Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    Yes it is, but stop being a walking banner for them.You mention them in almost every post. if you think they're so great stay there.
    Thomas, c'mon. Andrew can talk about PPA or any other board he wants to here. As far as I know, we don't have a policy against mentioning other forums. Everything posted anywhere is "at your own risk".
    If your stuff is so great, it will be worth the wait. In the mean time is it really necessary to bag on everyone else's efforts or excitement? No one is holding YOU responsible if a phone gets bricked and it's not like youre being expected to fix them.
    Ease up a bit.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Verified Developer

I'd like to address Thomas. If the CWM you are using is so buggy you're not on the version submitted to koush for official release. Also modded stock ROMs always come before a port of CM7, which I am also working on and 2.3.5 at that not 2.3.4

If you have complaints about my work please seek me out and make them directly and not be dissing elsewhere. You dont see me dissing your work now do you?

In closing get your facts straight before you start ranting and bad mouthing just because YOU had a bad experience.

Good luck with your port of CM7 and good day.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by playfulGod View Post
    I'd like to address Thomas. If the CWM you are using is so buggy you're not on the version submitted to koush for official release. Also modded stock ROMs always come before a port of CM7, which I am also working on and 2.3.5 at that not 2.3.4

If you have complaints about my work please seek me out and make them directly and not be dissing elsewhere. You dont see me dissing your work now do you?

In closing get your facts straight before you start ranting and bad mouthing just because YOU had a bad experience.

Good luck with your port of CM7 and good day.
    Not dissing you, i've noticed mapping issues within it. I know this on the modded stock roms, although I actually decided against this for the optimus c.

Lol we're working on the same one, with the new webOS like swipe away notifications, it was late and I was extremely tired when I wrote that.I've had a great experience however I do have my facts straight and i'm basing it on PM's and post i'm getting not myself. People ARE having issues, it's becoming more common, so before you try to put someone in their place get your stuff straight.
    I had actually wanted to work with you but I stay away from PPA because of many reasons (don't really want to get into that).

Verified Developer

Not dissing you, i've noticed mapping issues within it. I know this on the modded stock roms, although I actually decided against this for the optimus c.

Lol we're working on the same one, with the new webOS like swipe away notifications, it was late and I was extremely tired when I wrote that.I've had a great experience however I do have my facts straight and i'm basing it on PM's and post i'm getting not myself. People ARE having issues, it's becoming more common, so before you try to put someone in their place get your stuff straight.
    I had actually wanted to work with you but I stay away from PPA because of many reasons (don't really want to get into that).
    I've not gotten any reports about the recovery I built and submitted to koush not working correctly, I think I would be the one getting msg'd as i built it dont you? Are you using mine or the one vadim posted? Mines been tested and verified to be working correctly and fully and submitted to koush. I am on ppa, phan, my own, and on many other sites.

The swipe away notification started with RC0, screenshot was added in RC1, both are 2.3.4. 2.3.5 dropped week b4 last and is the current src.
    Last edited by PlayfulGod; 08-09-2011 at 02:05 PM.

Supporting Member

I've not gotten any reports about the recovery I built and submitted to koush not working correctly, I think I would be the one getting msg'd as i built it dont you? Are you using mine or the one vadim posted? Mines been tested and verified to be working correctly and fully and submitted to koush. I am on ppa, phan, my own, and on many other sites.

The swipe away notification started with RC0, screenshot was added in RC1, both are 2.3.4. 2.3.5 dropped week b4 last and is the current src.
    I'm well aware of when swipe away started and i'm getting help PM's a lot. It's typically people are afraid to come forward to a mod so don't take it the wrong way. It's vadims that i've seen issues with. I'M not using either, I have my own thing running at the moment.

Verified Developer

I'm well aware of when swipe away started and i'm getting help PM's a lot. It's typically people are afraid to come forward to a mod so don't take it the wrong way. It's vadims that i've seen issues with. I'M not using either, I have my own thing running at the moment.
    Well nothing against vadim, but mine was posted first and it was well known I was working on it and had it working except keybindings (had to enable back menu) days before he posted his build, which is fixed in the final build I submitted. I heard his recovery.fstab wasnt correct thus formatting/partitioning not working correctly, again thats what I heard. People know they can approach me and they do from everywhere and like I said, Ive not got the first report of my CWM build not working (and its posted on more than just PPA). That and vadim is a hit & run poster on ppa with 20 post since jan and thus ppa should not be put down because of his or anyones work/post there. I dont recall seeing your name there, what name did you use there? I like it there as well as other sites I help ppl on. I stand behind my work and if theres something not working right I'm the first to admit it. And I do all this without expecting to be paid for it, yes donations are nice sign of appreciation and help with motivation esp when working on phones i dont use or may not even own, but not expected and definitely not require for me to do what I do. I use this as a learning experience and I enjoy it.

