Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Huawei Ascend II

First Look: Huawei Ascend II

My Huawei Ascend II arrived today and I wanted to post my first thoughts on it. Note, I have not yet had my service turned on to this phone, my Huawei Ascend I is still turned on and the main phone. I'll be leaving for Cricket in a little bit to have it switched over.

Design:
    Lighter and less clunky than the Huawei Ascend I. It feels sturdy. The curvature of the phone is very attractive. I actually like the white backing on the phone. I didn't, before, but now I think it adds a very "professional smartphone" touch to it. I like the placing and feel of the buttons. The new locking button at the top of the phone is very useful and I think it modernizes the phone. The new, touch-sensitive buttons are nice. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet because I liked the old interface of buttons. I'm also not sure how I feel about the new search button, because it gets really annoying when I use it on my girlfriend's EVO 4G (it's almost too sensitive on that phone and my hand hits it constantly, which interrupts what I'm doing). The Android USB/charger plug in location, without a cover is also nice. Brightness goes pretty low and gets pretty bright. I prefer to have my brightness set at the lowest setting to maximize phone battery.

Operating System:
    There is no lag. I repeat, I have experienced NO lag. It'll be interesting to see how it feels after there are more apps on it. I use 91PandaHome2 launcher program on the Huawei Ascend I so I'll also be interested to see how it performs using that launcher (therefore I won't really comment on the interface, but rather the performance of the phone itself). I use Swype on the Huawei Ascend I and using Swype on the Huawei Ascend II is absolutely fantastic. Swype lagged on the Huawei Ascend I. No lag on the Huawei Ascend II. Not even slight lag. Wifi feels really nice. I connected it up to my wifi and it runs super smoothly. Ping took 81 ms. Download speed at a whopping 4mbs. Upload speed at 1.5mbs. I'll run a speed test on it when I have the network hooked up too and let you all know how it goes after I've had it for about a week.

Camera:
    I love this camera. I haven't looked at the pictures on the computer and will do that in the week review I do. But the pictures look fantastic on the phone. The no focusing is a bummer, but the pictures still come out super crisp (on the phone). Have yet to try the video, but will do so at a later point.

Games:
    Only tested Angry Birds. Was really smooth. The Huawei Ascend I could barely even start a game, much less run any games. That has me super excited. I only played about four levels (3 starred all of them as a matter of fact (; ) and a few brief times there were just SLIGHT lag that I'm pretty sure were caused by the advertisements. Sound was nice too.

I am very excited about this phone. If there is any questions any has about this phone, comment below and I'll let you know (if I can). SO FAR I'M VERY PLEASED I BOUGHT THIS PHONE!

-Nate

2. Remove this advertisement.

Awesome! Thanks for the report.

I look forward to hearing about how it performs with a lot of applications on it.

Phone
    samsung messanger2

sweat thats cool im soon going get one

Thank you very much for the awesome review.

Phone
    Huawei Ascend II

No problem guys! I am loving this phone so much. In my review failed to mention the flashing LED light! I'm not sure if it works for all notifications, but for my texts, I was able to set it to flash (I'm not sure if the default messaging app can do this, but I was able to customize it a bit with Handscent SMS).

Thread Information