Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Looking to flash a Samsung Stratosphere 2 (i415) from Verizon to Cricket

I bought a Samsung Stratosphere II (i415) from someone who told me that I could flash it to Cricket. I've gone into a few stores, and some of them have said that they can flash it. However, I'm actually getting quite interested in flashing phones from my searching for information on this phone, and would actually like to do it myself.

From my understanding, it's always been on Verizon. The person I bought it from said that he didn't pay his bill, which is why it has a bad ESN. I've checked on a few sites though, and it seems that the ESN is clear now (which doesn't matter, because I want it on Cricket anyway).

Althought the Stratosphere 2 is a 4TLE phone, I've been told that by flashing it, I can get it to 3G, which is perfectly fine by me.

The nuances of how to get to the hidden menus is scattered over the internet. Some of the commands work for this phone, but other ones that are supposed to work for Samsung phones don't work on this phone.

I already have a Cricket account/number, and from what I understand, I should be able to give them an ESN number, and it shouldn't cost anything. The phone, however, has an IMEI number; when I try to put that in on the website, it says that it's a incorrect number (as in, the site doesn't do anything). I've already tried the full IMEI, and the IMEI without the last digit, both to no avail.

Sorry for the text wall. I just figured here would be the best place to ask, and wanted to list all the information I had. Thanks for giving this a once over.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

google search "IMEI to ESN converter". I don't think cricket offers free ESN changes anymore, but i could be incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by indica View Post
    google search "IMEI to ESN converter". I don't think cricket offers free ESN changes anymore, but i could be incorrect.
    I don't mind the ESN change benig $15 dollars. I'll do that if that's all it will cost to get my phone to use Cricket.

I've done that, and I have the supposed new ESN. I've tried to enter it in on the website, but it still won't accept it, which makes me a little worried about paying someone if they're going to get the same response.

Is that the first step, though? Getting the ESN changed? Or does the flash come first, and then the ESN change?

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeToMoveIt View Post
    I don't mind the ESN change benig $15 dollars. I'll do that if that's all it will cost to get my phone to use Cricket.

I've done that, and I have the supposed new ESN. I've tried to enter it in on the website, but it still won't accept it, which makes me a little worried about paying someone if they're going to get the same response.

Is that the first step, though? Getting the ESN changed? Or does the flash come first, and then the ESN change?
    the first step is probably to flash the phone with the MIN and MDN from your current line, then do the esn change to get the service on the new esn

Okay, that I can do. Any tutorials as to change the MIN and MDN for this phone? Would I use QPST, or should I just google how to change those values for this phone?

I'd like to add, that in QPST, I haven't been able to get the program to recognize the phone. I've tried:

(all versions 2.7)
    Build 215
    Build 355
    Build 366
    Build 378

And this is what I get each time.
    capture_001_24092013_171354.jpg

if its like the original stratosphere, its not going to happen

It's that I've asked about three dealers (over the phone, so maybe they actually can't without me being there) if they can flash "my" phone (and I've spelled out the Samsung Stratosphere II, SCH-I415), and they've all said yes. So, either they were lying to me, or I got hosed in buying this phone.
    Last edited by ILikeToMoveIt; 09-24-2013 at 11:18 PM.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto X and Sammy 4
    Items for Sale

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeToMoveIt View Post
    It's that I've asked about three dealers (over the phone, so maybe they actually can't without me being there) if they can flash "my" phone (and I've spelled out the Samsung Stratosphere II, SCH-I415), and they've all said yes. So, either they were lying to me, or I got hosed in buying this phone.
    use DFS to flash it... you need to follow Galaxy s3 Verizon tutorial mostly

I will see what I can do when I get home in about 5 hours. I have CDMA Tool (DFS) already, but when I tried, it wouldn't read anything on the phone. I'll post a picture or two later, and hopefully someone might be able to help me out from there.

Overall activity: 34.0%

The Stratosphere neither the Droid Charge can be flashed. No if and or buts about it. It has a via chipset in the both of those and cdma ws nor dfs or qpst supports the chipset. They only support Qualcomm. Out of all the VIA chipset phones so far only the Galaxy Nexus can be flashed. I've been flashing phones for a living for years and kind of know what I'm talking about Lol.

Thread Information