Sign Up Now FAQ
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

 
Welcome to Cricket Users!



Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 87
  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
    agree and best of all no track ball
    Did the screen quality look similar, or did you like the looks of the Ascend 2 better?

    Quote Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
    im thinking so and even more so after someone makes a rom for it
    Well, I'd need to justify spending $129.99 for it. I'm not sure if I'm up for that. I think I'd rather wait for the Huawei Glory.
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 07-09-2011 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Multiquote. Use the quote button on the far right and then click reply to thread.

  2. Remove this advertisement.
  3. #32
    Senior Member
    Points: 1,825, Level: 25
    Overall activity: 0%
    whitefiretiger's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    472
    Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket



    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Did the screen quality look similar, or did you like the looks of the Ascend 2 better?
    ascend 2 looked better

    not like nes to ps3 but like nes to sega genises better

    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Well, I'd need to justify spending $129.99 for it. I'm not sure if I'm up for that. I think I'd rather wait for the Huawei Glory.
    i think id wait and see how the phone rolls before dropping the money and then deside if its worth it or wait for glory
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 07-09-2011 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Multiquote. Use the quote button on the far right and then click reply to thread.

  4. #33
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Multiquote. Use the quote button on the far right and then click reply to thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
    ascend 2 looked better

    not like nes to ps3 but like nes to sega genises better

    LOL.. What is "nes" again? Nintendo something?

    Quote Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
    i think id wait and see how the phone rolls before dropping the money and then deside if its worth it or wait for glory
    Yeah, well I really think I'm going to wait for the Glory. I will probably have even a harder time deciding if I want to put out the money for that or not. $279.99 is a lot for a phone.

  5. #34
    Senior Member
    Points: 1,825, Level: 25
    Overall activity: 0%
    whitefiretiger's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    472
    Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket



    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    LOL.. What is "nes" again? Nintendo something?



    Yeah, well I really think I'm going to wait for the Glory. I will probably have even a harder time deciding if I want to put out the money for that or not. $279.99 is a lot for a phone.

    lol nes was the origenal 1985 nentendo home video game consel

    hard choice but id wait
    Last edited by whitefiretiger; 07-09-2011 at 07:14 PM.

  6. #35
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
    lol nes was the origenal 1985 nentendo home video game consel

    hard choice but id wait
    Oh, alright.

    Yeah, I'll probably wait.

  7. #36
    Senior Member
    Points: 1,825, Level: 25
    Overall activity: 0%
    whitefiretiger's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    472
    Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket



    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Oh, alright.

    Yeah, I'll probably wait.
    That seems like the way to go. But check the ascend 2 out your self first

    Swyped from my Cricket Droid os 2.3.4 using Tapatalk

  8. #37
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
    That seems like the way to go. But check the ascend 2 out your self first

    Swyped from my Cricket Droid os 2.3.4 using Tapatalk
    No, because if I go then I might want it even more.

  9. #38
    Senior Member
    Points: 1,825, Level: 25
    Overall activity: 0%
    whitefiretiger's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    472
    Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket



    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    No, because if I go then I might want it even more.
    Don't take money of any kind with you

    Swyped from my Cricket Droid os 2.3.4 using Tapatalk

  10. #39
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
    Don't take money of any kind with you

    Swyped from my Cricket Droid os 2.3.4 using Tapatalk
    I'd rather not go. I think I should just wait. I especially don't want to be tempted to buy it in the store since it will be cheaper online anyway.

  11. #40
    Junior Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    5



    I just checked it out at the cricket store. It was pretty slick and a lot faster/better than the suede phone. I only got to look at it for a minute because the demo battery ran out, which makes me wonder about the battery life. Also, I have gotten conflicting reports as to whether it has a 600mhz processor or an 800mhz, what the screen resolution is, and whether it actually is going to be the new Muve music phone.

    Also, does the wifi provide 3g/n speeds for devices? I'd like to get an iPad and use this as the basestation. Is that possible?

  12. #41
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by darkstar128 View Post
    I just checked it out at the cricket store. It was pretty slick and a lot faster/better than the suede phone. I only got to look at it for a minute because the demo battery ran out, which makes me wonder about the battery life. Also, I have gotten conflicting reports as to whether it has a 600mhz processor or an 800mhz, what the screen resolution is, and whether it actually is going to be the new Muve music phone.

