Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 2.0%

Question huawei ascend 2 gets stuck on a black screen.

After the phone died because of battery. I charged it and now it just turns on and gets stuck on a black screen.

I can hear the sound it makes when it starts up and i can see the back light on the screen. Bottom buttons turn on also.

Phone desnt ring when i call it . Screen lights and buttons turn on but thats it.

I've tried the volume up and down and power, Ive also tried installing a stock rom on the sdcard it looks like the phone restarts but same problem. Just a black screen.

I think it was first stuck on the huawei screen then just to this black screen. I didnt drop it, it didnt get wet and its not rooted.

Is there a fix to this or should i throw it away?

Thanks
    Ben
    Last edited by i3en; 02-06-2013 at 08:58 PM. Reason: added extra info

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by i3en View Post
    Is there a fix to this or should i throw it away?
    Ben
    hello ben, thanks for posting! this does sound like a hardware problem. it is common for these "inexpensive" android phones to black screen of doom. a wire gets loose, there was a part that shorted out, who really knows except the experts. the experts cost money and i don't think the ascend2 really needs money put into it.

Please don't throw away old phones! the experts will also probably pay you $10-20 for a broken ascend2 because they could use it for parts. any cell phone store is also a recycling center for cell phones by law in the usa we must take them in and be responsible for the environment.

Thanks,
    -Indica

Thread Information