Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by sinisterskin View Post
    i dont know if im really stupid...but i cant figure out how to root this. i get how to downgrade, im running 2.3.3, but what do i do now? when i posh the root button on the program it says "flash to root" what does this mean?
    Sorry busy but
    Go to my computer, local disk, /programs/oriax123/ascend/ and copy the. Zip folder to your sdcard. Then with your phone off and hold both volume buttons and power until it says updating. Once reboots it'll be rooted. Hope it helps.

Sent from my Thunderbolt 4G using Tapatalk
    Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

2. Remove this advertisement.

i get stuck on a purple screen when i do this???? any help???

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pappa View Post
    i get stuck on a purple screen when i do this???? any help???
    Look through the posts, i think I added a quick mini guide somewhere here

Sent from my Thunderbolt 4G using Tapatalk

or about 6 hours looking through every mini guide, every guide and everything really, ive followed all the steps but everytime i try to downgrade to 2.3.3, with the "dload" and hold vol up+ voldown+ power it just goes purple and goes nowhere, is this a futile effort??

I just downgraded my phone perfectly fine and then rooted it. Download this file
    Flash your M865 Ascend II back to Stock - PlayfulDroidz Wiki

then extract "dload" to your sd card then (for android ascend 2) turn off your phone then hold power+volume up+volume down at the same time.

ok thank u for ur help i was just wondering if u could help me in something ok im new in this android thing and i did all the steps i downgrade to 2.3.3 check i turn off the phone went to safe mode and instal update. check and now what do i do is my phone already root or am i missing something can u please help and another thing do u know any free root programs were i could delete the game uno and another app that will try to free some ram thank u for ur time and two thumbs up keep the good work

@texastwista "what do i do is my phone already root or am i missing something can u please help"

Go to your application menu on the home screen (the button that shows all your applications on the phone) and look for an application named "SuperUser" it automatically puts "superuser" in your applications.

"do u know any free root programs were i could delete the game uno and another app that will try to free some ram"

There is a free program called Titanium Backup which allows you to delete, backup, and/or freeze running stock applications. You cannot delete with the backup though, you have to have Titanium Backup Pro which costs money. Now, you can do what I did and download a application called "Easy Installer" that allows other applications that you put on your SD card to install without paying. Just install it then google "Titanium Backup Pro.apk" and download it then move it to your SD card and open it on your phone with "Easy Installer". Before you do anything of this though with "Easy Installer" you need to have "Unknown Sources" checked, which can be accessed by going to Settings>Applications>Check Unknown Sources. Good luck with everything! Also, Uno cannot be deleted, you have to freeze it.

Also, if you delete a program, be sure to back it up first so that later on you can restore the application. As long as it is backed up, you can restore it through app only or app+data.

GOOD LUCK
    -Spelling-

Thank u for ur post and for the programs but when i try delete uno it tells me that cant find apk file do u know another app that will stop running app and another thing is it ok to upgr
    ade everything and thank u again for ur time

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Its telling me if i want to update mi binary should i do it im asking i dont want to mess things up and i was able to get pro that was sweat thank u

This Is Whatt I Get When I Try To Use The Update.Zip Inside Of The Android System Recovery

"Finding Update Package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...
    E:failed to verify whole-file signature
    E:Signature verification failed
    Installation aborted."

HELP ME IM SICK AND TIRED OF THIS ANDROID 2.3.5 ITS UNROOTABLE.!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HuaweiAscend2 View Post
    This Is Whatt I Get When I Try To Use The Update.Zip Inside Of The Android System Recovery

"Finding Update Package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...
    E:failed to verify whole-file signature
    E:Signature verification failed
    Installation aborted."

HELP ME IM SICK AND TIRED OF THIS ANDROID 2.3.5 ITS UNROOTABLE.!!!!
    If you scroll up to my 1st post, you will see that I already explained how to get rid of 2.3.5 and downgrade to 2.3.3. I hope you find everything okay my friend and the best of luck to you.

i went to the link to flash your huawei ascend to 2.3.3 from 2.3.5 and the us_cricket_huawei..zip i go to extract the file and its says it empty or its invaild... I want to root my phone but i have 2.3.5 do i have to downgrade to root phone or can i root the phone using cm7 with 2.3.5

Dude ur awesome! I had the same exact problem. I did what you did and guess what it freaking worked! Awesome!

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth McElroy View Post
    Dude ur awesome! I had the same exact problem. I did what you did and guess what it freaking worked! Awesome!
    Can you clarify what you did? ^^

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

yes clarify what you did cause im still stuck waiting for a solution or something

Quote Originally Posted by woodlake210 View Post
    yes clarify what you did cause im still stuck waiting for a solution or something
    Here's what I did:
    After downloading the "updata.app" and putting it in the dload folder I unplugged my phone from my PC. I then went to settings>storage(where your sd card info is)>clicked software upgrade and the phone automatically upgraded (downgraded from Huawei Ascend II M865 Version 2.3.5 to Version 2.3.3). You CANNOT do it the way this site says to its impossible. You must do it via sd card upgrade.
    Then once thats finished you download the "update" and put it directly onto the sd menu (main menu with android, download, LOST.DIR, ect..). You then power off the phone. Hold the volume up (UP!) button and the power button at the same time until you come to the reboot screen. Scroll down (using the volume button) to "update" then click the power button. The phone will automatically unload the files. It'll say a bunch of stuff but when it says successful (or complete) click the reboot button.
    Then guess what! Your phone is now rooted!

I would just like to add that I kinda rock

Hope this helps!

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

I would also like to add that after I rooted my Huawei Ascend II M865 Version 2.3.3 I did the upgrade to Muve music (Version 2.3.5) and my phone is still rooted!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information