Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Ascend II

Ascend 2 volume rocker falling out

My Wife hasnt had her phone a week and just noticed the volume rocker is gone. Phone hasnt been dropped or anything. Could have been gone when she got it. any one else have a problem like that

2. Remove this advertisement.

I haven't heard of that. Since she just got it I'd recommend taking it back to the store.

Phone
    Ascend II

I tryed to take it back to the store i got it form(authorized dealer) said to take it back to corp cricket store and he wouldnt replace it . so i call them they said they wouldnt do a warranty exchange since a piece of the phone was missing. so i guess im out of luck.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Hopefully if anyone else has problems, they will chime in.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

they should've replace your phone.

Phone
    Ascend II

im still fighting with them. they said there was no way to tell if it fell out from factory or if we lost the part.. they do this crap after i just spent $450 on two new phones and first month of service

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Try a different corp store.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Try a different corp store.
    I don't see why people should need to be running around to different corporate stores.

Are they supposed to replace the device or not?

If so, I think they should go back to their first corporate store and fight it.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    I don't see why people should need to be running around to different corporate stores.

Are they supposed to replace the device or not?

If so, I think they should go back to their first corporate store and fight it.
    I agree it should be replaced. The reason I suggested a different store is sometimes the attitude of the reps for this sort of thing is actually the attitude of the person in charge.They could go back to the same store and escalate it to a manager certainly. It may not however help. A different store altogether may have a different attitude and may be more willing to help.
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

I agree it should be replaced. The reason I suggested a different store is sometimes the attitude of the reps for this sort of thing is actually the attitude of the person in charge.They could go back to the same store and escalate it to a manager certainly. It may not however help. A different store altogether may have a different attitude and may be more willing to help.
    That's not right. Isn't there some type of protocol that needs to be followed?

If it should be replaced, it should be replaced. It shouldn't be based off of the attitude of the representatives. In that case it looks like they need new staff.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

<reaches into fantasy land and grabs avenue by the shirt collar, pulls him into the real world>
    Have you ever been to a corporate store for a warranty issue? Their job is not to help in many cases but to minimize the money spent by the store. Cricket might argue this and they should, but the reality is many times they will do whatever it takes to make it the customers fault and not replace the phone. That may be the rep or the manager or both and not Cricket per se.
    I agree with you completely, but having worked in a corp store and been trained on these sort of things, I am making real world suggestions. Wanting it to be different doesnt make it so. Sorry.
    As a corp rep I would have replaced it if the phone otherwise looked perfect. I would have asumed that the rocker fell out because the phone would be blemished in some fashion if it had been dropped or whatever. Customer has got to find the rep who sees it that way, unfortunately.

All in good fun with the fantasy land bit.

<reaches into fantasy land and grabs avenue by the shirt collar, pulls him into the real world>
    Have you ever been to a corporate store for a warranty issue? Their job is not to help in many cases but to minimize the money spent by the store. Cricket might argue this and they should, but the reality is many times they will do whatever it takes to make it the customers fault and not replace the phone. That may be the rep or the manager or both and not Cricket per se.
    I agree with you completely, but having worked in a corp store and been trained on these sort of things, I am making real world suggestions. Wanting it to be different doesnt make it so. Sorry.
    As a corp rep I would have replaced it if the phone otherwise looked perfect. I would have asumed that the rocker fell out because the phone would be blemished in some fashion if it had been dropped or whatever. Customer has got to find the rep who sees it that way, unfortunately.

All in good fun with the fantasy land bit.
    Thanks for bringing me into the real world, Woof.

I was thinking everyone that worked at a corporate store got paid the same amount of money each year regardless of how many returns or warranty exchanges they've done. I guess not? Do the managers get paid less if they exchange a lot of phones?

If a customer brings in a phone and it's under warranty, does the customer need to pay anything? What if they've had it for 6 months, but it's still covered under the year warranty?

Phone
    Ascend II

Ok SO update. wife went to corp store talked to manager. manager said phone looks brand new no blemishes or any physical damage. Still cannot replace it because if a piece is missing from the phone it voids the 1 yr warranty. told her to go back to the reseller to replace phone so shes heading there right now. we will see what he has to say

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Reps and managers are bonused on various metrics. Not sure what if any effect warranties have on that.
    Warranty exchanges are typically done free of charge at the manager's discretion up to the first 30 days of ownership. Some stores will do it free the first week and $10 for the rest of that first month. The manager makes the call. After that there is a $20 fee for exchanges done in the store for the remainder of the 1 year warranty period. This fee is to cover the shipping and handling you would pay if you sent it in to the manufacturer yourself.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by stubb1986 View Post
    Ok SO update. wife went to corp store talked to manager. manager said phone looks brand new no blemishes or any physical damage. Still cannot replace it because if a piece is missing from the phone it voids the 1 yr warranty. told her to go back to the reseller to replace phone so shes heading there right now. we will see what he has to say
    I still say try another store.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information