    Also, does the wifi provide 3g/n speeds for devices? I'd like to get an iPad and use this as the basestation. Is that possible?
    The latest report I saw says it has a 600 Mhz processor. There isn't good battery life on a lot of Android devices, so that is normal. Keep in mind that the phone was probably on all day with people using it though.

    It isn't going to be the first Muve Music phone. That is going to be a Samsung.

    It does have 3G, and I'm not sure about Wireless N. I think it does. And, by using it as a base station, do you mean "WiFi Tether"? For that you need to hack ("root") the phone. We will post instructions here as soon as we get them as to how to do that. Keep in mind the phone is not made for "WiFi Tethering" so it is to be done at your own risk. You will also be voiding your warranty.

    If you have any more questions just ask.

  13. #42
    Senior Member
    Points: 1,825, Level: 25
    Overall activity: 0%
    whitefiretiger's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    472
    Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket



    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    The latest report I saw says it has a 600 Mhz processor. There isn't good battery life on a lot of Android devices, so that is normal. Keep in mind that the phone was probably on all day with people using it though.

    It isn't going to be the first Muve Music phone. That is going to be a Samsung.

    It does have 3G, and I'm not sure about Wireless N. I think it does. And, by using it as a base station, do you mean "WiFi Tether"? For that you need to hack ("root") the phone. We will post instructions here as soon as we get them as to how to do that. Keep in mind the phone is not made for "WiFi Tethering" so it is to be done at your own risk. You will also be voiding your warranty.

    If you have any more questions just ask.
    If that was 800mhz there is something very very wrong that was slow. But I think it had better internal memory than the ascend

    Swyped from my Cricket Droid os 2.3.4 using Tapatalk

  14. #43
    Junior Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    5



    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    The latest report I saw says it has a 600 Mhz processor. There isn't good battery life on a lot of Android devices, so that is normal. Keep in mind that the phone was probably on all day with people using it though.

    It isn't going to be the first Muve Music phone. That is going to be a Samsung.

    It does have 3G, and I'm not sure about Wireless N. I think it does. And, by using it as a base station, do you mean "WiFi Tether"? For that you need to hack ("root") the phone. We will post instructions here as soon as we get them as to how to do that. Keep in mind the phone is not made for "WiFi Tethering" so it is to be done at your own risk. You will also be voiding your warranty.

    If you have any more questions just ask.
    I assumed WiFi meant WiFi Tethering.... Are they saying it just RECIEVES WiFi rather than actually sends/receives like a router? I just want to use it as the internet provider for WiFi devices like the iPad 2. Can I not do that?

    I know its not the first Muve phone, but I heard there was an upgrade coming in october. Is there an official spec sheet somewhere? I can't even find the phone on the huawei site.

    Yahoo claimed it has an 600mhz processor and Gingerbread 2.3, but other sources claim it has "Froyo 2.2" and a 800mhz processor not sure what that means...
    Yahoo





    Specs 2




    Specs 3





    Oh, and I'm planning on doing some Android App/Game development and using this lower end product as a good test platform. Is it relatively easy to transfer an app from PC to the phone?

    Thanks






  15. #44
    Senior Member
    Points: 1,825, Level: 25
    Overall activity: 0%
    whitefiretiger's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    472
    Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket



    That isn't gb on it

    Swyped from my Cricket Droid os 2.3.4 using Tapatalk

  16. #45
    Junior Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2



    Quote Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
    That isn't gb on it

    Swyped from my Cricket Droid os 2.3.4 using Tapatalk
    Cricket confirmed it is Gingerbread on it when it was on the site. 2.3


 

 
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Cricket Huawei Mercury (Glory) Release Date and Pricing Information
    By avenue in forum Cricket Huawei Mercury (Glory)
    Replies: 1081
    Last Post: 05-09-2012, 01:33 PM
  2. Hands-On with the Huawei Ascend 2 (Cricket)
    By CU-News in forum Cricket News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-23-2011, 04:12 AM
  3. Huawei Ascend is now available with Cricket
    By CU-News in forum Android News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 03:12 PM
  4. Huawei Ascend (Cricket Wireless)
    By CU-News in forum Cricket News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-09-2010, 05:49 PM
  5. Huawei Ascend (Cricket Wireless)
    By CU-News in forum Cricket Huawei Ascend (M860)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-31-2010, 01:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Advertise With Us?
Advertise with us? (Position 1 - Advertise with Us) Small Banner