Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    Feb 2013

Verizon Galaxy S3 i535 to verizon, help be obi wan.....

Yes the title is correct sort of... I have a Verizon i535 Samsung Galaxy S3 that was flashed to nTelos... that I want back on Verizon.

I purchased this form someone local dirt cheap because the glass was cracked... a $15 fix.... he informed me he had it flashed over to ntelos from Verizon I thought ok no big deal I should be able to fix this back lol.... wow.... what a pain

I have to thank all of you here because after searching over and over I finally found a lot of good information in this forum and have been reading through it all. So again thank you.

My reason for wanting this phone is simple, my work switched us over from AT&T to Verizon and in the process downgraded my phone... I don't have much money so when we did the switch I couldn't afford to buy a better phone, but I recently got my tax refund and wanted to hop on this while I still could.

I can post any and all info needed (some of it I may have a bit of trouble finding but give me a bit I'm still learning).

First I tried restoring everything to stock factory ROMs, then tried some upgraded ones, upgraded the modem, rooted, installed clockwork mod so on and so forth and no luck.

Currently when I dial 611 on the phone I get nTelos support / info, the phone number under phone info is the original owners number. The ESN is good I checked with verizon and they show the phone number has never been activated on thier network... but they couldn't get it activated due to it being flashed for ntelos.

I'm downloading a 3.84GB pack now that has a ton of phone tools and CDMA flashing software in it.

Thank you in advance to anyone able to help me out!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

ODIN file would probably be the easiest. However, you can get CDMA Tool or CDMA Workshop to change the preference back to RUIM vs NV.

You could also put it on CM10.1 and then choose RUIM via the settings. It will get everything off the SIM card vs what was programmed to it.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    Feb 2013

Thank you, I will look in to that next. I have the phone sitting on my desk at work right now. I haven't seen much for odin relating to that but at least I have another direction to look, if not I can try the cyanogen mod and try that!

The theory on this is putting it in RUIM mode will have the phone get the info from a working sim card and push it to the phone, correct? At that point the should the phone be put back NV mode to see if the settings hold once this is done? Trying to make sure the phone fully functions under 4G LTE (part of the reason for me wanting to upgrade, we have tethering in our plan and I use tethering for my tablet to remote in via team viewer to do work and admin stuff in emergencies).

This would prob be easier if I had a fully working sim card form an existing phone, all the ones we use have no sims and the one sim card verizon gave me they couldn't activate in the phone where the phone was setup for ntelos, they said call the mback when I had the phone working to switch it over.

Any which way thank you for your reply, this gives me some new directions to head in to try and get this done. If you happen to know of a file to load up in odin please pass it along! it would help out tremendously!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I had a DNA on both Cricket and Verizon at the same time. Pop the SIM and it would be on Cricket basically. That was with RUIM preferred.

For Verizon and LTE it reads the PRL and subscriber data from the SIM (Ruim). It doesn't really matter what is programmed to the NV items.

Customer Since
    Feb 2013

so in other words if I have a pre-activated and programmed SIM it should theoretically work? hoping I can find someone here @ work that might have one to test with.

didnt have much time to mess with the phone over the weekend or yesterday, so I'm back at it today.

Customer Since
    Feb 2013

just an update:
    I received the replacement glass in last night and replaced it, wanted to make sure I didn't ruin the phone further before I switched it over fully lol.
    in the mean time I have rooted and done a ton of stuff to the phone and have most of the methods down pretty well.... I'm going in to the Verizon store today to try and see if they can take a working SIM and put it in the phone to test with and then from there try to get an active SIM for my phone going since they cant seem to activate over the air.

one note however is I'm disappointed because in the process of rooting I lost the Best Face Feature on the camera app lol... that was a really great feature and I need to try working on getting it back.

Well. You can try touchwiz and switch to RUIM using an app called Phone Info

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Customer Since
    Feb 2013

when I load phone info from the play store it gives me lots of information but does not allow me to change anything it all only takes me to links about the settings and what they are....

maybe I have the wrong app... it is a blue circle with a white i in the middle correct? by frankieu?

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

I should say I tried phone info in the past and that is why I was looking in to installing CM10.1 to try to get this feature (switch to RUIM), I cant seem to find the setting or change anything using phone info...

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

ok found the correct one now since it was pulled form the market, but no option for NV vs RUIM modes still searching.

Customer Since
    Feb 2013

Tried to use a known working Verizon sim today with no luck there is something deeper in this phone preventing it from getting off ntelos on to Verizon

Customer Since
    Feb 2013

someone on the XDA forums pointed me to a thread with someone trying to do the samething except from Cricket back to verizon.

I had to load a odd ROM version 4.0.4 and then the modem to VRLEC. Once I did this I had to take a known active working sim. The only one we had here @ work was a iPhone 5 nano SIM, so I fashioned an adapter for it, popped it in and it activated partially. Then once I could get through the menus I had to dial *2767*3855# which re-provisioned the SIM and did a factory reset.

After this was done I was then able to call Verizon with my regular unactivated SIM in the phone and get the phone activated. HOWEVER this then tied the nano sim from the iPhone 5 to my phone and made it no longer work in the iPhone 5... so I had to run to the Verizon store to get a new SIM for it and re-activate that one.

I am now working on getting 4.1.2 back on to the phone and then will look in to rooting it!

Thank you everyone I hope this info helps someone else out as well!!

Thread Information