Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    eliment

Virgin Mobile Motorola Triumph Full Flash to Cricket????

Ok so my brother has a Motorola Triumph and he overclocked the phone safely to 1.9Ghz and its stable!!! He got as high as 2.2Ghz but it just crashes then..lol.. The phone does very well during the benchmarking tests we did with it, about 2 times better then my Evo so I was wondering if someone could post a tut to flash it to Cricket as I would love to get my hands on it and play around with it Thanks

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Let me see. I did get to play with this phone close to when it first came out. There were rumors that it could be made by Huawei. Not sure if those were ever confirmed or not.

I flashed it and used Droid NV items since the data settings wouldn't stick. It never got 3G if I recall correctly. If anyone could chime in, that would be great.

Oh yeah and when I tried to put it back on Virgin with the stock information, it wouldn't leave 1x either.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

eliment

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Let me see. I did get to play with this phone close to when it first came out. There were rumors that it could be made by Huawei. Not sure if those were ever confirmed or not.

I flashed it and used Droid NV items since the data settings wouldn't stick. It never got 3G if I recall correctly. If anyone could chime in, that would be great.

Oh yeah and when I tried to put it back on Virgin with the stock information, it wouldn't leave 1x either.

Yeah according my brother it is made by Huawei which is a shock to me.. but I got to play around more with it today and I gotta say its a little lighter then the EVO, gets better battery life and its fast....we thru every resource heavy app we could at it and it was handling them without any problems..we ran a couple benchmarks with Quadrant and it scored a blazing 3300 compared to my Evo's 1117..lol..we even installed some Playstation and NES emulators on it and it played the games no problem where as on my Evo the games stutter alot...

I hope someone could chime in and lmk if they ever got it to work..I seen a video on Youtube where this dude used one of those Flashing Software Programs and flashed the triumph to Cricket and said it was a full flash .. **EDIT**FOUND THE VID I WAS TALKING ABOUT!!

Anybody have experience with that software or know anything about it..
    Last edited by eliment; 12-06-2011 at 11:59 PM.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

With the Mercury out now are you still interested in trying this out? I can put together some basic information about flashing the device.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

eliment

Yeah.Please..I can get my hands on one of these more easily then I can get my hands on the Mercury..

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Well since I need the money, I have to get rid of this new in box one. I think what was keeping me from doing it last time was the NV items.

I'll make a tutorial about how to flash the device in theory. It'll include backup instructions for NV items and such. Give me a couple of days.

eliment

Aight I really appreciate it!

nviousrntu2

i found that if u use any cut and create a shortcut chose activity and select "select com port" as activity then you can pick diag mode and that allows diag port for qpst

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

verified this works to get data

eliment

Quote Originally Posted by nviousrntu2 View Post
    i found that if u use any cut and create a shortcut chose activity and select "select com port" as activity then you can pick diag mode and that allows diag port for qpst

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

verified this works to get data
    So u fully flashed a Triumph to cricket?? if so do you have details?

nviousrntu2

yeah ok well not sure about all triumph but the one i got the msl was 000000 so what i did was had a line put on then pressed ##virgin# and programed it with mdn min then after reset i pressed star22804 and ota went threw after that i used wifi downloaded any cut made a shortcut anycut activity "select com port mode" after that opened the short cut selected diag mode made sure in my settings diagnostics was selected as well i allready had drivers installed but if u dont i believe that they come from the phone when u plug it in anyways i used qpst 366 edited the data settings to cricket and im getting 1x used go sms and pic messageing worx. just had the phone like five hours now been working on it the whole time not sure how to make 3g work. i can make it pop up but wont connect some reson almost done

eliment

oh man thats awesome..are you having any issues with any of the qpst data sticking? also are you only using the PRL that was sent OTA to your phone or did you try using another PRL to see if that would help with the 3g?

nviousrntu2

yeah i tried 32100.prl with same result as ota. was thinking maybe the nv edit prog might help um ... when i press *#*#info#*#* and select evdo only it shows 3g but wont let me connect.

eliment

Hmm.. i hope someone else can chime in a offer some suggestions cuz this is one phone I been hoping to get flashed for a while.. I will do some looking around and see if I can find any info to help get the 3g working.. is that the only thing not working on the phone? and you didn't say in your last post but there are no issues with qpst data sticking correct??

nviousrntu2

Quote Originally Posted by eliment View Post
    Hmm.. i hope someone else can chime in a offer some suggestions cuz this is one phone I been hoping to get flashed for a while.. I will do some looking around and see if I can find any info to help get the 3g working.. is that the only thing not working on the phone? and you didn't say in your last post but there are no issues with qpst data sticking correct??
    im sorry im a jerk sometimes
    Last edited by nviousrntu2; 01-24-2012 at 07:51 AM.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States

triumph

Did you try to send nv items?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information