Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Recognized Developer
    Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

^agreed. There is no reason for that.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Hello everyone.. I have a problem. I just rooted my Ascend 2 and my 3G is gone. I had a Sanyo Zio before this and when I rooted it I noticed the same thing. The service was horrible and I don't know if it's because I rooted it (everything was fine until then)

I just went into my Ascend's settings ..about phone..and Status. In Status it says my signal strength is -111dBM 0 asu & my Mobile network state is disconnected. I'm thinking about unrooting my phone because I'd rather have service with an amazing phone than a rooted phone any day.

Does someone have a guide to unrooting this device or a solution about my signal 3G?

EDIT : I just turned my phone off, removed the SD Card & the battery for a couple of seconds. Put them back in and restarted the phone and now the 3G is back. It still goes away when the screen is off. In the settings ..About phone..and status. It says that I am connected with the mobile network again. But I'm not sure if It's back for good. (noob) =(
    Last edited by Space-Bound; 08-08-2011 at 11:08 AM.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Space-Bound View Post
    Hello everyone.. I have a problem. I just rooted my Ascend 2 and my 3G is gone. I had a Sanyo Zio before this and when I rooted it I noticed the same thing. The service was horrible and I don't know if it's because I rooted it (everything was fine until then)

I just went into my Ascend's settings ..about phone..and Status. In Status it says my signal strength is -111dBM 0 asu & my Mobile network state is disconnected. I'm thinking about unrooting my phone because I'd rather have service with an amazing phone than a rooted phone any day.

Does someone have a guide to unrooting this device or a solution about my signal 3G?

EDIT : I just turned my phone off, removed the SD Card & the battery for a couple of seconds. Put them back in and restarted the phone and now the 3G is back. It still goes away when the screen is off. In the settings ..About phone..and status. It says that I am connected with the mobile network again. But I'm not sure if It's back for good. (noob) =(
    This method was not finished. I'm advising everyone against using it.The finished product will be out soon. I repeat myself now for the last time, mods remove the links. Devices are in danger as you've seen.

Phone
    Huawei Ascend 2

You just need to download the stock rom, copy it over to the 'dload' folder on your sd card, then go to "Settings > SD Card > Update from SD card". It'll wipe the system and unroot the phone. As a general rule it is usually a good idea to wipe it to stock before rooting just to keep the system clear from clutter (that's what I do anyway). Another thing to keep in mind might be to attempt a PRL update. Dial *228 and let the call finish itself.

Phone
    Huawei Ascend 2

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    This method was not finished. I'm advising everyone against using it.The finished product will be out soon. I repeat myself now for the last time, mods remove the links. Devices are in danger as you've seen.
    You know... for a "Verified Developer" I find you very un-credible. You merely chastise and complain. I haven't seen you offer a single positive solution to any problems people have had on this thread and you reject feedback. Either release what you're going to release or stop complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    I'm not going to remove the link since it is known that this is an "at your own risk" thing.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Baker View Post
    You know... for a "Verified Developer" I find you very un-credible. You merely chastise and complain. I haven't seen you offer a single positive solution to any problems people have had on this thread and you reject feedback. Either release what you're going to release or stop complaining.
    Paul i've proven myself. Hence being a verified developer, i've worked across several platforms. I prefer a safe release over the garbage being released. People are impatient. Please do not be ignorant regaurding the situation, I have not rejected feedback. I have actually taken everything into account. I've created 2 kernels, 3 roms, and a recovery menu. It's called doing things right the first time, it things were done correctly not a single device would have been bricked versus what has happened now. I have provided solutions to people but while a majority are complaining after messing up devices or using this method i'm working on an all in one package which is safe to use. However it is people like you that cause developers to leave the scene, people don't listen to someone with knowledge and things end terribly for some. It's best to avoid as much trouble as possible and provide convenience for the consumer. It's not complaining, if you had any knowledge of the situation you'd keep to yourself paul.

Recognized Developer

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

Rooting a device has nothing to do with the 3G radio, it's signal, or how it operates, period.

How is that root "method" not finished? All that is required to use root priveliges is a su binary located in /system/bin and Superuser.apk in /system/app to control permissions, which is exactly what the HA2 root zip accomplishes...

Please let me know when you all can agree on a method that works and is safe to use. Then I'll update the first post in this thread.

Overall activity: 2.0%
    Phone
    huawei ascend

i rooted my phone but i cannot delete apps i can only freeze them. anyone had something similar to this? when i want to uninstall an app it sats cannot find apk file

yes. download root manager to remove bloatware.

click the r/w button in the corner

browse to cust/cricket/us/app

delete folder

you can also delete media and wallpaper if you want.
    Last edited by John Peterson; 08-09-2011 at 12:46 AM.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by mraabhimself View Post
    Rooting a device has nothing to do with the 3G radio, it's signal, or how it operates, period.

How is that root "method" not finished? All that is required to use root priveliges is a su binary located in /system/bin and Superuser.apk in /system/app to control permissions, which is exactly what the HA2 root zip accomplishes...
    Meaning it should not be flashed via recovery. It's an unsafe method of achieving root when even the clockwork recovery for it is EXTREMELY glitchy with mapping issues. It was the same exploit I'm using for the APK, I've gotten to know it well. But I can also see how this can go horribly wrong if anything were to happen.
    And your also right, didn't even see that comment on the 3g radio lol.

Attempted to root

Hello all!

Yes I am new to this forum but not new to cellphone modding but have never modded an Android but am excited too. I attempted to root my phone, downloaded the .zipfile, connected the phone to my PC and moved the file from the download "file" to the main area of the SD card-the root. All is good there. However, after following the instructions and getting to the apply upate from sdcard in yellow on the bottom, "E:failed to mount /sdcard (no such file or directory)" . Any suggestions? Thank you in advance! Erik

does this works fine? would it root my phone without bricking my phone?

I have tried over and over this "root my phone " deal. A friend of mine who's a Droid freak spent alot of time also to get this to work. No matter what we did, still ended up at a dead end. So disappointed. Ready to just get a better model and try it.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information