Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

flash Kyocera Echo (m9300) to cricket

I figured a tutorial/guide to flashing a sprint Kyocera Echo to cricket would be easy to find, but I haven't been able to (& now I really really am in the need of flashing it asap). I have flashed a phone before but its been quite a while ago so I am extremely rusty. Could someone help me out w/a tutorial/guide or at least point me in the right diection???
    Thanks for your time & assistance!
    Last edited by angelgabbby; 11-18-2013 at 10:16 PM. Reason: put wrong phone (it is Edge not Echo)

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 74.0%

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

If u have ur msl / spc then it will be normal flash.
    Also u can try get my msl apk or Kyocera msl from market.
    Other parameters are same for all cricket flash. Nothing new for echo.

Overall activity: 0%

Since its been quite awhile since I flashed a phone, can you point me to a general tutorial on how to flash to cricket or one that will basically work for the Echo too (with the exceptions of the msl, etc being different)??? I feel like an idiot cause i know there are some general instructions/tutorials, not to mention the fact that since i have done it in the past (few years ago) I should remember off-the-top-of-my-head more than i do on how to. But anyhow Could anyone please help me find the tutorial i need for it???

Also I use to have cdma workshop a few years ago (which i'm sure i'll probably need), but due to a wildfire, i no longer have that computer. Ive been looking & looking to download it free again but all the places/forums i have found for it don't seem to be working links for quite awhile (including, according to post, the one I found on here). Does anyone know a site with a real working link OR will the free Demo version work for what i'll need?

Thank you very much for your time & assistance.

Overall activity: 74.0%

You have too many questions, add me to gtalk.
    Will assist you for free.
    Hitesh.rimweb@gmail.com

Sent from my Hydro

Overall activity: 1.0%

This may help you...this may totally confuse you...however, these are short notes I took in the process to getting my echo on cricket. Some of this work is on my own - little "tricks I wrote on scratch paper" Some of this work has been borrowed from other sources and I am sorry that I don't even know where those sources are to give them credit...but that you to those sources...However, heres my ramblings...

Kyocera Echo M9300 – SlugPro’s Trails to Cricket.
    SlugPro’s HFA work around:
    If you purchased this phone brand new out of the box, or like I did, reset everything you will notice the Hands Free Activation nag screen. This really bothered me.
    To bypass the Hands Free Activation this is what I did:
    ##DATA# Under DATA PROFILE - Change the ACCOLC to 2 from 0, also I put in whatever@sprintpcs.com into User Name. OK - May shutdown and reboot.
    This disabled the HFA for me!
    SlugPro’s SPC Unlock Work around:
    Getting the SPC unlocked was pretty simple, I used the CDMA-WS2.7 reg search way. However, using the three reg keys (018A:9FC3 Or 018A:0190 or 0170:018F) did NOT seem to produce the SPC for me. Until I changed the setting in CDMA to Ram method -(I think)then it produced the code first shot. I don’t remember which one of the three values worked for me though.
    SlugPro’s Provisioning work around:
    You will need to unlock SPC to 000000 –this should go without saying...moving on…
    I had noticed that MIN, MDN, kept defaulting to a 555-555-xXxX number also the SID would change to Sprint’s default. I also would loose my MIN, MDN settings upon *228. Not sure why, but here’s what I did.
    “Does the OTAP provisioning setup the mdn, min, sid, etc.? It should” – However, I wanted to make sure the settings stuck.
    This is what I did to keep the phone from defaulting to 555-555-xXxX and keep the mdn, min, sid in the phone before the OTAP provisioning or activation at the Cricket store.
    ##DATA# goto ADVANCED –Disable the 3 registry files in: Home Sys Reg, FSID Reg, FNID Reg.
    OK – May ask to shutdown and reboot.
    Upon reboot, put the phone in airplane mode.
    Then I re-flashed prl 45513, updated NAM setting to my MDN, MIN, SID, and NID – while phone was in airplane mode.
    ##000000# brings up Manual Programming, Edit, Enter SPC, should be MIN you just flashed click ok, should be MDN you just flashed click ok, phone will shutdown.
    Reboot – disable airplane mode. Phone SHOULD NOT bounce-back provisioning to default 555-555-xXxX.
    I have not had the SID change once, and the MDN and MIN still are current since.
    Slug Pro’s Internet work around:
    There is so much skepticism on the forums whether or not whitrabbit’s Droid NV items would work for this phone...they didnt kill my phone... I changed all data Using QPST. These entries’s seemed to stick. Also a lot of talk about no 3G in certain areas – I have 3G in my area, however seems awful slow.
    SlugPro’s Camera tweak:
    I found that GB 2.3.4 camera didn’t do this camera justice. The camera is actually pretty decent. I installed a third party camera manipulation tool called Vignette.

3G Data Programming Menu:

##DATA#

Data Profile:
    User Name: phonenumber@mycricket.com
    Rev. Tunneling: 1
    HA SPI: 300
    AAA SPI: 2
    Device IP: 0.0.0.0
    Primary HA IP: 0.0.0.0
    Secondary HA IP: 0.0.0.0
    MMSC URL:

http://mms.sprintpcs.com

EVDO:
    DDTM: Off
    HDR Pref: Auto
    Self Care:
    Server URL:
    http://0.0.0.0

Server Proxy IP: 0.0.0.0
    Server Port: 0
    RTSP:
    Proxy Address: wap.mycricket.com
    Proxy Port: 8080
    HTTP PD:
    Proxy Address: wap.mycricket.com
    Proxy Port: 8080
    ADVANCED:
    Vocoder: 8k EVRC RC3
    EVRC-B: Disable
    Slotted Index: 0
    Home NID: 65535
    Home SID: 4973
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 00
    ACCOLC: 0
    Home Sys Reg: Enable
    FSID Reg: Enable
    FNID Reg: Enable
    LBS IP Address and Port: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yyyy

I never did get picture messaging working...but internet worked...hotspot seems to work when it feels like it...

Wish i had time to give you more info on what I did, but honestly I'm going through alot in life right now...sorry.

Thread Information