Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Hate my Ascend, should I even consider the 2?

I've had my Ascend since christmas and I'm ready to throw it away. Its overclocked to 600 and all the craplets removed. Its still buggy, choppy and slow. I have a 8gig sd in it but still limited to the internal memory and can only have so many apps, wtf. Two other people where i work have this phone and hate it too. Do i even dare consider the Ascend2? I'm leaning toward the Indulge, but a $150 savings really looks appealing, though for the extra $150 i get a 1ghz processor from trusty ol Samsung. If the A2 had the 800mhz as orginally spec'd out then it wouldn't be such a hard decision. 566 to 600mhz is no real upgrade to me.

I figure, if i buy the A2 and need to replace it within 6 months i would have been better off with the Indulge. From my experience with the Ascend, i feel like this is the "dispossable" phone. I love the $55/mo and like being able to get a new phone whenever i want, not when i quallify for an up grade. A new phone once a year is goid for me, not after 6 months though.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Welcome to the forum. I don't have and ascend but have sold a few. Customers say they are way better than the 1. What I can tell from playing with them during activation confirms that. Go to a store and play with a live one. I think its a better phone but thats me.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Phone
    Samsung Epic 4G

I'll give you my opinion -- ~72 hours ago I went to the Cricket store unsure of which purchase to make. The Ascend II or the Samsung Indulge... I loved the price point on the Ascend II but absolutely loved the 1 Ghz processor specs and an *alright* price point. I played with both the Ascend II and Indulge before I made my mind up.

Sure the Ascend II was much faster, less choppier, and generally BETTER all around than the Ascend I, but I'll give you my cons to the phone.

First, lack of multi-touch. Try and see how much you actually would use this feature. Myself I use it on a daily basis... for websites, games (Angry Birds, Words With Friends, Etc), and more. Second, no auto-focus. Now both phones lack a distinctive 'auto-focus' but the Indulge has a click to focus feature on the phone. You have to click on the area you would like to focus on in your picture before taking the shot. Lastly, see the screen quality/phone responsiveness. While the Ascend II was generally incredibly responsive in comparison to the original Ascend, I did notice a little studdering when trying to do fast actions (flicking the screen, swyping a fast message, etc) while that problem was absent in the Indulge.

Overall it depends on your preference but I obviously went with the Samsung Indulge and do not regret my purchase at ALL. If you are a rooting/modifying type of user, you'll have to wait to root your Ascend II for some time until a rooting solution is released. The Indulge just got CWM to flash to phones and it should be getting released VERY shortly and thus we'll see a lot of custom roms, etc for it soon. I hope my post can give you some insight from my point of view

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

If you have the money the Indulge is a better performer in my opinion also. Don't get caught up with just the fact that the Ascend 2 has Gingerbread.

I wish the screen quality was better on both devices though.

Sent from a Cricket HTC EVO 3D via Tapatalk.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    Huawei Ascend 2

id say save your money if you want the ascend 2 now get it but wait for the glory to come out in november...same price as indulge is now and it will be way better imho.
    thanks,
    Lee

Quote Originally Posted by leethedeuce View Post
    id say save your money if you want the ascend 2 now get it but wait for the glory to come out in november...same price as indulge is now and it will be way better imho.
    thanks,
    Lee
    I want the Glory so bad. The Motorola Triumph is about $250 at Best Buy AND I'd be saving $10/month.

This is so annoying. I hope Cricket releases more information on the Glory so I can get excited about it.

I also hated the Ascend 1 - thinking I'd get used to it's quirks here and there and was really relunctant to go to the A2 when it came out. But i got it and totally love it! you will too! major improvements that i cant go into because i supress bad memories and the A1 gave me many!

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by tempebill View Post
    I also hated the Ascend 1 - thinking I'd get used to it's quirks here and there and was really relunctant to go to the A2 when it came out. But i got it and totally love it! you will too! major improvements that i cant go into because i supress bad memories and the A1 gave me many!
    The reason the a1 was crap and could not play games for nothing it's because they went cheap and I guess thought it would funny to not to a gpu in it and the CPU was 525 MHz witch they overclocked to 600 MHz the a2 has a adreno200 gpu with a 600 mhz cpu witch i have overclocked to 864 mhz and the mercury has a adreno250 gpu with a. Qualcomm scorpion armv7 snapdragon 1400 MHz aka 1.4 ghz processor

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Android Titan; 04-02-2012 at 10:47 PM.

Thread Information