Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by umidunnoy View Post
    i have talk and text on the samsung fascinate but i can not get anything else to work???(web,mms, 3g) i tried these steps over and over with no luck...im using 01042 prl... i dont know what im doing wrong but can someone please help.. im on the 55$ android plan
    Try a better PRL. Let us know.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.

I just want to say the two version method is probably easier but meh.. besides that, does mms work this way?

Edit: apns never worked for me until pwgb rom, I sold one of my fascinate (got gf an epic) and I flashed it using the nv items. The lady broke the data with a 228 while doing their esn change... So they followed me home and I fixed it by flashing nv items and diff prl. Way simple. nv items pwnd me today. AND I got my cousins sprint optimus s data to stick that way. Thx for this simpler method.
    Last edited by akaine2001; 09-30-2011 at 02:19 PM.

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Anyone work on one from Cellular South, aka C Spire ... lmao

I CAN NOT SEEM TO GET 3G WORKING ON THIS........

I'm stuckk

I HAVE A FLASHED SAMSUNG I500 BUT MY 3G DOESN'T WORK, I HAD A $45 PLAN AND IT DID WORK. i CHANGED IT TO $35 AND IT IS STILL SUPPOSE TO HAVE INTERNET BECAUSE IT IS ON MY PLAN BUT IT DOESN'T WORK... AND I DONT WANT TO TAKE IT TO THE STORE BECAUSE THEY TAKE FOEVER, HOW CAN I DO IT MYSELF? DO I HAVE TO GO THROUGH ALL THIS???

Phone
    Verizon S3

re-check your settings in qpst. if you did a re-program(*228) you lost the data settings.
    Last edited by darkmage1991; 11-29-2011 at 03:26 AM.

Customer Since
    Sept 2009
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

Do you think this same tutorial will work on the samsung continuum?

Customer Since
    Sept 2009
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

Just to let you guys all know on here following this tutorial and getting the APN file from the other forum somebody posted on here I was able to FULLY flash the Continuum with Text Talk Web and MMS all working. I actually couldn't figure out how I could activate it on my account without dailing *228 (nobody posted how to do a manual activation) and I did that, lost my 3G so i connected back into qpst and redid the web part, redid the cdma workshop part and bam! everything works. Does anybody know what I would have to do now that its fully flashed if I sell it to somebody for them to use on cricket?

Phone
    Droid Razr

Rlockwich, you would have to re-flash the phone with the users info (min\mdn) ect.

I worked on a Continuum today and failed to get 3g! The customer has text and talk for now and will bring the phone back Monday so I can finish the flash.
    I noticed when I wrote the nv items that only 7 of the 12 were written! That could be the problem?
    I'll post back after I figure it out.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

When writing Droid NV items to a Samsung Galaxy phone in my experience, you'll only get 7 of 12 to write. This is not the recommended method, but for me it's worked many a times.

Writing anything in addition with QPST can cause the settings to revert. I set everything up the way I want it in QPST and then use CDMA WS to send the NV items.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    Droid Razr

Got the phone back today. Did a factory reset and re-flashed, still no 3g. I've tried at least 5 known good prls's
    Anybody have other recommendations for data on the continuum?
    I'm using QPST 2.7 build 348 and CDMA WS 3.5

Customer Since
    Sept 2009
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

Hey HL45 I did a FULL flash today for a Samsung Continuum on Cricket. I used the PRL file 35568 which is the first PRL file on the main prl thread. Good luck maybe try that.

Phone
    Droid Razr

Quote Originally Posted by RLockwich View Post
    Hey HL45 I did a FULL flash today for a Samsung Continuum on Cricket. I used the PRL file 35568 which is the first PRL file on the main prl thread. Good luck maybe try that.
    Thanks!!! It worked!! It's gonna be a great day lol.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    MMS

You will need APN Backup and Restore from the Market. We'll also include this on the bottom of the thread.

Copy the APN data below and place it in a text file. You will need to modify the phone number and put yours in it. Use notepad. Save this file onto your phone's SDCard under a folder called "apnbackuprestore".

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
    <apns count="1">
    <apn name="CDMA-MMS" numeric="310012" mcc="310" mnc="012" apn="mms" user="YOURPHONENUMBER@mycricket.com" server="wap.mycricket.com" password="cricket" proxy="" port="" mmsproxy="" mmsport="8080" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="
    http://mms.mycricket.com/mycricket/mms

" type="mms" />
    </apns>

Open up APN Backup and Restore on your phone. Note that the SDCard has to be mounted so unplug it from your computer.

We deleted all the APNs and then went to restore APNs. Select the file you just placed there.

We fixed our MMS and have updated this thread. We used the attached MMS.apk. Place this in /system/app. A good way to do this is with the program RootExplorer. It's available in the Market. Rename the old mms.apk > mms.apk.bak. Copy and paste the new MMS.apk from your SDCard and place it here.

Everything worked with the $55, but you can try your hand with the $45 if you want. Please post results.
    OK, If you use the mms.apk placed in /system/app then you don't need to use apn backup and restore? and do you have to edit mms.apk with the MDN like you do in the apn?

Customer Since
    Sept 2009
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

Honestly for me, I didn't even have to do that. I installed the apnbackuprestore.apk to the phone. placed the .xml file on the sd card, went to restore apn in the apk and it worked. The APN the tutorial on here uses didn't work for me, so i had to create a new notpad file (right click on desktop and click NEW - Text Documetn) once that opens paste in :

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?> <apns count="1"> <apn name="Cricket" numeric="310012" mcc="310" mnc="012" apn="internet" user="XXXXXXXXXX@mycricket.com " server="*" password="cricket" proxy="null" port="null" mmsproxy="null" mmsport="8080" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms?x-cricket-mdn=XXX_XXX_XXXX" type="null" /> </apns>

Replace two parts of X's XXXXXXXXXX@mycricket.com and -mdn=XXX_XXX_XXXX" type= with your MDN. After pasting this into your new notepad document, Click file, save as, save it to your desktop and for the file name, title it whatever you want but ADD at the end of the file name " .xml " make sure after you save it that the icon shows a little earth in the icon. and when it saves it will be ready for your phone to recieve it. put the xml file onto your phones root of sd card, open up apnbackuprestore and restore it with the file you just made.
    Last edited by RLockwich; 12-06-2011 at 02:02 PM.

Please help me first time doing this and i am confused.

Phone
    Droid Razr

Quote Originally Posted by shalenab30 View Post
    Please help me first time doing this and i am confused.
    what have you done? or do you have a specific question?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information