Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Thread: Donation

Supporting Member

Donation

Hey guys this is a thread for the Ascend 2 fund. Basically you guys see how secure cricket has been making their new phones. I'm actually using it as my main phone right now and I need to be usingj it as a developer phone. Say it gets bricked or something along those lines I have no access to the outside world after that.
    So this is for my time, hard work, and just to get a second one so I can continue and soon have full root as well as CM shortly after.

Once enough for another ascend 2 has been reached (keep in mind I had 2 C's when developing for it) development will continue.It's all on how much the community wants it at this point.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...em_name=Ascend

2&currency_code=USD&bn=PP-DonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG.gif%3aNonHosted

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Verified Developer
    Overall activity: 0%

Funny I have done what I've done for the Ascend 2 without ever touching one. Yes I accept donations to help get one in my hands to dev for, but that wont stop me from dev'ing for it, just make it a slower process, but I do not require them. You seem to put users on hold til you get some $$ to do anything. you do realize this is a open source community?

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by playfulGod View Post
    Funny I have done what I've done for the Ascend 2 without ever touching one. Yes I accept donations to help get one in my hands to dev for, but that wont stop me from dev'ing for it, just make it a slower process, but I do not require them. You seem to put users on hold til you get some $$ to do anything. you do realize this is a open source community?
    I use it for a new unit because I need one.The same reason you put up donations. Stop picking fights playfulgod.reported

Verified Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    I use it for a new unit because I need one.The same reason you put up donations. Stop picking fights playfulgod.reported
    I have a link for donations, I do not demand them before I will do any work or release anything. And i am not picking a fight, I am calling you out for trying to profit off members here for work there is no proof you did, anywhere!!

Supporting Member

yes there is. I just prefer not to release anything for the ascend 2 yet because I want ONE finished final product. I think thats reasonable. Things are being worked on and I have 2 users testing right now. Again ignorance playfulgod.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Let's keep it civil people. Don't cross the line.

Thomas I think what these guys may be asking for is some proof. Thats how I read it anyway, not taking sides. Put up some links and shut them up.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Supporting Member

They've found everything and just stay in denial. But if you insist moderator

Verified Developer

yes there is. I just prefer not to release anything for the ascend 2 yet because I want ONE finished final product. I think thats reasonable. Things are being worked on and I have 2 users testing right now. Again ignorance playfulgod.
    No its not unreasonable and no its not ignorance young man, when I dev or even help test there is evidence all over several forums, not kept behind closed doors like its some big top secret project. I want all my work to be public and let as many people who want to test builds out test them, so everyone knows exactly who did what without any doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Let's keep it civil people. Don't cross the line.

Thomas I think what these guys may be asking for is some proof. Thats how I read it anyway, not taking sides. Put up some links and shut them up.
    No problem Mr Woof, and yes thats exactly what is being asked for. He made claims PPA breaks phones and is bad bla bla bla, but he hasnt provided one bit of proof. I can back everything I have said tonight up and a majority of it from this very site.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Missed the word insist in my post. It was merely a suggestion. If I am being attacked and the proof exists to counter the attack i provide it. You do what you will. I have no skin in this game, again merely making a suggestion.
    They've found everything and just stay in denial. But if you insist moderator
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Thread Information