Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Hello do you guys think I can activate this phone uinder a $35 plan?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%

I find the phone in QPST Configuration, I "Read from Phone" in Service Programming, I select the PRL I downloaded in "Roam", when I "Write to Phone" the phone immediately reboots, and it seems nothing gets written to the phone.

I tried doing the data stuff and the same thing happens; immediate reboot, nothing written to phone.

HALP!

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Ok, I lied, it seems that the data part was written to the phone. I don't know how to check if the PRL was, but I am now assuming it was.

However, I have no 3G icon

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Ok, looking more closely, the PPP Config User ID is not getting updated. I've redone it 5 times, and it keeps reverting back to the tendigitnumber@vzw3g.com, on both the Um, and AN tabs.

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

Can't get the 3G icon

If you want to full flash to phone and you want to change ppp config the best way just download qpst 215 and change ppp config after that use qpst 366 for mip

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by samsam22 View Post
    If you want to full flash to phone and you want to change ppp config the best way just download qpst 215 and change ppp config after that use qpst 366 for mip
    I remember seeing this on another writeup. It's suppose to work, but I never had any luck with it. Also you can only have one version of QPST installed on a machine at one time. For a person that flashes phones every now and then, it will probably get annoying. Sending NV items works and most people have QPST/CDMA WS installed already.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    I remember seeing this on another writeup. It's suppose to work, but I never had any luck with it. Also you can only have one version of QPST installed on a machine at one time. For a person that flashes phones every now and then, it will probably get annoying. Sending NV items works and most people have QPST/CDMA WS installed already.

All the write up's I've found are for CDMA 2.7 and that version will no longer work for me. I don't think it's just me but would like to know. The new version "demo" is completely rearranged and won't work for the tutorial. Anyone have this problem or solutions/suggestions?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

NV item sender from CDMA Ware should perform the functions required. It's free and available at their website.

CDMA Workshop. CDMA Service Software / ESN and MEID changer, SPC unlocker..

Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    NV item sender from CDMA Ware should perform the functions required. It's free and available at their website.

CDMA Workshop. CDMA Service Software / ESN and MEID changer, SPC unlocker..

Thank you! Downloading now...

Overall activity: 3.0%

Doesnt work for me either .

multiple roms, multiple installs of qpst versions, cdma workshop ..etc

the only thing i see that can help would be when the NV items get wrote to phone.. problem is it doesnt contain the rest of the settings that need to be changed.

Qpst can change some settings. and when writing NV the phone cannot be wrote to again without settings reverting. . so either there needs to be a way to get settings to stick or NV list needs to be updated fully ..

Samsung has been a pain in the ass.. never buy one again due to custom rom issues every where you turn ...

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by dedwardk View Post
    Doesnt work for me either .

multiple roms, multiple installs of qpst versions, cdma workshop ..etc

the only thing i see that can help would be when the NV items get wrote to phone.. problem is it doesnt contain the rest of the settings that need to be changed.

Qpst can change some settings. and when writing NV the phone cannot be wrote to again without settings reverting. . so either there needs to be a way to get settings to stick or NV list needs to be updated fully ..

Samsung has been a pain in the ass.. never buy one again due to custom rom issues every where you turn ...
    Have tried to write the nv item first. Reboot. Use qpst to change settings. Reboot.

I think it the last tab, bottom right section, read ruim and change nv. Reboot. Write nv items. Reboot. Use qpst. Reboot.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Make sure you are writing APNs first, I have found that writing the APN after programming the phone causes the settings to revert back to Verizon on this particular device.

Quote Originally Posted by avillal87 View Post
    Have tried to write the nv item first. Reboot. Use qpst to change settings. Reboot.

I think it the last tab, bottom right section, read ruim and change nv. Reboot. Write nv items. Reboot. Use qpst. Reboot.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    i finally got it to work !!

here are a couple things that worked for me and my suggestions for those who cant get the guide to work.

Either open cdma workshop and write prl and then NV (dont know if it matters if you do NV then PRL didnt try that). Notice the phone doesnt re-boot after writes with cdmaworkshop <--- thats important to know ..Then go into QPST and open service programming. Click ok to select your phone . BUT DO NOT READ AT ALL FROM IT.. leave it all blank then go to the PPP, MIP, etc and enter your settings that the guide suggest. Then wrtie to phone. After that dont read or from it again .. My phone settings always reverted back.

I used anycut to look at APN's and changed everything again to make sure (EXCEPT MCC or MNC as APN will auto delete after a save). I noticed that there is a setting that always reverts no matter what back to verizons @vxXXXX . I also used ##DATA# with SPC being 500667 this time instead of 000000 . I changed all settings under MMS also noticed a setting in there that wont change. But those two that didnt change had no affect on it working for me.

PRL is important also. I used 35713 cricket prl and it worked fine for me. I tried a few others one of them being 45534 cricket prl from a samsung vitality with no luck.

Another note is (from a video i seen also ) the check box for 1x EVDO in QPST is reccomended to check. I got different results after writing both ways . I noticed if i check that box it would not get 3g. Un-checking it gave me 3g.
    Now i also tried those same things to my vitality and it had no affect either way. So its def a crap shoot. After days and days of changing roms and failed qpst/cdma attempts i finally got it working !!

Bought this phone for 100 on craigslist for my girlfirend. Told her i was gonna flash it up for her. I honestly believe after a few days she lost hope .. But she is def happy now to have a nicer phone on cricket. We even get to laugh about it now. She gave up and told me to just leave verizons rom on it. Funny thing is its a us cellular phone on cricket service ... I just told her thats the real 3g sh!7 right there .. 3 for cricket, verizon, us-cellular and g for being so G ... Just have to sign up another gmail for her and she can have three numbers (one cricket and two gmail numbers).. can tell everyone she can call them from each network

Nice phone though !! def want to upgrade my piece of crap vitality. Looking for the X2 or EVO 4g.

Quote Originally Posted by edpadilla90 View Post
    Hello do you guys think I can activate this phone uinder a $35 plan?
    i suppose it would be possible to put it on that plan .. only get talk and text ...no internet or mms

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by zyrtek69 View Post
    EDIT: ok so after some more searching i found out that if you dial **33284 and input 000000 scroll down to dial up>on then i was able to see the phone in qpst,, so i finally have a fully flashed fascinate. also when you are done with flashing you must **33284 and turn dial up off so that your fone will resume any kind of data services.
    this should be included in the tutorial was having the same issue
    thank you sir!!

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    Dec, 2009
    Phone
    Huawei M886

Samsung SCH i500 from US Cellular, can It be flash as well? or just verizon version

Serious issues here. For a few weeks the phone worked fine then it started getting fc's all the time so I wiped and reflashed. I didn't restore any data and from there the phones data connection started going on and off. So I tried flashing him over to cm7 rom. This didn't take due to the version of cw I guess and after using cow 3.1, 4 and 5 I can only get cm7 to flash not the gapps and the phone will no longer connect to data or even wifi. Catlog is showing a caused by error of Java.net.connect exception: /74.125.239.1:443 - connection refused.

What do I need to do to get this phone working as it was/should. I have 5 epic4g's running cricket android fine and 3 ns4g's. Why is this fascinate such a PITA!!!!

edit - here is a link to a pastebin of the acutal logcat error (
    jaronow - Pastebin.com

) . i want this out of my hair, never have i had a phone give me such a headache since my first cricket flash 10 years ago. I plan on coaching people to stay the F away from Samsung forever!!!!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by jaronow; 07-25-2012 at 03:39 AM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information