Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Process question

Reading the sticky on how to flash the Fascinate to Cricket, how do I get a cricket number to put into the phone?
    Better, how do I get on the $55 android plan with my ESN or how do I get mine, blacklisted, changed?

For now Im stuck.

I got the software mentione, can see the phone in Win 7, but donno how to get a cricket number to plug in.
    Seem's like a chicken or the egg situation for now.

Thanks for any help in advance.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone Whore(;
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 5

If you become a supporting member of the forum you can get free ESN changes and if you go to Cricket and pay the pro-rated amount, you can also get plan changes.
    *Please PM me ONLY if you have posted in the forum, and I have not replied. Thank you.*

Wanna know how I became a SuperMod?? I got engaged to the creator of the site. (;

Find devices to flash to Cricket here (refine the search to find the phone model you desire).
    Feel free to donate so we can get more devices to write tutorials on!
    GreenK45 - Automatic proxy setup (u2nl/autostart) for Android flashed phone users on the $45 plan. Now available on the Android Market!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Let me backup even further. Are you currently with Cricket? If so what phone and plan do you have? Also what market are you in (geographic location)?

Thanks.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Let me backup even further. Are you currently with Cricket? If so what phone and plan do you have? Also what market are you in (geographic location)?

Thanks.
    That is why I posted, no I do not have a Cricket account. I'm in the MD/VA/DC area. Cricket stores are almost everywhere here. The plan was to flash the phone, then get an account, but that seems to be the catch 22.
    Going to local places have proven fruitless, they will not flash the phone over.
    Apparently I need to get a Chricket account, buy their phone, then flash Samsung Fascinate, then add that number, then ask for the $55 android plan?
    or there some other step needed?

Phone
    EVO 4G

Quote Originally Posted by Jesgrew View Post
    That is why I posted, no I do not have a Cricket account. I'm in the MD/VA/DC area. Cricket stores are almost everywhere here. The plan was to flash the phone, then get an account, but that seems to be the catch 22.
    Going to local places have proven fruitless, they will not flash the phone over.
    Apparently I need to get a Chricket account, buy their phone, then flash Samsung Fascinate, then add that number, then ask for the $55 android plan?
    or there some other step needed?
    Try this: call into Cricket cust service and hit the option to activate a phone or become a customer, etc. You will be asked to punch in your esn number and then be told to ensure you are ready to pay today. Once you do that, you should be taken to a live rep. Just tell them you are activating a line, they will reverify your esn number. Tell them you have a flashed phone, they will tell you it may not work, say ok, make the payment to activate(first months service + maybe $15 activation fee << I didn't pay this).

IMPORTANT- get your new phone number(MDN) and the MIN number from them. Hang up and then go check out the Fascinate tutorials to flash your phone. Once your phone is flashed, if you want to make any additional plan changes to your Cricket account, use this forum's contact us link to do it. They are much more knowledgeable than Cricket support and don't question every move you want to make on your account. + you are dealing with someone stateside that understands what you want/need.

Your phone does not have to be flashed already to become a Cricket member(just tell them it is). The only way calling in to Cricket customer service does not work I believe is if you are in a triband area or roaming area.

I'm sure the Cricket dealers in here will correct me on any of this if I'm wrong, but I did all of the above and it worked.
    Last edited by ksechrest; 08-05-2011 at 11:04 AM.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Good post ksechrest. I like a lot of the points you covered.

That area is a tri band area. You could insist that it's an M865 (Ascend 2) if they give you any hassles. Sometimes you have to think ahead and simplify the process for them.

Worse case scenario is that you get a line of service with whatever phone and get the ESN and plan changed after that.

Since it is a tri band area, you will find much interest in using the hybrid PRLs.

It is unlikely that you will want to purchase an account online, but if you do please use the following link:
    http://gan.doubleclick.net/gan_click...00000000375461

Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 08-05-2011 at 11:56 AM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

after flash i cany get the 3g logo or web or mms

i have talk and text on the samsung fascinate but i can not get anything else to work???i tried these steps over and over with no luck...im using 01042 prl... i dont know what im doing wrong but can someone please help.. im on the 55$ android plan

lyrical1278

Tell you what I had to do.

Since I live in Chicago (tri band area) none of the corporate stores would activate for me. Went to a Cricket dealer (mom and pop) and they didn't know what I was talking about so I purchased the cheapest phone they had and activated service for that phone. At this time, I had an Evo so I hit Chris up who told me about becoming a premium member, became one, and had my Evo's ESN switched over.

Recently I got ahold of a Fascinate, sold my Evo to my cousin, flashed the fascinate for Cricket, and contacted Chris again to get my Fascinate switched over. Now, I will tell you flat out, as far as I know, the ESN on the Fascinate is dirty (due to non payment of bill by the original owner) so I was fine with that.

Flashing the Fascinate using QPST and CDMA programs is the easy part. The tough part was getting my MMS working. I did some more googling and found various guides, combined the information from those guides and found out about the hidden menu in the fascinate, changed those settings (unfortunately, once you leave out of the MMS provisioning section of the hidden menus, one of the settings will revert back to the Verizon settings instantly basically it will keep your cricket number, but it will give it a verizon email address) So I can receive MMS messages, but can't send em out.

Which lead me to trying to find out about debranding the phone. Unfortunately, Samsung offers unbranded firmware for every galaxy phone BUT the Epic and the Fascinate. The Telus version of the Fascinate has unbranded firmware, but I'm not about to flash that NOT knowing what is in store if I do and , from reading through XDA forums, there is some sort of differences between the two phones and I don't want to run into any further unforseen issues. So I am fine with only receiving MMS since people send me MMS but I have never had any intention of sending them myself.

Installed Evil Fascinate with the latest PBJ kernel and my phone has pretty good battery life. Since I work two different jobs and both of them put me in positions to be able to charge my phone for no less than an hour at a time (one is a field tech about 2 days a week and the other job is a Billing/Technical Support position that is stationary), battery life isn't that much of an issue for me as much as it might be to some. Longest I have went without plugging my phone in was around 10 hours, but I'm one of those, if I'm not listening to music, my phone isn't really in use.

Thread Information