Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Have I Completely @##U*$ My Phone Up?

The wifi wasn't working right and of few other settings had been changed so I went back to stock, losing root in the process, then I did the OTA Muve Music update. I then tried to use Z4root to gain root again and I tried it a couple of times and now my phone will not boot farther than the initial white Huawei screen. I have downloaded and re-downloaded the stock firmware and I am able to run it using Vol. Up, Vol. Down, and Power, but after it completes and restarts it is still stuck on the white Huawei screen. I can't boot into recovery and I can't get into fastboot that I'm aware of, as it stays on the white Huawei screen when in fastboot, but when hooked up via usb to my PC and trying to flash CWM recovery my computer doesn't pick up my phone. I've tried various ways of plugging in the usb and battery, nothing has worked. I've formatted my sdcard prior to copying the dload file and I've tried different ports on my PC and all with no luck. I'm thinking I've really done it this time, but I was hoping someone had something else that I could try before throwing in the towel.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    htc one sv

z4root may be what done you in it was not made to work on the ascend 2 version 2.3.5 muve update

Yeah that's what I was thinking, but I was hoping it wasn't the case. Thanks for the input though

Phone
    Admire 2 64GB

You willing to sell it for parts?

If Cricket won't give me a replacement or refund, then yeah I would probably do that. I'm not really sure what it's worth for parts how much are you willing to pay?

You might as well sell it for parts. Thats if they find out you rooted it.

I'm pretty sure there's no way to fix this phone, so I don't see how they would know I tried to root it. That still doesn't mean they'll replace it

Overall activity: 12.0%

If you had to ask, then the answer is YES!! actually had this same issue once!! I took it back to the str for warranty replacement and cost me $20 for warranty replacement. Beats the $89 I had to pay for the insurance replacement 3weeks ago

Phone
    Ascend 860 2.3.5

well can i ask a question , did u do a back up before u wiped data ,boot and etc. if not wipe data , reset and wipe boot etc. and now remove battery for 10 minutes replace battery get into the cwm recovery and if u flashed make sure dont hit that sd format

hey my name is eric, i apologize if this isnt the right fourm please let me kno, im haveing trouble accessing the EPST settings through the phone im trying to access the M.IP settings to check the DUN NAI settings for cricket any help would be great i have the huawei ascend 2 i have flashed phones before but im still new, i have worked with the HTC Eris which was very wasy with the correct prl, but im confussed with this one please help asap thank you cricket users.

Overall activity: 12.0%

@Shouldbeshroomin, whats the deal? You get it working or replacement yet?

No I haven't taken it back yet, and I'm thinking they won't replace it anyway seeing as I don't have the receipt so if anyone is interested in it for parts then let me know.

I did have a backup, but I cannot boot into recovery or into anything. I get stuck on the white huawei screen and it will stay there forever until I pull the battery.

Thread Information