And just to add to this convo, there are bad apples on every site and 99.9% of the time when someone has a bad experience on a site it is of their own doing, not the sites fault

Phone
    Huawei m865

@ dillon thomas: im using vadims right now actually, and have not had one problem with it. at all. if anyone had any probs with it they would of posted it right there. not went to you. and i think its kinda weird that you ONLY got pm about it. hmm.....

Verified Developer

Quote Originally Posted by GeezusChricket View Post
    @ dillon thomas: im using vadims right now actually, and have not had one problem with it. at all. if anyone had any probs with it they would of posted it right there. not went to you. and i think its kinda weird that you ONLY got pm about it. hmm.....
    My thoughts exactly lol. That and I had my testers in IRC with me verifying mine worked correctly before I posted it as a working release. The thing about open source is everyone is 'suppose' to work together to get things working and available. Not compete, bad mouth, profit, and condemn whole sites solely on one persons experiences or work posted. Most sites have more than one developer (or inspiring Devs) working on things and most work together to help one another. Its not about recognition, glory, nor profit, but about community and working towards the same goal, improving our phones in this case. I'm no guru by no means, but I am resourceful and can work with anyone long as mutual respect and credit is given.

Phone
    Huawei m865

My thoughts exactly lol. That and I had my testers in IRC with me verifying mine worked correctly before I posted it as a working release. The thing about open source is everyone is 'suppose' to work together to get things working and available. Not compete, bad mouth, profit, and condemn whole sites solely on one persons experiences or work posted. Most sites have more than one developer (or inspiring Devs) working on things and most work together to help one another. Its not about recognition, glory, nor profit, but about community and working towards the same goal, improving our phones in this case. I'm no guru by no means, but I am resourceful and can work with anyone long as mutual respect and credit is given.
    nicely put

Overall activity: 3.0%

lol nicely put ...

Supporting Member

It's the same reason i get random messages about phones like the droid x. It's the verified developer title. It's just this forum. I'd gladly work with you as stated, but mutual respect is a needed thing.

Verified Developer

It's the same reason i get random messages about phones like the droid x. It's the verified developer title. It's just this forum. I'd gladly work with you as stated, but mutual respect is a needed thing.
    I doubt very seriously anyone using anything I built is running to you for help

And just how di you get to be a verified developer? I can not find anything you've done esp outside of this forum.

So, Thomas, you'll speak with a dev who calls you out, but not an Admin for the site you verbally attacked. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. You really should stop spreading your lies, including the one where you said you were working with PlayfulGod on a recovery or whatever it was for the A2, when the first words he uttered were "I've never heard of this guy, who is he?"

To the staff of MCF, I have nothing but respect for you thus far, as those of you who have spoken in this and other threads demonstrate levelheadedness and patience, traits I highly respect when it comes to site staff. The last three people at PPA to demonstrate the piss-poor attitude Thomas demonstrates here found themselves without an account, after they refused to make a change to their attitudes. Nobody should have a sense of entitlement, and I don't put up with anybody who tries to talk down to other people as if they are so much better than the rest. If I can go out of my way to be nice to people in a forum, even as a staff leader, then EVERYBODY can. PPA had a stigma about it (before I became staff and started cleaning things up) because of people like your dear "Verified Developer" here, who think it's their divine right to boss other people around and treat them as if they are mere amoeba in comparison. Suffice it to say that this has dramatically changed, and in a very short period. I build communities, and anybody who prefers to tear them down gets the boot, no exceptions.

And as PlayfulGod so astutely pointed out, if you've created multiple works (ie: ROMs and recoveries), then why can't we find a single shred of evidence on the internet to support your claims? You certainly aren't forthcoming with the information, and if you had done these marvelous things, surely they would be out there for us to find. Or perhaps you would be so kind as to give us the pseudonym under which you performed this great magic, so that we might praise your marvelous works?

Anyway, I already gave you the invitation to address your grievances once, and I'll do so again now. You can obviously find me here, or at PPA, or in PPA's IRC channel, which is hosted on the IRC network I own and administrate. Avenue can tell you how to get there in case you need directions. I rather like Avenue, he's got some dedication inside him, and he doesn't have the ego some people get when they have a position of power. I can always appreciate someone who can be trusted with responsibility.

