Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Angry a cwm recovery for the ascend 2?

know if anybody is working on one i just deleted mine by trying to install cwm and amonra recovery....=(
    now im sad

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Supporting Member

why would you do that? no guides were posted and it was advised against. I unfortunately can't help you right now

i fixed it with stock rom.. =) also over at ppa they made a rom for this phone and we fould a way to remove bloatware . all we need is a recovery like cwm to flash the rom they made.

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

We might be working on some additional stuff. I'm going to try and pass an Ascend 2 to a dev.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

PrepaidAndroids.net - CONTRACTS SUCK!

link for cwm for a2. it works. i was one of the initial testers.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    We might be working on some additional stuff. I'm going to try and pass an Ascend 2 to a dev.
    yeah while the rest of us are busting our butts to finish an aio package risking our models. -.-

prepaid android has already done all this including a rom with bloatware removed with root, and a cwm im a member.

Supporting Member

andrew thats not even slightly helpful.Not hey havent. The recovery is extremely buggy and the rom is not an actual custom rom. I'm porting CM7, so unless you have something helpful to say stop talking about how great they are. They're not, they've destroyed devices in the past.I left them for a reason. It's pretty easy to remove bloatware and zip it back up. I'm working on something MUCH bigger with android 2.3.4.

ive had no problems with ppa and my phones. if phones get broken its our own fault not there's

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by andrew01 View Post
    ive had no problems with ppa and my phones. if phones get broken its our own fault not there's
    Yes it is, but stop being a walking banner for them.You mention them in almost every post. if you think they're so great stay there.

im guessing ur dillon right.? ok no need to be an ass about it. no need to bad mouth a site, u wouldnt like it if the did it to u right ? this is my last post dont answer back

Supporting Member

dillon? No i have no idea who that is. Just asking you to stop advertising here.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    I'm working on something MUCH bigger with android 2.3.4.
    I'm looking forward to hearing what people think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    andrew thats not even slightly helpful.Not hey havent. The recovery is extremely buggy and the rom is not an actual custom rom. I'm porting CM7, so unless you have something helpful to say stop talking about how great they are. They're not, they've destroyed devices in the past.I left them for a reason. It's pretty easy to remove bloatware and zip it back up. I'm working on something MUCH bigger with android 2.3.4.
    Please sir, pray tell, what is the truth behind these vile rumors?

1. You say the recovery for the A2 is buggy, yet in talking with a member last night, it worked perfectly, when someone else's recovery caused problems. Have you actually tested it yourself to know, or are you just making assumptions?

2. The person who actually created the MOD has never said it was a full custom ROM. We actually know the difference, thank you. And of course it's "easy to remove bloatware and zip it back up". Icarus was a MOD for the Ascend, and it was wildly popular precisely BECAUSE it did that. While you're working on your CM7 port, remember that people LIKE having a slimmed down OS, regardless of whether it's a MOD or a ROM. It's about the functionality, not the recognition for creating something.

3. I'm sure you're not the only person who is, or will be, working to port CM7 to the A2.

4. PLEASE bring forth an example of someone whose device we have "destroyed", sir. Unless you're inferring that someone took a hammer to their own phone, then I would suggest you cease with the absolute nonsense you're busy spouting. Users ALWAYS assume responsibility for modding their phones, whether they want to or not, and we don't contribute more to bricked phones than anybody else, not to mention the fact that we bust our butts to not only give people fixes, but help them APPLY those fixes, either in IRC or on the forums.

5. Would you mind telling people WHY you left PPA, since it is so abhorrent to you that it causes you to carry this giant grudge, and attack people who mention it? Considering the fact that I am one of the two Admins of the site, and my long history of running forums and torrent sites that actually CARE about their users, why don't you address your problems with me, since I can do something about it?

Congratulations on being a "Verified Developer" here, but do everyone a favor and don't spout your venom all over the internet when you could be taking the time to address your problem at the source instead. You have your chance to air your grievances with someone who actually gives a rat's ass, and that's rare enough. Don't make it worse by declining the invitation to do so.

Phone
    Huawei m865

i think everyone needs to stop relying on dillon! cwm is working perfectly fine. download it from ppa. theres no reason to act like its wrong to go do that. cm7s on its way, too. and thomas "dillon" romspert- did you leave ppa, or did you get kicked? someone needs to change his verified developer title to little ***** ass cry baby... your to late, you missed your punch. no ones fault but your own. its obvious that its pretty typical of you... you should be used to it by now.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information