Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

0 out of 2 members liked this post.

How to Root Cricket Huawei Ascend 2

Methods Attempted (not working):

Gingerbreak APK - never completes task.
    SuperOneClick - never completes task utilizing either method.

Working Methods:

Confirmed on another site (jhutchh @ prepaidandroids.net aka GeezusChricket @ MCF))

1- Download the zip that Vadim posted in the roms and mods section. (
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YGWZ6MA0

)

2- Connect your phone via usb (or use an sd card adapter). In your pull down menu, hit mount (or connect) to usb

3- Choose the correct drive that your phone is connected to (make sure that you can see your camera folder etc.)

4- Don't open the zip that you have just downloaded, place the entire zip on the main "menu" (root) of your sd card.

5- Disconnect your usb cable and wait for your phone bto finish preparing sd card. (you'll see that in your notification bar)

6- Power your phone off.

7- Hold volume up and push and hold power until your phone boots into recovery. (about 5-10 seconds)

8- Using your volume buttons, scroll to update from sd card and press power to select.

9- Scroll to the "update zip" that you placed in your sd card and select.

10- Reboot and tadaa! Your rooted enjoy!

11- THANK VADIM FOR POSTING THIS ZIP RIGHT BEFORE A LARGE (small) GROUP OF PEOPLE WENT COMPLETELY INSANE!

Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 08-03-2011 at 12:36 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Just got the Huawei Ascend II today, fast phone. Def want to overclock it, have you tried the simple z4root? I'm scared too because I tried it on my friends VZW Charge and it white screened it. This phone is pretty spanking new off the market......

Quote Originally Posted by Hallister View Post
    Just got the Huawei Ascend II today, fast phone. Def want to overclock it, have you tried the simple z4root? I'm scared too because I tried it on my friends VZW Charge and it white screened it. This phone is pretty spanking new off the market......
    You can try it if you want. It's done at your own risk though. Did you friends phone get fixed?

Had to reset it, but worked just fine after. Z4 just screws you over if you interrupt it.... Which you have to do after 20min of it trying to complete it.

Phone
    Huawei Ascend II

I was thinking about that too. I wondered if it might work but I don't want it to brick my phone or whatever. I know that rarely happens, but I don't want to be that one guy who's an exception to the rule. That's how I rooted my Huawei Ascend I though.

Overall activity: 52.0%

Any updates?

I tried to root with gingerbreak v1.0 and it says cant complete task when i try to open it. Just tried v1.2, it loaded and is running the exploit. I dont know if it will finish or not.

Quote Originally Posted by John Peterson View Post
    I tried to root with gingerbreak v1.0 and it says cant complete task when i try to open it. Just tried v1.2, it loaded and is running the exploit. I dont know if it will finish or not.
    Please let us know if it worked or not. Thanks.

I had a few issues with usb debugging drivers on my pc. I had to rerun the exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by John Peterson View Post
    I had a few issues with usb debugging drivers on my pc. I had to rerun the exploit.
    What happened after you did it again?

Rooting... Running Exploit... This may take a few minutes ! Device will reboot on success !

Overall activity: 6.0%

Phone
    Huawei Ascend 2

This phone seems to have some HTC like qualities, is that the phone or the version of Android. I'm new to 2.3.3. Has anyone attempted the Gingerbreak method to unlock the S ON to S OFF? If I had access to a computer for more then an hour or two I would try it myself. I am running a custom launcher and have FlashPlayer, Netflix and the latest version of market. I see lots of potential here and am an experienced beta tester, so if anyone needs a guinea pig or a good tester let me know. The 1st gen Ascend has CWM support? So this one should be easy once we get some rooting love going on. This phone has a Snapdragon processor, granted it's only 600mhz but that gives me big hope for overclocking it to high numbers. Plus it should mean full support from Flashplayer, Netflix, and everyone else. Internal storage will have to be opened up, I'm going to try link2sd and swap when we get this mother rooted!
    Last edited by sinisin; 07-23-2011 at 11:34 PM.

Phone
    Huawei Ascend 2

From what I have attempted, it seems as if current applications are not able to root the phone at this time. All attempts to rooting (including temproot) the phone seem to cause it to reboot, which may indicate some kind of failsafe?

Anyway, visionary plus r14 does not root the phone. I would have tried EasyRoot, but I don't wish to purchase the app if it will not root it. If some one has it... give it a try and let us know?

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by sinisin View Post
    This phone seems to have some HTC like qualities, is that the phone or the version of Android. I'm new to 2.3.3. Has anyone attempted the Gingerbreak method to unlock the S ON to S OFF? If I had access to a computer for more then an hour or two I would try it myself. I am running a custom launcher and have FlashPlayer, Netflix and the latest version of market. I see lots of potential here and am an experienced beta tester, so if anyone needs a guinea pig or a good tester let me know. The 1st gen Ascend has CWM support? So this one should be easy once we get some rooting love going on. This phone has a Snapdragon processor, granted it's only 600mhz but that gives me big hope for overclocking it to high numbers. Plus it should mean full support from Flashplayer, Netflix, and everyone else. Internal storage will have to be opened up, I'm going to try link2sd and swap when we get this mother rooted!
    Where did you read it was snapdragon? Quallcom processers are in alot of devices. I believe this might still be armv6.

Overall activity: 6.0%

Phone
    Huawei Ascend 2

I was reading the full specs. Qualcomm Snapdragon ARMv11 600 mhz single core. Just Google Ascend 2 Processor specs is all I did.

I will tell you for sure when I hunt down a copy of real flashplayer and not the armv6 hacked version. If the real version installs we have at the very least an armv7 processor.

No love on 10.3, lets try 10.1. Nope, no love. Hmmm. The review of this phone on here even said the processor is an ARMv11. So something is wrong. Huawei only says it's a 600mhz on their official specs online. Time to dig. No drivers up either, or source code. New phones suck like that.
    Last edited by sinisin; 07-24-2011 at 01:06 AM.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information