Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 2.0%

Ascend 2 stuck on white logo screen, can't reset, please help!

I'm hoping someone can please help me. I've had my Ascend 2 (M865) for about a year now and it has always worked fine, with the exception of rebooting itself on occasion.
    I have never dropped it or gotten it wet, it still looks like the day i bought it. Today at work, I had it plugged in to the USB cable charging while I was at work. I looked down and saw the white huawei screen and figured it was doing the reboot thing again. But it never went past the white screen. I've searched google and tried taking out the battery for awhile, no luck. I did manage to get the recover screen to come up twice, but there is an error message saying step 1/2, "firmware update failed"
    I tried holding the volume up button and holding the power button, but that wouldn't bring up the recovery screen, but I read online that if you hold the volume up and down in at the same time and hold the power button that it brings up the recovery screen, which it did, but it failed. My memory card isn't full.
    Now when I plug in the USB cable, the green charging light doesn't light up. I don't have insurance on the phone, and I can't afford a new phone right now.
    Has anyone had this issue and fixed it. My phone is past the 1 year warranty, so I doubt Cricket is going to help me. As soon as I can afford it which will be at least a month I plan on switching to another carrier. Cricket support has been horrible.
    Please help me if you can, it will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

I forgot to add, My phone is running 2.3.3 stock, it is not rooted or modified from stock if that makes any difference. I'm praying I'm holding a dead phone in my hands. I'm not happy with Cricket or Huawei at this moment. If my phone is past the 1 year warranty, will a corporate store be able to help me? Can they do a factory reset to the phone in the store?

2. Remove this advertisement.

After everything I've been reading, I'm really sad that I bought this phone, it seems like I'm not the only one who has had major problems with it. Not to mention, Cricket's support is less than a joke. You can't email them, they don't have a live chat on their site and the phone support is horrible. And the fact there are only a few corporate stores, yet they have resellers everywhere who sell Cricket plans and phones, but are only there to take your money and offer no help or tech support. I'd have to say Cricket is the biggest joke of a wireless provider. T-Mobile's new $50 prepaid 4G plan is looking better and better.. I think even Boost would be a better choice. I hope that everyone on Cricket ends up leaving for a better company. There is so little info and support for Cricket phones, this site is the only one of any value and Cricket doesn't even support this site, why can't they at least have a forum? It's 2012 for god sakes, how can they get away with the lack of support and help? Utterly disgusted.. The web is filled with info about how bad Cricket is, way more bad than good.. That's not how it should be..

Not sure if it would be worth it to fix it since new ones are on sale for $69.99. if it over the 1 year period they would not be able to do an exchange anyway. Have you try taking it to a repair shop to see if they can reload the firmware. You are right most prepaid company cut back on support to keep cost down.

Well, I just went to the corporate Cricket store, and I returned home with a smile on my face. They tried to do a factory reset on my phone, and no dice. They said it was done. My phone wasn't under warranty anymore and I didn't have insurance.
    But... The girl working there was very sweet and nice to me, and she felt bad for me.
    She asked me, can you afford $20 today for new phone? I said yes, and she went to the back and came out with a brand new Ascend 2 in the box. I was blown away.
    Needless to say, i left very happy and pleased. I guess it does pay to be nice and not take a bad attitude when you're angry about things like this.. Thank you "girl" in the corporate store for my new (working) Ascend 2..

WOW! That's one of those amazing and believable situations that occasionally does happen. The chances of being that person with a bricked phone and going to a non-corporate cricket store that happens to have the same phone u need in working condition for only $20. It just boggles my mind. Glad to hear u got that!

Thread Information