V/R,
    Chris

----------------

I should have also noted that many of the people they seem to donate to... Are hypercritical of Cricket. Due to Stephen we got credited in two Android Police articles that were Cricket related.

Still no love in return other than... They let us exist.

Customer Since
    08-08
    Phone
    Galaxy S3

I don't understand cricket's deal with the site. Id bet this site makes them a lot of money and keeps a lot of customers by helping them out with their problems when cricket cant or wont.

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by tclemens View Post
    I don't understand cricket's deal with the site. Id bet this site makes them a lot of money and keeps a lot of customers by helping them out with their problems when cricket cant or wont.
    IMO cricket does not care about the site as long as the site is not selling anything related to cricket etc. The esn changes were done with the help of supporting dealers out there. it's difficult to keep our stores staffed let alone have the time to help out here. the perks of donating are still very nice even if you don't get esn changes right now.

Thread Information