Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Getting Google goggles and other blocked apps on the A2

This will tell the market that you have a phone with flash and autofocus. You are spoofing your phone as a nexus one. This will give you additional apps. Not all apps, like ones made for ARMv7 processors (ie. Flashplayer), will be available.
    Since everbody is writing this: I am not responsible for any damage to your phone. Do this at your own risk.

If you have a stock ROM or a modded ROM with no changes to build.prop file on an Ascend 2, use method 1. Otherwise use method 2.

- Method 1:
    You will need root permission and Terminal emulator from the market. Make a backup with CWM/ROM manager first! I recomend saving a copy of the /system/build,prop file, too.

1. Download the .zip from this thread. Extract the file and place it on the sdcard on your phone but not in any of the folders.
    2. Open terminal emulator and type:
    Code:
    su
    cd /sdcard/freeme/
    sh freeme.sh
    3. Clear the cache in the android market app. Don't clear the data.
    4 Reboot phone. Search in the market for google goggles. If it is there it works!

- Method 2:
    Ok. You need ascend 2- rooted, sdk or terminal emulator, and files from this forum:
    [Hack] Unlblocking Market Apps (Market 2.3.6) - xda-developers

All credit for this goes to Smtih at xda. It works on android 2.3.5 and the new Market. Will work on modded roms. Make a backup through CWM recovery first!! I recomend saving a copy of your /system/build.prop file, too.

You could use something other than terminal emulator and sdk to modify the files.
    1. Download two files from the link. They will be in one folder.
    2. Create a folder and name it "freeme" in documents on your computer and add the two files to it.
    3. Open command prompt and cd to path of adb in the platform-tools folder.
    Code:
    cd [path to adb]
    4. Pull the build.prop file.
    Code:
    adb pull /system/build.prop [path to freeme folder]
    On my computer, it would look like "adb pull /system/build.prop C:\Users\Myname\Documents\freeme"
    5. Open build.prop from your documents folder in a text editor like notepad and edit only these specific values. Leave everything else the same.

ro.build.id=GRJ22
    ro.build.display.id=GRJ22
    ro.product.name=passion
    ro.product.device=passion
    ro.build.description=passion-user 2.3.4 GRJ22 121341 release-keys
    ro.build.fingerprint=google/passion/passion/mahimahi:2.3.4/GRJ22/121341:user/release-keys

6. save this new build.prop file in the freeme folder. do not save as!
    7. connect your phone to your computer and allow "USB storage". It will be available in the status bar.
    8. Place entire file on the sdcard. do not put it in any folder. Now disconnect "USB Storage"
    9. go to your command prompt on your computer (you should still be in the platform-tools directory) and type the following:
    Code:
    adb shell
    Code:
    su
    mount -o remount,rw /dev/stl12 /system
    cp /sdcard/freeme/build.prop /system/
    cp /sdcard/freeme/vending.apk /system/app/
    cp /sdcard/freeme/android.hardware.camera.flash-autofocus.xml /system/etc/permissions
    mount -o remount,ro /dev/stl12 /system
    exit
    10. Open a task killer program and erase the cache and kill the task for the market. Only erase cache, not data!
    11. Restart the phone. open market and google goggles should be there. If not, you did something wrong! First try erasing the cache again in step 10. If all the files are in the correct folder, you can erase the entire contents of the cache folder as a last resort.

If you get any errors in the code, you need to check you entered it correct and placed the file "freeme" in the correct place. it should be in /sdcard. If not, change the path in each command to point to the "freeme" folder. Let me know how this goes for you. If there is an error, let me know.

- To undo and keep your apps
    :
    replace your system/build.prop file with the original build.prop file that should have been saved as recomended.
    1. Place original build.prop you saved earlier on the sd card, but not in a folder.
    2. Open terminal emulator and type:
    Code:
    su
    mount -o remount,rw /dev/stl12 /system
    cp /sdcard/build.prop /system/
    mount -o remount,ro /dev/stl12 /system
    exit
    3. Clear the cache and reboot phone

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ethunderstadt; 10-21-2011 at 05:40 AM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Phone
    huawei ascend

Ty i am gona try this soon once I find a way to fix YouTube in my phone! ! It has not been working since I updated it to 2.3.5

Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk

Thread Information