Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Verizon S3

MMS on miui/cm7/omfgb

so i was able to get internet, calling, and text working on miui so far but couldnt get mms to work. i tried the gosms method but when it sends the picture mesage the other person gets it but it shows a email link of some kind gosms @ blah blah blah. so i cant use gosms. just wanna ask really if anyone has a fix for mms on aosp roms?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    Verizon S3

ok nvm about mms on the aosp roms, im just focusing on touchwize based rom, but i still cant get mms to send or recieve and i tried every apn i could possibly try...

i have replaced the stock mms app with the modified one, i was going to replace the telephony.db file but could not find it. but i decompiled the framwork-res apk and found another apns.xml file in there i edited it and tried replacing old apk with the newely signed and compiled apk. the dang phone wont boot if you mess wit the apn.xm file in it.

so im out of ideas. i have no clue why my mms wont work. i have got everything fully working on the desire, eris, and incredible, why the heck does this samsung have to be so difficult...

any idea's or help would be much appreciated.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Not all ROMs have the telephony.db from what I've seen. There is probably a method to that madness but anyways. Try the "universal Go SMS" solution that was posted here:

http://www.cricketusers.com/flashing...id-phones.html
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    Verizon S3

i did try the gosms method, the reciever of my message only receives a link to the pic i sent, it is received in the form of this - http:gosms.en.3g.cn/D?f=LONGLISTOFLETTERS

but here is what my plan consists of, my pic messaging was working just fine on the desire before i switched to the fascinate. so i dont think its the plan but maybe the plan needs refreshed or reprovisioned or whatever.

VMail,Call ID,Call Waiting,3 Way Bundle-4FF (I)
    Unlimited Anytime Minutes-TOL (I)
    Unlimited Long Distance-LD2 (I)
    Games and Apps DAT-DAX (I)
    Free Unlimited Directory Assistance-UDF (I)
    Max Data Speed 3G-TS3 (I)
    Call Forwarding-CF0
    Picture/Video/Text Messaging-ZMM
    Unlimited International Text-FIT
    Free WAP-WP0
    Nationwide Coverage-RUN

Phone
    Verizon S3

update, i tried to access the mms provisioning in the hidden menu, when i enter the code(the lock is nothing) it just crashes

just wanna let people know the mms provisioning is nothing dont even try to get in it.

Phone
    Verizon S3

hmm, so the mms provisioning crashing was due to me editing the telephony file in dbdata i guess its bad to do that =P but i did a fresh instal of com rom and the mms reprovision opened just fine, but its just a apn editor =(

but i had my account reprovisioned/refreshed and i can send pics but not receive, thats better than not being able to send (not sure if its the new rom or the refresh on the account that did it)

but something i notice, the internal setting somewhere in this phone has the mnc/mcc set for 310012 and thats not the right numeric for my area mine is 310016, will this be the cause of not being able to receive?

Phone
    Verizon S3

just wanna let anyone who wants gingerbread, PWGB 2.0b3 works flawlessly on cricket, only thing needed to get it working is apn edit and use whatever method for internet you would like.

Try this

how do u do apn edit on GB on this phone? i always did mine on 2.1 or com rom with the dun settings ... its easiest that way, since u have to use the two versions of qpst. this was my first phone i flashed. i now do it as my business. i've done around 20-30 phones just off cl ads and backpage... handing out cards, placing them locally etc... i still haven't got mms working on this phone, i just gave up cuz i never use mms anyways i just email since i can send more pics faster (non-tech peeps... MMS laf...) but the go sms method works on other phones. on evos, its just a matter of flashing cricket web mms zip and its good to go. i haven't flashed that on this phone, maybe that will fix it? it can't break anything since this phone is like unbrickable thx to odin..

try flashing cricket web mms from the evo guide on lovelysms (google- full flash evo cricket lovelysms)

Phone
    Verizon S3

download anycut, and make a shortcut to mms provisioning and edit the apn settings in there (note: one setting will keep reverting back to @verizon but its ok)

Update, I'm on pwgb now. Was using the cm7 massaint rom for non verizon users but phantom rings every day was too much I had to get agb that works, better than froyo, but works all the way, not heavily bugged, etc...

Thread Information