In summation, Thomas, you should try EARNING some respect, before you start DEMANDING it. I've read 2 threads where you participated, and your fellow MCF members and even staff have told you to get over yourself, yet you persist. I have this theory, and it works pretty well in practice: When EVERYONE is telling you the same thing, they can't ALL be wrong. One more indicator of your standing in your own home forum.....you show as having TWELVE Thanks in 269 posts. That is hardly what I would consider a respectable showing for someone who claims to have contributed so much. If you really did anything for your community and not for yourself, these numbers would be MUCH higher. If I contrast that with my own numbers at Phandroid, a site where I am not staff, but simply a member, I have 281 thanks in 602 posts, a 46.67% clip. Who gives a rat's ass about other members, and who gives a rat's ass about their own glory? I think the numbers speak for themselves.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlastGT1 View Post
    So, Thomas, you'll speak with a dev who calls you out, but not an Admin for the site you verbally attacked. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. You really should stop spreading your lies, including the one where you said you were working with PlayfulGod on a recovery or whatever it was for the A2, when the first words he uttered were "I've never heard of this guy, who is he?"

To the staff of MCF, I have nothing but respect for you thus far, as those of you who have spoken in this and other threads demonstrate levelheadedness and patience, traits I highly respect when it comes to site staff. The last three people at PPA to demonstrate the piss-poor attitude Thomas demonstrates here found themselves without an account, after they refused to make a change to their attitudes. Nobody should have a sense of entitlement, and I don't put up with anybody who tries to talk down to other people as if they are so much better than the rest. If I can go out of my way to be nice to people in a forum, even as a staff leader, then EVERYBODY can. PPA had a stigma about it (before I became staff and started cleaning things up) because of people like your dear "Verified Developer" here, who think it's their divine right to boss other people around and treat them as if they are mere amoeba in comparison. Suffice it to say that this has dramatically changed, and in a very short period. I build communities, and anybody who prefers to tear them down gets the boot, no exceptions.

And as PlayfulGod so astutely pointed out, if you've created multiple works (ie: ROMs and recoveries), then why can't we find a single shred of evidence on the internet to support your claims? You certainly aren't forthcoming with the information, and if you had done these marvelous things, surely they would be out there for us to find. Or perhaps you would be so kind as to give us the pseudonym under which you performed this great magic, so that we might praise your marvelous works?

Anyway, I already gave you the invitation to address your grievances once, and I'll do so again now. You can obviously find me here, or at PPA, or in PPA's IRC channel, which is hosted on the IRC network I own and administrate. Avenue can tell you how to get there in case you need directions. I rather like Avenue, he's got some dedication inside him, and he doesn't have the ego some people get when they have a position of power. I can always appreciate someone who can be trusted with responsibility.

In summation, Thomas, you should try EARNING some respect, before you start DEMANDING it. I've read 2 threads where you participated, and your fellow MCF members and even staff have told you to get over yourself, yet you persist. I have this theory, and it works pretty well in practice: When EVERYONE is telling you the same thing, they can't ALL be wrong. One more indicator of your standing in your own home forum.....you show as having TWELVE Thanks in 269 posts. That is hardly what I would consider a respectable showing for someone who claims to have contributed so much. If you really did anything for your community and not for yourself, these numbers would be MUCH higher. If I contrast that with my own numbers at Phandroid, a site where I am not staff, but simply a member, I have 281 thanks in 602 posts, a 46.67% clip. Who gives a rat's ass about other members, and who gives a rat's ass about their own glory? I think the numbers speak for themselves.
    I have no idea what your talking about.check the optimus C section for my work. blastgt you have no idea what your talking about. I'm a verified developer for how much ive actually released on other devices. I said i'd like to and its a possibility, never said i was. And I didnt verbally attack any admins. You sound like your honestly speaking out of your ass.

Verified Developer

I have no idea what your talking about.check the optimus C section for my work. blastgt you have no idea what your talking about. I'm a verified developer for how much ive actually released on other devices. I said i'd like to and its a possibility, never said i was. And I didnt verbally attack any admins. You sound like your honestly speaking out of your ass.
    verified my behind Thomas, I can put what ever I like as my title too if I am a paid member here or any other site and some even w/o being a paid member.

I've checked you out thomas, and you have no documentation of developing anything. Not to mention for everything you have released and claimed you did it, I have found post, blogs, etc stating where you were working with Developers that were working on just the thing you end up posting here but holding out releasing it til you got so many clicks on your so called site or so many donations. And trying to sell/trade off the phones your made ppl donate so you could buy them so you wouldnt break your phone? thats just low.

Where is your repo Thomas? where is your documentation? where is the trail of your researching and asking assistance from other devs?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information