Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Thread: cwm question

Overall activity: 12.0%

cwm question

Ok, I haven't seen this addressed and it is kind of a stupid quistion and it happens on all 3 A2's that I have flashed.

After flashing recovery image, anytime I turn the phone off and plug in the charger I get the white Huaweii screen but then instead of showing the battery charging like it does stock, it boots into the recovery screen. It really doesn't bother me to much but with the glory coming out, when I upgrade, I'm going to give.the A2 to my niece and I don't want her to access the recovery menu as I worry she may do something stupid.

So is it normal not to show the battery charging screen and have it boot straight into recovery mode when phone is off and charger plugged in?

2. Remove this advertisement.

Good one.Thanks for sharing.

Verified Developer
    Overall activity: 0%

yea I have seen a few that do the same thing. I will have to see if it can and what needs done to correct that. I never turn my phone off so its never really bothered me.

I try not to turn it off but that's just me. Just not wanting her to format the system in error. Hey PG I did wanna ask if their any progress on that CM7 port? Also since I am using your ROM how do you enable bootup sounds on A2tude? I will be sending you a donation next week. I love your work!!!!

Verified Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Leonard-Chip View Post
    I try not to turn it off but that's just me. Just not wanting her to format the system in error. Hey PG I did wanna ask if their any progress on that CM7 port? Also since I am using your ROM how do you enable bootup sounds on A2tude? I will be sending you a donation next week. I love your work!!!!
    they should work on A2tude. I've not worked on it lately, but Duck has cooked one up that doesnt look or run too bad. Everything works tho a few extras have to be flashed to get mms and gps I think it was working. Wifi works etc. I will be looking into it to see how the wifi got fixed and be building one from src soon I hope. I am working on the LG Esteem atm too lol.

Hey, I know your busy and all. Wish I had the patience to learn programming languages again but gave it all up back with the old Apple IIe lol. Anyways anytime you need a beta tester just give a yell.

---> bootup sounds, have no clue why I can't get it to work correctly. Removed all of CriKet's bloat. Removed the folder completely. Set the file "bootStrapSound.ogg" in /system/media/ui folder. But get nothing on boot up

Correction: I meant to say I put the bootStrapaSound.ogg in /system/media/audio/ui folder

Phone
    Ascend II M865

What rom are you using?

If Duckmod then you have MiUI try this -
    [ADDON][PLAY] BootSounds for CyanogenMod/MiUI ROMS [v01] - xda-developers

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

I had same issue - I used a different method and for adding custom cwm and installed DUCKMOD, I am not sure if the change to DUCKMOD fixed it or the changed CWM

CWM instructions here -
    How to Install Unofficial ClockworkMod Recoveries - PlayfulDroidz Wiki

DUCKMOD (CyanogenMod/MiUI v7.2) here -
    [ROM] DuckMOD CM 7 for the Ascend II M865 12/21/2011

well since my original post, I've had to get a new A2 (they never have the Merc when I go in) but did install DUCKMOD, had to remove ICS Launcher and install ADW as the screen is too small for ICS (my Opinion only) and wanted WIFI to work. but back to same issue with Recovery coming up anytime I turn phone off and place on charger. Oh well.......

Quote Originally Posted by gmnowels View Post
    What rom are you using?

If Duckmod then you have MiUI try this -
    [ADDON][PLAY] BootSounds for CyanogenMod/MiUI ROMS [v01] - xda-developers

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

I had same issue - I used a different method and for adding custom cwm and installed DUCKMOD, I am not sure if the change to DUCKMOD fixed it or the changed CWM

CWM instructions here -
    How to Install Unofficial ClockworkMod Recoveries - PlayfulDroidz Wiki

DUCKMOD (CyanogenMod/MiUI v7.2) here -
    [ROM] DuckMOD CM 7 for the Ascend II M865 12/21/2011

I may have access to a PC later tonight for a few minutes so I'll try that method. Normally I just install CWM thru adb push thru fast boot. Hope this works. Was so close last night to repackaging DUCKMOD to include mms/GPS fix and have gapps all in 1 package and then I had to leave. Had to borrow nephews laptop as my PC hdd sounds like a car trans that dropped!

Thread Information