Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Ok downgrading in progress I a rentering my google acct. at the moment

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

Alright now it is time for the root.

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

Question: what do i do now to root? i have the new update.zip link you provided but do not know where to go from here.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Wow 114mb free os storage now just from the downgrade. That is I don't have all those apps installed yet either. But whenever you are on again I am retty to be rooted as they say.

Overall activity: 0%

Download update.zip file once done take out of download folder put at root of SD card that's the top of SD card when u hit SD card to view you will see a folder or 2 plus update.zip once done power off phone. With phone off hold volume.up and power button it will boot into recovery. There will b an option to update from SD make sure you take the dl folder off SD card if using same SD card . It will run update then tell you that u are rooted and enjoy .let me know how it goes

sent from A2 running cm9 beta 3.4

OK Its rooted. I think I may stay with 2.3.3 unless there is a real good reason to mod it. Could you tell me the main pros and cons (remeber, I want a phone to be fast and stable over glitter) Thanks.

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

So far so good, except do I need to partition this sd card? Links2sd said something about linking partitioning and now my phone says it has 0bytes of internal sd storage whereas before it was 17mb

How big is SD card is it blank. If not transfer all on card to computer. http://www.4shared.com/android/Icz_Yfif/Rom_Manager_v4802.html this is rom manager download it and open it go to top menu says flash recovery hit it go to ascend 2 in menu it will flash a new recovery once complete power off phone. The SD card ur going to partition must have nothing on it. Hit volume.up and power like previous for update.zip file you will see recovery changed go to advanced it will say partition SD go to that I'm using sizes 512mb part and 128 swap I recommend 256 mob min and 96 mob swap minimum. Once that's done go to links to SD and it will prompt u again select ext4 it will say script created reboot phone. Reboot phone unless you have script manager. Reboot will mount both SD and ext4. Then u can fully use links2sd. If you want to learn about mods like cyanogenmod view the link I sent on duck mod for any issues with it that u might see as problem for u. Want to know more hit me up with any questions you might have

Last edited by dazeone; 07-26-2012 at 09:51 PM.

16gb sd card it isn't blank as I have installed some apps but there is 14gb left. What does partitioning the card do exactly, does it store app data to the sd instead of internal?

The partition is used as designated place for apps rather than just on SD in general reason I say remove all from card is it will format before partition

OK success. thank you for your help.

Phone
    Galaxy S3

If you want 210 internel storage with 186 free space I have a something you can flash but its only for cm7 but the draw back of this is you will lose multi touch

Sent from my m865 using Tapatalk 2

Until I find a need for that sort of thing, I'm just going to stick with a rooted 2.3.3. It is working great now. Thanks for all the support.

Update: The phone is working fine rooted with this little annoyance... I am using Links2SD to move and link all my newly downloaded apps to the sd card, but they are still taking up space on the internal storage. So I am back at the same point again with low internal storage and cannot for the life of me figure out how to completely remove the apps off the internal storage. Google+ by itself is taking up 35mb. Does anyone know a solution?

Also sd is partitioned and set to ext3 and all the apps in link2sd are linked instead of moved to sd as the native method way.

Phone
    Huawei Ascend2

Quote Originally Posted by nasachusetts View Post
    Update: The phone is working fine rooted with this little annoyance... I am using Links2SD to move and link all my newly downloaded apps to the sd card, but they are still taking up space on the internal storage. So I am back at the same point again with low internal storage and cannot for the life of me figure out how to completely remove the apps off the internal storage. Google+ by itself is taking up 35mb. Does anyone know a solution?
    REMEMBER TO MAKE A BACKUP IN RECOVERY. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT MAY OCCUR WHILST MODDING YOUR PHONE!!! That being said...

dtapps2sd-2.7.5.2-1-signed.zip

Flash this .zip in recovery and download the a2sdgui from google play.
    This will run DTa2sd script.
    I have used this with all the roms I've flashed. After Gui comes up, in the first tab, If it says "Apps are on internal" hit the button and all your apps will go to sd card, leaving a very small bit of their data on internal.

If you have a fast sdcard (class 10) You can use the dalvik tab and move Dalvik to sd-ext. This will free up more space, but you may suffer a bit of slowdown if your card isn't up to snuff.

You can check out the other tabs, and the "About/Help" tab is very handy.

I have 53 apps installed, 10 or so are larger than 10mb, and 5 of those are over 25mb. I still have 48mb free on internal.

I flash the script but not when using the a2sdgui i get a message saying: Could not start for one of these reasons: 1. Your device is not rooted. 2. A2SD Scripts could not be found. 3. No EXT partition found. I know for a fact the device is rooted. I ran the scripts and it said installation complete. And Link2SD shows the sd as having the ext3 partition. What happened you think? Also phone is buggy on bootup now. Usually a black screean. The only way I know to alleviate it is to take out the battery and sd card. Then boot without sd card, then remove battery once again and put back in sd card. Then I hold vol+ and - and power to have a screen that says it can't find firmware unpacking or something all leds on buttons flash, then I remove battery again put it back in and it boots normally.
    Last edited by nasachusetts; 08-07-2012 at 06:53 PM.

Phone
    Huawei Ascend2

Quote Originally Posted by nasachusetts View Post
    I flash the script but not when using the a2sdgui i get a message saying: Could not start for one of these reasons: 1. Your device is not rooted. 2. A2SD Scripts could not be found. 3. No EXT partition found. I know for a fact the device is rooted. I ran the scripts and it said installation complete. And Link2SD shows the sd as having the ext3 partition. What happened you think? Also phone is buggy on bootup now. Usually a black screean. The only way I know to alleviate it is to take out the battery and sd card. Then boot without sd card, then remove battery once again and put back in sd card. Then I hold vol+ and - and power to have a screen that says it can't find firmware unpacking or something all leds on buttons flash, then I remove battery again put it back in and it boots normally.
    Do you have both DTa2sd and link2sd? I'm not sure those two are compatible together. I think you need to choose one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information