Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I'm getting that exception error as well. I believe I have all the frameworks installed, as I went to install 3.5 and it asked me to recover or remove, and version 4 said it as well, i repaired for good measures. running the program as an administrator on vista sp1.
    in addition, when I try to boot my phone into recovery (this was before I even attempted this root) it just brought me into an update screen and said failure. it does it every time I try to boot into recovery mode, dload folder or not..

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by spades View Post
    I'm getting that exception error as well. I believe I have all the frameworks installed, as I went to install 3.5 and it asked me to recover or remove, and version 4 said it as well, i repaired for good measures. running the program as an administrator on vista sp1.
    in addition, when I try to boot my phone into recovery (this was before I even attempted this root) it just brought me into an update screen and said failure. it does it every time I try to boot into recovery mode, dload folder or not..

Ok, are you on 2.3.3 already? if you are then just put the update.zip i attached to the root of your sdcard. (dont extract)

Enter recovery(hold volume up +power until recovery screen shows) and pick install from zip

once it reboots you shall be rooted.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by oriax123; 11-29-2011 at 11:41 AM.

this may sound kind of noobish. im at the recovery screen, how do I navigate ? i dont want to press anything else and screw something up.

nevermind. up and down button to nav and power to open. for anyone else who needs it.

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

this may sound kind of noobish. im at the recovery screen, how do I navigate ? i dont want to press anything else and screw something up.
    press the volume up and down to navigate, power to select ^^

Quote Originally Posted by oriax123 View Post
    Install what's in the attachment
    First the netframework, then root tool.
    You can also google the .net framework and download it from Microsoft.

, if you can't install .netframework then a workaround is just going to c:/programs/oriax123/ascend root tool/ and manually run the root.

Sent from my Thunderbolt 4G using Tapatalk

Worked like a charm, thanks!! But I just thought about something.. Making a video would be the greatest help of all. I did alot of try and error and lucky it worked.

I seen that after you got it down to 2.3.3 and you have put the update.zip file on the main menu if the "power+volume button" fails to update (like mine did). All you have to do is go into the phones setting->Storage->Software Update. it automatically recognize the file and updates. GOOOD LUCK!

okay cool, everything worked . thank you for the quick responses.so besides a cool new looking icon and new menu what other kinds of advantages does this have ?

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by korede View Post
    Worked like a charm, thanks!! But I just thought about something.. Making a video would be the greatest help of all. I did alot of try and error and lucky it worked.

I seen that after you got it down to 2.3.3 and you have put the update.zip file on the main menu if the "power+volume button" fails to update (like mine did). All you have to do is go into the phones setting->Storage->Software Update. it automatically recognize the file and updates. GOOOD LUCK!
    Glad it helps ^^ and ill make a vid of everything i make once i get another pc or if someone wants to make them ill post them on the first post ill add the (storage/update) to the front page with credits to you letting us know ^^

okay I kind of googled around. seems that rooting is just only the beginning of whats possible now. thanks again for everything man, and props on all your contributions to the open source community

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

okay cool, everything worked . thank you for the quick responses.so besides a cool new looking icon and new menu what other kinds of advantages does this have ?
    Of being rooted? lol well you can install wifi tether(if it doesnt already have it) Delete Bloatware(cricket stuff if its a annoyance) us titanium backup(make backups,name says it all lol) basically make the device how YOU want it

Glad i can help lol

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

updated first post

it just keeps telling my that my zip is invailid on my computer even though i am on .net framework 4

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by strictbiztodd View Post
    it just keeps telling my that my zip is invailid on my computer even though i am on .net framework 4
    The attachment? Use winrar(google) to extract it.

Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

Thanks man everything worked like a charm

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by strictbiztodd View Post
    Thanks man everything worked like a charm
    Glad it worked for you ^^

Greetings fellow Texan! I decided to try this whole rooting thing last night. I spent the good part of the day on and off reading different guides and watching videos on the subject - This is my first android phone. I was given the Ascend 1 but never activated it because I was content with my TXTM8 3G - I gave my Ascend to my daughter so she can use as a music storage device. Then I dropped my TXTM8 and upgraded to Ascend2 - which brings me to today. Around 5:30am this morning I successfully reverted from 2.3.5 back to 2.3.3

Just wanted to extend a huuuuuge THANK YOU to you for this write up. If not for folks like you, I would be lost when it comes to all of this.

Though I have had no luck at all actually ROOTING the phone, I at the very least got it back to 2.3.3! I have tried to root with Z4, but I can get as far as installing and hitting the root button before it just closes and does not root.

I have since deleted that, and am starting over from point 1 - which is from 2.3.3 - I am going to read through this thread again and see what gives. Just wanted to say a total noob here just made some progress thanks to you.
    Last edited by Beer_And_Loathing; 12-05-2011 at 05:47 PM.

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Glad it helps ^^ and welcome, for rooting you can go to "programs/oriax123/ascend tool/" and copy the update.zip there to your sdcard. Then you can go to settings/storage/ and update from sdcard. ^^ hope it helps

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information