Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Draining Battery

Hello, I am a new customer to Cricket and just bought the Ascend 2. Its a nice phone but the only problem I have is its draining battery. I know android is not the best on battery life but I expected this phone to out perform my Motorola Cliq. So the issue I'm having is that everytime I use the phone other than making a call its drains the battery rather quickly. Say its on 80% and I go online or play a game for 5 to 10 mins. it goes down to 70% or lower. I also notice under status the battery level goes back up a couple of points after this happens. Im not sure if Huawei phones just use more juice or I just have a bad battery. Also I have everything that is recommended turned off to save the battery inculding animations, sound and vibrate on keys press. Even with brightness set to the lowest it still extremely bright compared to any other android phone that I have used.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Try running the battery completely dead and then fully charging it. Some batteries respond better after this has been done a couple times.
    You might also experiment with the phone in airplane mode and see if it goes dead fast. That will turn all the radios off of course so you wont be making calls or anything.
    In the menu under Battery stats what is the biggest user of battery power? If it's the cellular radio you may be in a low coverage area which is causing your phone to hunt for towers more often. This will drain the battery pretty fast. You may want to reprogram the phone (dial *228) to see if it gives you a different prl.
    I am just shooting form the hip here.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

My battery statsAndroid system 44Cell standby 25Phone Idle 18Voice calls 9Display 4Its weird that android system uses the most when Im not on my phone that much. Ill have to try the other things u suggested.Thanks for the help.

go into the market and install juice defender, then go to 4shared.com and type in juice defender again, but this time get ultimate..
    trust me this saved my battery a lot. I'd say i went 25 hours without charging seriously try it!!

Phone
    Ascend II

I just downloaded Juice defender and it has greatly increased my battery life

Thread Information