Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 6.0%

help rooting ascend 2 M865

There's so many different ways to root this damn phone lol. I got the v2.3.3 running on the phone now. But I just can't seem to root it. If i use superoneclick. it starts rooting but when it starts the adb servers it freezes on me and won't go no further.
    any suggestions is helpful.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Easy root method here u have m865 from cricket

sent from A2 running cm9 beta 3.4

Got the phone rooted. So now what do i need after root. The internet is so slow to. but the phone got faster. And I hardly have service on this phone. It's always dropping the internet from 3g to 1x. Also is there a way to delete default apps. I don't use alot of the pre installed apps that came with the phone. But my main issue is the service with the phone making the internet 3g to 1x.
    Last edited by fendlay; 08-06-2012 at 02:19 PM.

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Huawei Ascend2

Quote Originally Posted by fendlay View Post
    Got the phone rooted. So now what do i need after root. The internet is so slow to. but the phone got faster. And I hardly have service on this phone. It's always dropping the internet from 3g to 1x. Also is there a way to delete default apps. I don't use alot of the pre installed apps that came with the phone. But my main issue is the service with the phone making the internet 3g to 1x.
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE YOU MAY DO TO YOUR PHONE. Since you're rooted, you must know this. If you don't have custom recovery.
    How to flash unoffical CWM 5.0.2.3 For Ascend II

This link will help you get CWM by fastboot, or you can download Rom Manager from google play, but if you don't have wifi, I wouldn't try flashing recovery over the air. Use the link provided to find out what to do. After that, you can flash a custom rom. Most roms are de-bloated, so you don't have to remove system apps yourself.
    ROMs

You can find some good roms here. Remember to follow the instructions provided for all this stuff.

If you don't want a custom rom. Get root explorer and you can delete system apps. Make a Nandroid backup in recovery before you monkey around with system files.

Last edited by mendoozer666; 08-06-2012 at 11:47 PM.

I appreciate the reply. I will go ahead and download the root explorer. Do I need the ES version or the actual root explorer that's cost money. Either or it doesn't matter to me. Also is there any way to get faster internet. The internet bounces between 3g to 1x. Sometimes it goes out completely. I believe it's because of cricket's service. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Thread Information