Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 3.0%

help me root please

ok so i spend the last 4 hours on these forums and trying numours options and nothing seems to work i have version 2.3.6 and im trying to root my phone but from what i have been reading and trying to do is it seems like i have to downgrade so i download US_Cricket_huawei_m865_GINGERBREAD.zip and put it on sd card and it saids update failed please remove battery this phone is brand new out the box someone please help befor i snap it help leading me in the direction of what is needed to be done to root my phone i have computer knowledge so ill understand thanks in advance
    Last edited by quithatin; 05-19-2012 at 07:49 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Wrecked Johnson

I would root then if you want to downgrade use custom rom with older OS

ok i thought i had to downgrade from 2.3.6 to root? or is it possible to just root it that would be the update.zip correct

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

im new to the whole rooting phone i have done many psps and xboxs but the phone is killing me

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

now i try to run update.zip and z4root and i keep getting signature verification failed installation aborted please help

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

now i try to run update.zip and z4root and i keep getting signature verification failed installation aborted please help

Wrecked Johnson

try superoneclick and see if that works, zergrush, gingerbreak or do it manually

im trying to use superoneclick now and i click root and it seems to be freezing on starting deamon server

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

starting adb server i mean

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Galaxy S3

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

FileSwap.com : dload.zip download free

HERE IS THE STOCK 2.3.3 ROM FOR THE HUAWEI ASCEND M865 DOWNLOAD THE ZIP AND ECTRACT THE DLOAD FOLDER THATS INSIDE AND PLACE IT ON YOUR SD CARD THEN TURN OFF YOUR PHONE AND HOLD VOL UP & VOL DOWN & POWER AT THE SAME TIME AND HOLD THEM INTELL YOU SEE THE FIRMWARE UPDATE THEN WHEN ITS ALL DONE YOU WILL HAVE THE STOCK 2.3.3

Hey Android Titan i appricate it i tried doing that multiple times and half way threw it says update failed ill try one more time

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

once again it goes to firmware update Step 2/2 Installing update failed please remove the battery and restart the device

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Any one have a solution for this

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Any one have solution for this

Overall activity: 1.0%

I have a question is this the stock rom for all huawei ascend 2s or does it make a difference weither or not its cricket provider or straight talk or verizon and such??

Quote Originally Posted by stoneysdead2000 View Post
    I have a question is this the stock rom for all huawei ascend 2s or does it make a difference weither or not its cricket provider or straight talk or verizon and such??
    So far only cricket had this phone in the united states. Sooooo it's for all us ascend 2s

Sent from my M886

Overall activity: 1.0%

i just asked cause i got a guy that watched my you tube video and says he has straight talk huawei m865 thans for the heads up though

Quote Originally Posted by stoneysdead2000 View Post
    i just asked cause i got a guy that watched my you tube video and says he has straight talk huawei m865 thans for the heads up though
    He most likely flashed it. It wouldn't matter though the ROM shouldn't mess up anything

sent from my M886

Thread Information